Last HP movie is out

Started by Toruk Makto, July 17, 2011, 09:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

The thought of trying to produce a 10 hour movie gives me the willies. I hate those willies...

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

'Itan Atxur

Lol. My friends and I just opened a video production company and it's hard enough making a 10 minute movie!

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Txur’Itan

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on July 18, 2011, 02:26:36 PM
Lol. My friends and I just opened a video production company and it's hard enough making a 10 minute movie!

Even harder making a 10 minute movie with more than one layer of special effects.
私は太った男だ。

Ekirä

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on July 18, 2011, 01:46:52 PM
Quote from: Ekirä on July 18, 2011, 09:24:47 AM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on July 18, 2011, 06:59:28 AM
First and foremost, I cannot wait to finally see the last HP movie.

Second (and please excuse my negativity), how long will I have to wait for them to remake this atrocious movie series? It took them all the way to the 7th movie to FINALLY make a halfway decent HP movie. The other movies are similar to the books only in name. Guess I'm too much of a purist.

If they were exactly like the books, they would have been 10 hours long and fraught with complicated detail that's only good when read, not watched. ;)

I look at them not as I see the books, but sort of as an alternate universe. ;D

Just look at what Peter Jackson did with LotR. He proved that you can cut stuff and still be true to the series. I can understand why they had to cut things from the HP movies. But WHY did they add their own scenes in?
Why were these things added but key scenes cut?

Also, I would totally watch a 10 hour movie. We spend 10+ hours reading. I've always wondered why we feel the need to finish a movie in one viewing.

In my opinion, the directors added those things because they were an asset to the story in the movie--which I think they were--and because they weren't trying to make a replica of the book. I know there are a lot of fans that want to see the exact same story as in the book, but I would find it a little dull to watch exactly the books in movie format.

In terms of replicating the books, the movies aren't so great. In terms of just being a movie, I think they're all excellent. :D But to each their own. ;)

And I did love that they split HP7 into two movies, that was smart. But no one but a diehard fan will want to sit through a 10 hour movie, and these movies aren't only directed toward the diehard fans. :P

Kamean

Agree. But I can sit through a 10 hour movie. But only if I really like it. :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I saw it the 14th and I really liked it! The 3D wasn't too good though since I noticed a bit of ghosting. Might have been because I sat at the edge of the front row though.

The guy who sold tickets said that they had a few seats in the middle row, but on the edge. Then I got a place on the edge of the front row instead...
Scumbag cinema employee. :(

Quote from: Txur'Itan on July 18, 2011, 01:31:30 PM
I think we may see a 7 Season TV Series in approximately ten years.

Possibly Animated, possibly live action, a Season for each book.

That's an awesome idea!

Clarke

(Your cinema assigns seats?  ???)

What, even for the early ones? I'd have thought Philosopher's Stone didn't have enough in it for a whole season of a TV show.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Thomas R on July 18, 2011, 05:04:38 PM

Well, I don't know about Sweden, but in Germany they do have assigned seats.* :)

A super long Harry Potter TV series would be sooo epic! :D

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Yep, and if you order online you're able to pick exactly which seat you want. It's kind of nice if you order you're tickets early that you can be sure to get a good spot without having to be the first to enter.

Ekirä

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on July 18, 2011, 07:00:04 PM

Yep, and if you order online you're able to pick exactly which seat you want. It's kind of nice if you order you're tickets early that you can be sure to get a good spot without having to be the first to enter.

Wow. That's pretty awesome, here you had to wait in line for 6+ hours if you wanted a half decent seat (and I didn't even get that because I was too nice ::)).

Txur’Itan

What, even for the early ones? I'd have thought Philosopher's Stone didn't have enough in it for a whole season of a TV show.

I suppose that is a matter of development.  There is much discussed that only appears in the form of words and conversation between characters. If well done, that can add meat to the visuals, and produce more involved story telling with flashbacks covering all of the characters from the first book, rather than cutting them out, or only giving them a cameo as what occurred in the movies.
私は太った男だ。

Syulang

I saw the second part on Tuesday, it was SO awesome!!   ;D though some things are really different in the movie than the book. I've read the whole series a lot of times  ;) I'm currently re-reading the series, and I'm up to the fifth book.  :)
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Syulang on July 18, 2011, 09:59:37 PM
I saw the second part on Tuesday, it was SO awesome!!   ;D though some things are really different in the movie than the book. I've read the whole series a lot of times  ;) I'm currently re-reading the series, and I'm up to the fifth book.  :)

:D Yes, up to the fourth book I read them a couple of times, too. Especially the fourth, my favourite, which I read 8 times I think. :)

Txantslusam Skxawng

When I was younger, I had HP 2 on videotape ( I don't know the english name, but I thought it was Secret Chamber or something.... ) and I knew the lines I could just talk with it, just like I have now with Avatar :P
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Äteya

I went to the midnight opening in 3D. IT. WAS. AWESOME.

archaic

Agreed, it is awesome, very dark in places, like the book.

It even brought a tear to these jaded and cynical eyes.

Would I recommend it? Hell yeah!!!

Will it clean up at the Oscars?
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

I finally watched the movie and also found it very great! :D I think I liked the first part better as a whole, but this one contained very powerful sentimental moments and epic battles, and I liked the balance between the calmer explanatory moments and the action sequences. :)

Human No More

I still haven't seen it... I really should get on that, I guess...
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Human No More on July 31, 2011, 10:24:03 AM
I still haven't seen it... I really should get on that, I guess...
Same here
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Kamean

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on July 31, 2011, 07:40:56 AM
I finally watched the movie and also found it very great! :D I think I liked the first part better as a whole, but this one contained very powerful sentimental moments and epic battles, and I liked the balance between the calmer explanatory moments and the action sequences. :)

I also agree with it. :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.