Last Movie You Saw

Started by Stranger Come Knocking, March 26, 2011, 12:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archaic

Avatar ?/10 on the one hand it's as awesome as ever. Miss seeing it in theater, in 3D.

Just starting to notice some of the bad pronunciation.
Spotted another continuity error to.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

'Itan Atxur

Man on the Moon - The jury is still out, but  for now I'll give it a 7/10

The first hour of this movie are a solid 10/10 but it completely derails after the
and never really gets back on track. The ending is touching and clever, but it's missing something I can't put my finger on right now.

I love Jim Carry's less traditional movies. Man on the Moon is kinda like a transition movie, still funny but a different angle. If somebody could explain to me what I've apparently missed it'd be greatly appriciated :P

[EDIT] After reading a few user reviews I've realized I watched this movie in almost the completely wrong way. I didn't even realize it was based on a real person :o :o

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 11, 2011, 05:58:13 AM
Inception - 9.9/10

Awesome movie! :)

I watched Agora before yesterday. It was very, very interesting and powerful, but also kind of boring/awkward sometimes, so I give it a 8.5/10. Definitely worth watching for anyone interested in epic tales, inter-religious wars and antiquity! :D

Human No More

I watched Avatar again last night for my Birthday, so the actual time came in the middle - it was during Jake's First Flight :D
I thought that was appropriate, the thing that means the most to me to open another year.
Now I just keep thinking of Pandora again though... I want to go home :(
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

'Itan Atxur

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

Quote from: Human No More on May 14, 2011, 03:24:31 AM
I watched Avatar again last night for my Birthday, so the actual time came in the middle - it was during Jake's First Flight :D
I thought that was appropriate, the thing that means the most to me to open another year.
Now I just keep thinking of Pandora again though... I want to go home :(
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 14, 2011, 11:19:31 AM
I know exactly what you mean

Oe nìteng.

Lolet

Swoka Ikran

Direct Contact.

OK if you love watching car chases, explosions, and gun fights, but the storyline was a disaster. It also lacked variety...much of the movie consisted of "Run from military, get away, run from military again, get away again."

5/10.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

DJ Makto

Salt

7/10

Your average spy flick, decent with a few interesting twists.

Emtokay

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

They should have (with a vampire chick) in the title as well.
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Emtokay on May 15, 2011, 06:14:14 AM

I like that movie :P

Greenzone  8  /  10

It starts off a little boring, but it gets better and the ending is very true

''You do not decide what happens here.'' A translater says that against the american soldier ( matt damon )
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Brainiac

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 15, 2011, 03:08:05 PM
Quote from: Emtokay on May 15, 2011, 06:14:14 AM

I like that movie :P

Greenzone  8  /  10

It starts off a little boring, but it gets better and the ending is very true

''You do not decide what happens here.'' A translater says that against the american soldier ( matt damon )
Yes, very strong ending. Liked it. 8 sounds about right :p
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

'Itan Atxur

Idiocracy - 10/10

The best pure comedy ever made. Excellent message too.

Lolet

Schindler's List. 10/10. My favorite part was when all the women thought they were being gassed, but water came out instead.

'Itan Atxur

Man, what a good movie that was. I can't believe I've only seen it once. Can't decide if that's the best concentration camp movie or "It's a Beautiful Life".

Lolet

I liked both of those movies. They're just so different. One is funny and sweet, and the other one has blood spurting out of people's heads.

'Itan Atxur

Very true. But they both have powerful and emotional scenes. Part of the reason the second half of It's a Beautiful Life is so strong is because they gave the main character so much charm and personality.

Lolet

I was amazed at how he managed to stay so cheerful for his son. I would have been like, "Screw it, we're all gonna die, kid!". At least the little boy found his mom at the end.

Nyx

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides... 10/10, I love these movies :D

No need to see it in 3D though (unless it's a midnight premier ;)), it was only really useful in 3-4 scenes. But if you like Jack Sparrow's insanity, don't miss out on this one!

Oh and there was a nice reference to 'Allo 'Allo (in case anyone knows that show... if not, check it out!) ^^