Last Movie You Saw

Started by Stranger Come Knocking, March 26, 2011, 12:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Emtokay

Against The Dark. Can't give rating as I fell asleep during it cause it didn't interest me. I was hoping for a blade style movie. This failed to deliver for me.
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

bommel

Quote from: Emtokay on May 02, 2011, 01:34:24 AM
Against The Dark. Can't give rating as I fell asleep during it cause it didn't interest me. I was hoping for a blade style movie. This failed to deliver for me.

Lol, this was on TV yesterday and I wanted to watch it too but somehow I completely missed it ^^

Brainiac

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on April 30, 2011, 05:59:07 PM
Quote from: Yayo. on April 30, 2011, 08:34:43 AM
Independence Day: 4/10

I used to LOVE this movie, but now the story and characters feel too one dimensional to me. I'd give it a 6.5/10. Not quite a failure, but I can't say I like the movie.

That being said, I can't wait for the sequels!! Will Smith is signed on for both.
Independence day gets a 6.5/7, simply because of Will Smith playing Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum playing Jeff Goldblum. :p
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

'Itan Atxur

Txantslusam Skxawng

WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Nyx

Just saw Arsene Lupin (2004), I'd give it 7.5/10. It has some great characters and the only bad thing I can mention is that there were some strange cuts a few times. Having only read a kind of tribute comic about Arsene Lupin, the movie wasn't quite what I expected but I definitely want to look up older works now. Check it out if you have 2 hours to spare :)

'Itan Atxur

Currently watching "Across the Universe" for the second time. It gets a 9/10. Loses a point because it seems to stray at the beginning of the end, but it gets on track well enough for an awesome ending.

If you like The Beatles and musicals, I HIGHLY recommend this movie. If you don't really like musicals, you'll get bored fast. But I think you can like this movie w/o loving The Beatles. The remixes are awesome.

Brainiac

The island of dr moreau. an intriguing opening 15 minutes followed by an hour and a half of crap. Stay away

Emtokay

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 02, 2011, 04:58:32 PM
Valkyrie

I thought that movie sucked. And it sucked more because of Tom Cruise.
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Emtokay on May 03, 2011, 06:41:15 AM
Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 02, 2011, 04:58:32 PM
Valkyrie

I thought that movie sucked. And it sucked more because of Tom Cruise.
I thought it would be any good since it had Carice Van Houten in it ( Dutch actrice ). She plays the wife of Tom Cruise in the movie.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Brainiac on May 03, 2011, 06:18:28 AM
The island of dr moreau. an intriguing opening 15 minutes followed by an hour and a half of crap. Stay away

I hate when a movie catches you off the bat just to suck the rest of the way. Kick ass was like that for me. LOVED the first (and last) 15 mins, found the rest to be average at best.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Txantslusam Skxawng

Inception 11/10    ( I gave Avatar 14/10 ;) )

You gotta your mind awake and pay attention, but not really that hard to figure out and the ending is also obvious.

Seseni

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 03, 2011, 05:06:59 PM
Inception 11/10    ( I gave Avatar 14/10 ;) )

You gotta your mind awake and pay attention, but not really that hard to figure out and the ending is also obvious.

I love Inception! It only gets better every time you watch it. Nolan is a brilliant director.

The last movie I just saw was Hannah. I'd give it a 9/10. It had great action, an awesome female lead, and an addicting soundtrack. I definitely recommend it!  

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Brainiac

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 03, 2011, 08:20:34 AM
Quote from: Brainiac on May 03, 2011, 06:18:28 AM

I hate when a movie catches you off the bat just to suck the rest of the way. Kick ass was like that for me. LOVED the first (and last) 15 mins, found the rest to be average at best.

Dunno, I really liked KickAss. Also, the comic was way more depressing.

Spoiler: not safe for kids. I mean it.

'Itan Atxur

Definitely an 11/10. Another awesome science fiction movie to get passed up by the Academy. Also,

Brainiac

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 03, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

Definitely an 11/10. Another awesome science fiction movie to get passed up by the Academy. Also,
From what I heard, it might even be about filmmaking, and the difference between being in theatres and out of it. It's... complicated, multi-layered, but I love it.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

rating 10+ because of good quality, good content, you gets in love with this movie, you learning how the aliens on this world taking care of their nature, culture, language, how they survive

AVATAR AND THE NA'VI FOREVER AND EVER,    :)  :P ;) :-*

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

The Invisible. if anyone's not seen it, you should. beautifully tragic film.
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.