Last Movie You Saw

Started by Stranger Come Knocking, March 26, 2011, 12:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stranger Come Knocking

Watched plenty of movies this Easter weekend and now I shall share my thoughts.

Shutter Island 9/10 - The actors were stiffs.  But the plot was incredible. :o

Gattaca 4/10 - Starts out interesting and there are a few amusing parts, but overall, pointless

300 9/10 - I wonder if they intended for the scenery to look CGI.  I know it is, but if they were going for the realistic look, they could have done it better.

10,000 B.C. 5/10 - Amusing in some parts, but not fabulous.  The TV guide says 'A young mammoth-hunter discovers a lost civilization on his quest to find his wife' If it's 10k BC, how many lost civilizations can there be?
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Lolet te Maticay Irana'ite Omaticaya on April 23, 2011, 01:16:27 PM
Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on April 23, 2011, 07:03:52 AM
Quote from: Lolet te Maticay Irana'ite Omaticaya on April 22, 2011, 10:39:14 PM
Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on April 22, 2011, 09:55:18 PM
Valentine's Day. 8.5/10. :)

The one with Taylor Swift?

Yep! :P Her in couple with Taylor Lautner is kinda weird. hrh :'D

I thought they were pretty cute.  :D I wasn't expecting the football guy to be gay tho.

hrh Me neither! I was like, Oh my god, that's the coolest thing ever. :D

I Love You Phillip Morris. 9/10, just because they're too cute! <3

Emtokay

Making my way through Starship Troopers 3. This movie gets a 5/10 simply because it sucks majorly to the second movie (6.5/10) which sucks majorly to the first movie which I'd give a 8.5/10
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Emtokay on April 26, 2011, 03:09:22 AM
Making my way through Starship Troopers 3. This movie gets a 5/10 simply because it sucks majorly to the second movie (6.5/10) which sucks majorly to the first movie which I'd give a 8.5/10

Have you heard they're making a fourth and bringing back the original main character?

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Yayo

Black Hawk Down. 9.5/10.
Compelling story, realistic effects.

-.5 for lack of sniping. :D

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Yayo. on April 26, 2011, 08:29:49 AM
Black Hawk Down. 9.5/10.

Mllte, and its based on a true story, but you probably knew that.

I would give the -.5 for that book that guy was reading just before they head out. That book came out in 1994, while the movie plays in 1993.

Avatar - 14/10 ( Yea, it goes of the chart xD )
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

'Itan Atxur

Yayo

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on April 26, 2011, 04:59:52 PM
Quote from: Yayo. on April 26, 2011, 08:29:49 AM
Black Hawk Down. 9.5/10.

Mllte, and its based on a true story, but you probably knew that.

I would give the -.5 for that book that guy was reading just before they head out. That book came out in 1994, while the movie plays in 1993.

I was amazed - it was the most realistic war-epic I've seen.

Yayo on facebook

'Itan Atxur

What about the hurt locker? (9/10 btw)

Yayo

It was okay.. DEFINITELY shouldn't have beaten Avatar... The only good scene in the Hurt Locker was the Sniping scene.

Yayo on facebook

Seseni

Quote from: Yayo. on April 26, 2011, 10:27:46 PM
It was okay.. DEFINITELY shouldn't have beaten Avatar... The only good scene in the Hurt Locker was the Sniping scene.

I also think The Hurt Locker was way overrated. It was good, but it didn't deserve to win. I think District 9 should have won that year, personally. It was a far more unique and emotional storyline.

The last movie I watched was Black Swan. 11/10. Absolutely phenomenal, in terms of acting, symbolism, character progression, ending, cinematography, music, and editing. However, it certainly isn't for the weak of heart. An excellent successor to Perfect Blue.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Yayo

Actually, the reason Avatar didn't win was because it was of the Sci-Fi genre. According to this logic, District 9 wouldn't have won either.

Yayo on facebook

bommel

Watched New Kids Turbo yesterday. Haven't seen a more senseless movie in a long time but it was still very funny ;D

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: bommel on April 27, 2011, 01:54:52 AM
Watched New Kids Turbo yesterday. Haven't seen a more senseless movie in a long time but it was still very funny ;D
Awesome movie, right! I'm getting the Blu-ray here soon :P

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on April 26, 2011, 10:23:21 PM
What about the hurt locker? (9/10 btw)
My dad couldn't sit through that for more then 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes he thought, maybe the good will come, but then when he looked again on the clock it was only 15 minutes later.... So me and my dad don't like it. ( Maybe its cuz we both didn't watched it completly )

Emtokay

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on April 26, 2011, 07:13:43 AM
Quote from: Emtokay on April 26, 2011, 03:09:22 AM

Have you heard they're making a fourth and bringing back the original main character?

Rico was in the third movie, but the third was more of a religon vs pollitics thing
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Yayo

I watched Tears of the Sun. 9.5/10

Yayo on facebook

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Yayo. on April 27, 2011, 12:38:53 AM
Actually, the reason Avatar didn't win was because it was of the Sci-Fi genre. According to this logic, District 9 wouldn't have won either.

The academy would never admit that though. Of course Avatar deserved it x10 (looks like we'll have to wait for the third entry like LOTR) but if Avatar couldn't have it, District 9 should have been next in line. This is why I don't like the 10 nomination setup. Why nominate movies that really don't stand a chance?

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 11/10

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Yayo. on April 27, 2011, 03:52:33 AM
I watched Tears of the Sun. 9.5/10
I got it on DVD  ;D Good movie, I bought Tears of the Sun a while back since I couldn't ( and this is not a coincidence ) find Black Hawk Down.

Yayo

Haha, this is even more of a coincidence! My Mum bought be a 3 DVD pack that had Black Hawk Down, Tears of the Sun and Casualties of War.

Yayo on facebook