Last Movie You Saw

Started by Stranger Come Knocking, March 26, 2011, 12:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Those are the movies I watched in the last days. :'D And in case you'd be wondering, yes, I like watching films and I have nothing more relevant to do at the moment. ;D

Bear Brothers - 8/10
Very sweet and nice, but kind of predictable and cliché. I liked the music and the context in which the story is put. The matter of relationship between humans and animals touches me, and I found the movie very touching for that. :)

Tristan & Isolde - 7.5
A timeless and very strong love story, sad and heart-breaking. However, I found that the movie wasn't as touching to me as it could have been. Also, I kinda have troubles relating to the relationship between Tristan and Isolde - it seems so unrealistic to me. :/

Toy Story III - 9/10
Very good sequel, of a quality that I wouldn't have expected. :) Full of adventure and good laughs. It's astonishing how one can get nervous and involved in a movie starring puppets, toys and stuffed animals! ;D hrh

How To Train Your Dragon - 10/10
A masterpiece! Incredibly entertaining, catchy, beautiful, original and inspiring. <3 I love love love Toothless, probably like everyone else who's seen the film. ;) The only point getting on my nerves would be Astrid. xD

Bon Cop Bad Cop - 9.5/10
Probably one of the best films from Québec I have seen! :D The two main protagonists have made me die of laughter - there is an electric energy between them that is very funny and nice to watch. Very good dialogues, and even the action bits are well done! ;3

The Book of Eli - 8.5/10
A film like no other, with a very definite atmosphere and style. At times perhaps a bit long, but overall very nice. The end is awesome and makes you fall down from your chair!

Le Journal d'Aurélie Laflamme - 8/10
A kid's film, but pretty cool to watch even for people of my age. ;) It's entertaining and cute, although again a bit predictable and cliché. The actors' playing skills are surprisingly credible and touching for their age!

I Love You Phillip Morris - 7/10
From a certain point on, the movie just gets ridiculous and made me stare in disbelief. Once again, Carrey's acting style gives the tone to the movie, but in this case I would have strongly preferred another one. Just for the incredibly sweet and nice love story, though (as well as McGregor's acting in his role), I give it a 7. :)

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - 8/10
My favourite movie of the saga so far. I find that everything flows pretty well and that the action parts, as well as the more sentimental ones, are in good proportions and make a film that is overall fun and entertaining to watch. :3

Lance R. Casey

Quote from: Nyx on May 17, 2011, 08:23:52 PM
Oh and there was a nice reference to 'Allo 'Allo (in case anyone knows that show... if not, check it out!) ^^
Know it? It was my daily delight for years! ;D

Allo Allo - Crabtree

// Lance R. Casey

'Itan Atxur

I was not a fan of the book of eli. Not enough Mila Kunis, too much Denzel. Also too religious for me. I wish they were playing movies on my flight :(

archaic

Quote from: Lance R. Casey on May 18, 2011, 09:31:30 AM
Oh and there was a nice reference to 'Allo 'Allo (in case anyone knows that show... if not, check it out!) ^^
You stupid woman, can you not see that it was my daily delight for years!! ;D

Fixed.

;D ;) :P
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Swoka Ikran

Stayed up until 3am last night to watch it.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

I watching now Armageddon, It is a very good movie  :) :) :)

trailer here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq6q2BrTino

Nyx

Quote from: archaic on May 18, 2011, 10:53:35 AM
Quote from: Lance R. Casey on May 18, 2011, 09:31:30 AM
You stupid woman, can you not see that it was my daily delight for years!! ;D

Fixed.

;D ;) :P
Haha win! ;D

Oh and Lance, I have a dvd with seasons 3 and 4, signed by Guy Siner ;)

And here's the reference I was talking about:

MaTe

The Brothers Bloom 10/10

Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

'Itan Atxur

bommel

Saw X-Files on TV yesterday (the first movie)

Txantslusam Skxawng

The Boy Who Cried Werewolf    -    7,5 / 10        ( I watched it, cuz Victoria Justice is in it )

Pirates of The Carribean : At World's End    -    9 / 10
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Human No More

99999999999999999999999999/10
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

'Itan Atxur

Txantslusam Skxawng

Bad Boys II     8,8 / 10

Gotta love that movie !!!
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Lolet

Poltergeist. 6/10. It was pretty scary, but super cheesy too. What was with the bodies popping out everywhere? Don't even get me started on that giant throat thing.  ::)

Nyx

Quote from: Lolet te Maticay Irana'ite Omaticaya on May 21, 2011, 03:15:07 PM
Poltergeist. 6/10. It was pretty scary, but super cheesy too. What was with the bodies popping out everywhere? Don't even get me started on that giant throat thing.  ::)
Oh man do I have memories with that movie... When I was a kid, we used to stay up and watch those "scary" movies late at night, eating burned popcorn (9-year-olds shouldn't make their own popcorn :P) and trying to scare each other. I don't really want to watch it now because it'd probably be a lot worse than what I remember, haha ^^

Lolet

Quote from: Nyx on May 21, 2011, 05:05:08 PM
Quote from: Lolet te Maticay Irana'ite Omaticaya on May 21, 2011, 03:15:07 PM
Oh man do I have memories with that movie... When I was a kid, we used to stay up and watch those "scary" movies late at night, eating burned popcorn (9-year-olds shouldn't make their own popcorn :P) and trying to scare each other. I don't really want to watch it now because it'd probably be a lot worse than what I remember, haha ^^

I made my sister watch it with me, because aything with ghosts freak me out.   ::)

archaic

Even Casper?

How To Train Your Dragon.
Best movie I have seen in I can't remember how long, not counting Avatar of course. 9.99/10

Definitely, in my opinion, the two best of this millennium.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

'Itan Atxur

I just purchased How to Train your Dragon w/o having even seen it because of the reviews in this topic. Can't wait to see it!