I noticed a mistake in the X-Men series...

Started by Yayo, October 10, 2011, 07:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yayo

Okay,
So we learnt from X-Men: First Class that Professor Xavier was injured at the end of the movie and it resulted in him becoming paralysed when he was quite young. Anyway, I watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine on the weekend and at the end of the film where Prof. X (played by Patrick Stewart) appears and rescues the mutant youngin's, he was completely mobile. Could someone please explain this to me? Were the other X-Men movies set in an alternative universe to the prequels? Could someone please explain this to me?

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Emtokay

But since Prof. X has powerful mind control powers, him not being in a wheel chair might've been the image he wanted in the other mutants minds
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Yayo

Yayo on facebook

Emtokay

What's to say he didn't? First impressions are a big thing.

Yayo

I suppose it's possible but considering what he's asking of them, I don't think that he would. Sorry if I seemed a bit rude, I just think that it's not true.

Yayo on facebook

Nyx

Yeah, I noticed that too, and there was the same thing in one of the first 3 movies where Xavier and Magneto visit some house, and if I remember correctly, he's walking there.

In the comics he goes back and forth a lot, one thing puts him in the wheelchair, another lets him walk again, then yet another puts him back in the wheelchair.. long story. It could be that the walking in the movies happened during one of those periods when he could walk (I'm not 100% sure about the timeline). It could also be some kind of mini-reboot, or they just didn't care about patching those things up.

Yayo

Since it's the same movie series, I was very confused. In First Class, Charles appeared to be in his twenties when he was paralysed by the bullet. However, when he's played by Patrick Stewart, he's clearly older and still mobile.

Yayo on facebook

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Yayo

Haha, very true. So, what have we concluded? :P

Yayo on facebook

archaic

Movie logic + narrative causality + selective amnesia = Franchise reboot ?
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Nì'awtua Eyktan

I see First Class as a reboot of the X-Men series. Like the new Spiderman movie or the Star Trek movie.
Or you can blame some time traveling mutant for screwing up the timeline, like Nero got Kirk's father killed (not to mention Vulcan :D).

Emtokay

I know why that happene, they ere supposed to get the actor who played Xavier in first class to be at the end of wolverine but he said no or something. So they got that other guy. Also in comic books (according to Chook my source of all information to do with marvel) Xavier wasn't paralyzed because of magneto

Emtokay

Up to another part in the Xmen series, Gene once had the power to heal Prof. X's spine but then it got damaged again.

Also Prof. X is walking again after a witch/mutant with greatest power ever known said there shall be no more mutants while she is alive then bam, everyone lost their powers including Xavier meaning he can walk again.

Yayo

I know that you said it may not have been referenced in the comic book series, but isn't the movie a 'completely' different universe from the comic books?

Yayo on facebook

Emtokay