"I see you". One of the better lines in this movie...

Started by 'Itan Atxur, March 28, 2010, 10:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sayprìsä

But Jake didn't intentionally betray them.  He really wanted to help them, but they tied him to a tree and yeah you know what happens
"You have a gift, Jack.  You do.  You see people."

'Itan Atxur

I found another movie that uses the line "I see you" in the same way as Oel ngati kameie. The indie film The Invisable. At the very end of the movie the main char (forgot his name) says it to Annie. If you haven't seen this movie, do so. It is truly excellent.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Sayprìsä on May 04, 2010, 08:07:30 PM
But Jake didn't intentionally betray them.  He really wanted to help them, but they tied him to a tree and yeah you know what happens

It seemed pretty intentional at the beginning, but "everything changed" right before the s*** hit the fan.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Jake_Sully_1

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 28, 2010, 10:37:54 PM
Rose says "You have a gift Jack. You see people". Jack responds "I see you". This is meant in the same way as Oel ngati kameie ...

Awesome observation! Great! :)
Grant awarded by the James Cameron Analysis Research Foundation for the Enlightenment about the Source of the Greatness of Avatar!!
;D

Mark

Quote from: Jake_Sully_1 on May 12, 2010, 01:41:14 AM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 28, 2010, 10:37:54 PM
Rose says "You have a gift Jack. You see people". Jack responds "I see you". This is meant in the same way as Oel ngati kameie ...

Awesome observation! Great! :)
Grant awarded by the James Cameron Analysis Research Foundation for the Enlightenment about the Source of the Greatness of Avatar!!
;D

Mark

Shorten the title. LOL.

LearnNavi Forums:

kintìomum

JCARF/ESGA ?
Interestingly enough this is at least somewhat speakable...
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

dkperformance

In titanic the part where Rose says "You have a gift Jack. You see people". Jack responds "I see you"
I think is very close to oel ngati kame, but not similar the same.

let me try to explain:
Titanic (you see people/  I see you)  :  for me that means that Jack can feel what people realy thinking about. He is a poor guy, his whole life fighting for staying alive. And so   
                                                       he learned how to estimate the people around him. He feel it, when someone told him: you are a good guy. But think: Ohh you
                                                       stupid, poor guy, why am I talking to you.
I think this is the way Titanic Jack can SEE

AVATAR:  For me is a bit different to that. Oel ngati kame (I see you) or Oel ngati kameie (I see you(and like it)) means for me: I feel you, I can feel with you. I don´t see your
               disability, your money, your strenght, your fear, your courage.  Nothing of it. The only thing I SEE is your spirit and it is a good spirit, kindly and strong.

the different is not as big as it looks like but I think it´s a different.

Quote from: kintìomum on May 13, 2010, 02:51:11 AM
JCARF/ESGA ?

I still think it too long of an acronym though. lol

LearnNavi Forums:

'Itan Atxur

The reason I feel they're the same is that they both mean that they truly understand the person they "see". I'll bet if we asked JC he'd say it is a common theme.

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 15, 2010, 01:48:28 AM
The reason I feel they're the same is that they both mean that they truly understand the person they "see". I'll bet if we asked JC he'd say it is a common theme.

So would I given that we have already seen that he has rolled many themes/ideas/things from his previous movies into Avatar.

LearnNavi Forums:

Zhowìntll

Quote from: Sayprìsä on May 04, 2010, 08:07:30 PM

Jake definitely betrayed Neytiri. How would you like it if you took someone in, taught them your ways, fell in love with them, only to learn that they knew, all along, that eventually a giant evil militaristic corporation would be coming to take your home, and they never told you? If that's not a betrayal of trust, I don't know what is. Jake betrayed Neytiri big time. If not for his little Toruk Makto manuever, he had no redeeming value. Thankfully, he was indeed Toruk Makto. Yay!

Jake didn't intentionally betray Neytiri. He believed that a diplomatic solution could be reached. The RDA betrayed Jake, and that betrayal made it LOOK like Jake betrayed the Omatikaya and Neytiri.

LearnNavi Forums:

Zhowìntll

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on May 29, 2010, 10:21:37 AM
Jake didn't intentionally betray Neytiri. He believed that a diplomatic solution could be reached. The RDA betrayed Jake, and that betrayal made it LOOK like Jake betrayed the Omatikaya and Neytiri.

Yeah, I know all that. I'm saying he betrayed her trust. He withheld some pretty big information -- information he would've known she'd want to know. Would you like it if someone you fell in love with didn't tell you that they were actually there to spy on you, so that the organization they came from could do a better job of convincing you to leave your home. Yes, Jake was hoping he could negotiate a peaceful solution, but in the process, he held back so much information from the person he loved that it amounts to a giant betrayal of trust.

It was a lose-lose for Jake if you think about it. Now matter when he told them, it would have been like a betrayal to the Omatikaya.

LearnNavi Forums:

'Itan Atxur

What he should have done is basically say screw you rda.

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 29, 2010, 10:43:41 PM
What he should have done is basically say screw you rda.

And then they would have just shipped him home.

LearnNavi Forums:

'Itan Atxur

The line "I see you" is used the same exact way in The Invisible. I won't spoil the story but the line is used in the closing mins to excellent effect.

IMHO, such a powerful line as "I see you" should be used VERY carefully and only in situations where it is truely meant. So far I've only heard it in 3 movies (Avatar, Titanic, The Invisible), and each one has used it perfectly!

Now I'm curious. Which do you all think is a more powerful phrase: "I see you" or... "I love you"? Or something else all together?

archaic

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on May 13, 2010, 01:54:44 PM
Quote from: kintìomum on May 13, 2010, 02:51:11 AM
JCARF/ESGA ?

I still think it too long of an acronym though. lol

Cameron Avatar Movie Excellence Investigation Executive.

Cameie.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on July 31, 2010, 10:33:54 PM
Now I'm curious. Which do you all think is a more powerful phrase: "I see you" or... "I love you"? Or something else all together?

Hmmm.... I would definitely say "I see you," because it can mean so much more than what we saw it used as in Avatar.  I mean, the Joker could have said "I See You" to Batman, because he understood and "saw" Batman as what he really was: a hero with only one rule to follow, and committed to sticking with that.

... I think that wasn't exactly a good example, but you get what I'm saying.  It takes a lot to love or see a person.  But there's only one direction you can "love" typically: "seeing" someone can go any direction.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

'Itan Atxur

Yes, I understand you point exactly. But more versatile doesn't always translate to more powerful, though in this case I think I agree with you.