Last Movie You Saw

Started by Stranger Come Knocking, March 26, 2011, 12:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynxcat

I saw Detective Pikachu opening weekend and I thought it was funny. I really enjoyed it!  :)
Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

Toliman

Rewatched Guardians of the Galaxy. still great :)

Toliman

Rewatched How To Train Your Dragon 1 and 2 before few days :)

archaic

I still prefer the first HtTYD.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Yeah, I too :)
It's similar like as my many favourite movies, first movie is the best. However, have you any movies where sequel is far better then first movie?

archaic

Terminator 2, Mad Max 2, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Aliens, The Dark Knight, Toy Story 3, Avatar 2.

;)  :D

Toliman

Ah yeah, all these are good movies :)

Quote from: archaic on August 11, 2019, 03:31:24 PM
;D I hope that it will be right :D

archaic

Avatar1 sixteen years in the making and was epic, Avatar2 will have been twelve years in the making and will be epic as well, I have no doubt.
Titanic six years in the making and was very successful, despite not floating my boat.  ;)  :facepalm:
Titanic2 twenty two years, and counting. ::)   :-\

Toliman

Yeah :)

Quote from: archaic on August 11, 2019, 04:25:59 PM
Titanic six years in the making and was very successful, despite not floating my boat.
You was not be pleased by Titanic movie?

archaic

I was interested by the technical aspect of the wreck diving at the beginning, but it has never been a movie that I have any real interest in. I have tried to analyze why, I can't put my finger on it.
The acting is fine, the sets, the props, costumes, special effects were all as good as they could be back in the late nineties, and they have all aged really well. The music was great, the writing is fine, the plot works and makes sense (as much as any real life love affair does).
The directing was spot on, I honestly cannot think of one single shot in the whole where I felt something was actually wrong.

Yes, there is debate as to weather Jack could have got on the piece of wreckage with Rose and survived too, but that's not it either.

Yes, it is kinda slow paced to start with, but then so is Avatar - which I love.

I really and truly cannot explain it, I genuinely cannot put my finger on why, but Titanic just flat out doesn't 'do it' for me.

Toliman

Quote from: archaic on August 12, 2019, 03:42:23 PM
I really and truly cannot explain it, I genuinely cannot put my finger on why, but Titanic just flat out doesn't 'do it' for me.
Yeah, I understand :)

Quote from: archaic on August 12, 2019, 03:42:23 PM
... something was actually wrong.
Yeah, I know about it . It was really pretty nit-picky ;D

Rotobull cz

It Chapter 2

I loved the film.
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

Toliman

Few days ago, I rewatched Interstellar. I still love it :)

Rotobull cz

Joker

Another amazing film :)
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

Toliman

Yesterday I rewatched my favourite horor Ring,
still impressive.

Rotobull cz

Toliman

Warsaw 44

7 / 10

Quote from: Rotobull cz on October 07, 2019, 08:04:51 AM
Cotton Club

Great movie.
Yeah, I know it, really good movie :)

Eltusiyu

Terminator: Dark Fate 7/10

It has some very bad moments, some very good ones. It's visually appealing, very fast-paced. It's definitely better terminator movie than T3 / T:Salvation / T:Genysis, but it's not necessarily a better movie itself.
I really enjoyed it and it's definitely not as bad as people claim it is. However, it's still far far away from T1/T2 in every aspect.

The biggest flow is; it tries to be the Force Awakens of the Terminator Franchise, which leads to undermining established lore and characters to replace them with new (although very samey) characters and plot.

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

Toliman

QuoteTerminator: Dark Fate
6.5-7.5 / 10

I more or less agree what Eltusiyu wrote.

archaic

(no popcorn, not in 3D)

Some might describe it as a low budget, art-house movie with a minor cult following.   

;)  ;D