"I see you". One of the better lines in this movie...

Started by 'Itan Atxur, March 28, 2010, 10:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

... and I'm not talking about Avatar. I'm talking about JCs other legendary movie.

I'm watching the movie right now and I just noticed Jack uses the line. It's right after he saves rose and she meets up with him out side and takes a look at his art. Rose says "You have a gift Jack. You see people". Jack responds "I see you". This is meant in the same way as Oel ngati kameie and not I see you in the physical sence. Rose was looking at a pic of an old woman wearing all her jewelry wainting for her long lost husband to return when she made her remark.

This is yet another reccuring JC theme.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

'Itan Atxur

I also might add that fibritzios (sure I butchered the spelling) character was robbed of screen time even more so than Norm.

Niawve Mokri

'Itan Atxur

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

kintìomum

Well, there is this one line reappearing in every StarWars movie ("I have a bad feeling about this") and although they've overdone it with it being said in EVERY SINGLE episode of the animated series it's become something you wait for.

How do you think are the chances that this happens to JC's "I see you" as well?
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

sezawte

On a scale of 1-10 of the chances of it re-appearing, I'd say probably about 11
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Ftiafpi

Quote from: sezawte on April 16, 2010, 06:45:56 AM
On a scale of 1-10 of the chances of it re-appearing, I'd say probably about 11

Hahaha, it's funny but true. That said, I doubt it's going to become cheesy like the "I have a bad feeling about this" line.

kintìomum

And what I just figured: You can clear the frontlines with the Na'vi-introduction.
From the neutral "Oel ngati kame" to the happy "glad-your're-there" with kameie and to the "Here I am, so let's talk before you screw up even more" with "Oel ngati kamänge".
(I'm not totally sure if I got the last one written right but you should get the meaning anyway.)
kintìomum : curiosity (lit.: need knowledge)

"You don't dream in cryo" they say. Good! Imagine a 6-year-nightmare!

All Things Avatar: AIM for us on twitter!

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: kintìomum on April 08, 2010, 08:35:41 AM
Well, there is this one line reappearing in every StarWars movie ("I have a bad feeling about this") and although they've overdone it with it being said in EVERY SINGLE episode of the animated series it's become something you wait for.

Yea, he's consisent. Take for example Abyss. The inside of the little tiny "ROV"that the species uses looks EXACTLY like an 'atokirina.

<Oe lu ikran makto.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

'Itan Atxur

I'm serious, pause the movie and look at it in detail. The basic structure of the 'atokirina is there.

LearnNavi Forums:

sezawte

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on April 20, 2010, 10:55:47 AM
Quote from: kintìomum on April 08, 2010, 08:35:41 AM

Yea, he's consisent. Take for example Abyss. The inside of the little tiny "ROV"that the species uses looks EXACTLY like an 'atokirina.

<Oe lu ikran makto.

True that!! nice observation
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Yea, i saw that movie for the first time awhile ago, backed it up and looked at it in detail and I was like "Wait a minute"...lol

LearnNavi Forums:

Sayprìsä

I <3 TITANIC!!!!!!!  And yes, that line is in Titanic and it makes me totally happy that it's used in the same context as Avatar. 

Anyone notice how similar Rose and Neytiri are?  They both are supposed to marry/mate some buttface guy, they both have a sort of crisis when they question their love (after Jack was accused of taking the necklace, after hometree died), and they both only have a mom (remember, Neytiri's dad is dead by the end of the movie). 
"You have a gift, Jack.  You do.  You see people."

'Itan Atxur

I think that's a bit of a stretch. Their personalites and backgrounds are very different. If anything Jake and Jack are similar but even that is pushing it.

Sayprìsä

I don't mean their personalities.  I just mean basically what happens to them throughout the course of the story.

'Itan Atxur

Hmmm. Idk. I'm still not quite seeing it.

Unique to Rose:

Tries to kill herself
In a pre determined engagement where we know she doesn't like the guy
Is never betrayed by Jack
Person she's in love with dies.

Unique to Neytiri:

Is betrayed.
Is in a pre determined engagement where we really don't know how she feels about the guy
Gets shot out of the sky
Kills people

Similarities:

Sinking/Falling
Their lives are turned upside down

I do understand what you're saying and I love JCs recurring themes. I'm just not sure it extends to Rose and Neytiri. That's just my opinion though.

Sayprìsä

I don't see how Neytiri was betrayed.  She only thought she was

Quote from: Sayprìsä on May 04, 2010, 10:00:00 AM
I don't see how Neytiri was betrayed.  She only thought she was

Technically the whole tribe was betrayed, the RDA abused the Omatikaya's trust in Jake to gain intel as to how they could force them out of Hometree. And the RDA also betrayed Jake, they pushed the all powerful "Patriot" button, if you've seen the movie Shooter, you should get that reference.

LearnNavi Forums: