Heavy Metal (1981 animated movie).

Started by JakeSully1981, April 11, 2011, 08:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeSully1981

Awesome cult Sci-fi horror fantasy anthology classic from the makers of Ghostbusters and based off the popular since 1976 adult comic magazine features the voices of John Candy, Eugene Levy, John Vernon (The Dean on Animal House), Harold Ramis and Joe Flathery that tells five animated stories about futuristic cab drivers, nerds who become warriors in a new body in a new world, disorder in the court in space, WWII zombies, a lovely secretary abducted by horny stoner aliens and a sexy female warrior who must save the galaxy all told by an evil ball from space.

I grew up with this movie since i was 12 when i saw it on TBS thanks to my city's local TV guide on what will play on friday and saturday nights with Vampire Hunter D, Robot Carnival, American Pop and Rock and Rule as they blew me away and became instant favorites. I even bought it on video when i was 15 after my birthday with the soundtrack and replaced my tape with the DVD after i got my player for graduation in high school.

For it's time it's an innovative animated movie with creativity, an awesome soundtrack by various rock singers and Elmer Bernstein and more. This movie is influential even among Fifth Element and Avatar as you can tell how similar Avatar is to Heavy Metal at times since HM is one of Cameron's favorite animated movies as he borrowed some stuff from it.

'Itan Atxur

I saw about the first half an hour before I had to leave for whatever reason. Liked what I saw.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Txur’Itan

I remember years ago, when the only way to see it, was on boot leg VHS.

I was so glad when they solved the legal issues surrounding the music and released it onto DVD.

I must have watched that flick 20 times as a teenager.
私は太った男だ。

'Itan Atxur

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

I've never seen this movie, but i have got a question: What did the animations look like back in 1981  ???? Only way i can imagine it is the characters and the environment being made in clay  :-\.
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Txantslusam Skxawng

Didn't South Park do a parody on this ?
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

bommel

Damn, I've seen this (and HM F.A.K.K. 2, and I own the game) ^^

'Itan Atxur