Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, October 23, 2012, 03:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Trailer to the third Iron Man movie has released

Iron Man III coming out at the theaters in april next year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV8H7kszXqo

Txur’Itan

I am looking forward to this run.

They have to step up the tension for the next several movies to build up to the battle in Avengers 2.
私は太った男だ。

Kekerusey

That looks truly excellent though, to be fair, I thought that when I saw the Iron Man II trailer and that wasn't a patch on the first one. Still ... it must be watched I think ;D

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

moonbeam

I liked the first one. I didn't like the 3nd one as much but I can't wait for the 3rd.

Click the dragons to give them love!

Niri Te

Iron man and avengers are WAAAAY to Corney for me. I also don't like a movie that teaches kids to aspire to that kind of wealth,  power,  and privilege.  The message behind AVATAR is MUCH more appropriate for young kids to see EARLY (like starting at five) and OFTEN.
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Niri Te on December 28, 2012, 10:20:57 AM
Iron man and avengers are WAAAAY to Corney for me. I also don't like a movie that teaches kids to aspire to that kind of wealth,  power,  and privilege.  The message behind AVATAR is MUCH more appropriate for young kids to see EARLY (like starting at five) and OFTEN.

In my limited observations, of the various children I have known in that age range, kids seem to only like vibrant colors and flashy visuals. They are frequently ignoring the drabness and brown hues of many live action features, oblivious to story elements that are not grabbing their attention, and falling asleep if those drab elements last too long on screen.

They are not typically paying close attention to the "message" as an adult might observe it.

I guess if the redemptive aspect of Tony Stark was ignored, his arrogance and avarice would be all there was to say about that character. However, his desire to focus on being the Ironman has been a drain on his resources, which is a point of interpersonal conflict. I think that, wealth is a tool, and as such can be misused, but, the choice to use it to be a hero is a splendid bit of storytelling. This is because, the reality of wealth use is barely so fractionally virtuous as that.

If one is looking for a good message... They are doing the right thing contrasting against their past transgressions, which appears as the point of people/characters like Tony Stark and Jake Sully both.

Tony was a spoiled kid with little morality defining him, and then facing the damage he caused through apathy and excess caused him to pivot towards a more virtuous drive. The third movie is likely, based on what can be deduced from comics and the previews, the apex of his transition away from his arrogance and avarice.

Jake was a corporate soldier doing whatever his bosses told him. He saw the arrogance and avarice of the RDA and rebelled.

All said, this thread could get derailed debating the comparisons between these two movies. So more Ironman III please.  ;D

私は太った男だ。

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

just a little off-topic, but funny ;D

I remember this, when I was watching Season 6 of TBBT

Txur’Itan

It was awesome, stay after the credits.

;D
私は太った男だ。

Human No More

I managed to miss the post-credits scene, although have since heard what it was.

Really, not a terrible film, but a very disappointing ending, and the whole 'genetic' thing is going too far into magic when I like Iron Man partly because it's more plausible than most other superhero premise.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Human No More on May 13, 2013, 05:23:37 PM
I managed to miss the post-credits scene, although have since heard what it was.

Really, not a terrible film, but a very disappointing ending, and the whole 'genetic' thing is going too far into magic when I like Iron Man partly because it's more plausible than most other superhero premise.

I can see how that would be a bit out there. The Extremis thing was in the comics and part of a multi-issue story arc, they covered some of the basics, and it was well regarded, but a movie treatment should have had a longer build up with some of its elements exposed for what they were in the previous movies. It was a variation on the super soldier experiments, but it had a very different result from Captain America and the Hulk.

For me, real or not real is not much of a factor in watching/reading fictional stories. However, I'd have concerns if I saw reports of a real Thor/Loki smack down on CNN.
私は太った男だ。