James Cameron's new sci-fi documentary

Started by Vawmataw, January 15, 2017, 10:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawmataw

AMC has approved a six-episode documentary series from James Cameron about how the science fiction genre has changed over time, as well as how it's changed us.

The show, called James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction, will debut in 2018. Each episode will feature Cameron diving into one of the "big questions" that humanity has explored through science fiction movies and TV shows, like dependence on technology, space exploration and colonialism, and how to comprehend alien life (I'm suggesting these themes myself, James call me). He and others will break down each issue, how it's been covered in scifi, and where they see the discussion moving forward.

Source

QuoteOrionsangel > Beth Elderkin
1/15/17 10:19am
It could be delayed and cost a billion dollars to produce and 30 years to direct, lol. I mean the way Cameron prepares and releases projects you'd think that Cameron thinks he's gonna live forever.
Honestly it's not wrong. When you think about it he has many projects, such as Toruk, the Avatar Exhibition, Alita: Battle Angel (which is the FILMING stage) and the upcoming Avatar movies. What are his priorities?
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

QuoteAMC has approved a six-episode documentary series from James Cameron about how the science fiction genre has changed over time, as well as how it's changed us.
This looks as good idea :) I think that it will be interesting.

Quote from: Vawmataw on January 15, 2017, 10:09:26 AM
What are his priorities?
I would like know it too.

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

JoyStar

I hadn't heard of this before now, it seems to be right up my alley!