last tv program you saw/currently watching

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, September 03, 2011, 03:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kekerusey

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on October 03, 2012, 03:38:35 PMAnd I really, so much want the series back, very much

This is what Wikipedia says about "Terra Nova's" reception:

Critical reception
Early reviews indicated much promise in the series. In June 2011, Terra Nova was one of eight honorees in the Most Exciting New Series category at the Critics' Choice Television Awards, voted by journalists who had seen the pilots.[61] The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette compared it to Outcasts.[62] The Los Angeles Times wrote: "Easily the most exciting show of the fall season, Fox's Terra Nova has such obvious, instant and demographically diverse appeal."[63] The New York Post called it "Good family fun",[64] while USA Today wrote, "What matters are the dinosaurs, who – particularly in the first hour – are as convincing and startling as TV has ever offered, roaming a gorgeous, CGI-enhanced terrain."[65] The Wall Street Journal wrote: "Terra Nova leaves ye olde cheap-set series in the dust with production values that make each episode look cinematic."[66] The Washington Post wrote, "Literally the biggest thing on TV this fall, Terra Nova has it all: time travel, misguided utopianism, "Swiss Family Robinson"-style cohesion and lots of hungry dinosaurs. It's all pretty dazzling."[67]

However, mid-season reviews were highly critical. The show was called "Stargate Universe by Dr. Seuss" by Mark A. Perigard of the Boston Herald.[68] Sam Wollaston of the Guardian observed that there was only one interesting character and that "A lot of the fault lies with what they have to say to each other. The script is as corny and cheesy as a family-sized portion of cheesy corn nachos."[69] New York Magazine reviewer Chadwick Matlin vowed never to watch the show again, saying "Sure, the premise had promise, but even masochists like us can only take so much."[70] But by the finale in December things had turned around again where critics were mostly pleased and enthusiastic.[71][72][73] Entertainment Weekly called the season finale "exciting."[74] The series' first season received an aggregated score of 64% across 28 reviews from Metacritic.[75]

I think I pretty much agree (except about the finale since I never got there) as I ran out of steam about half-way through so I'm afraid I don't want it back and the money it would have cost to make season 2 will hopefully be put to something much better.

But talking of cheesy (and yes it is) I've started in on "Vampire Diaries" season 3 ... a series, it seems, straight out of the "Twiglet" (sorry "Twilight") mold i.e. a vampire chick-flick. Though I haven't seen the two latest "Twiglet" films ("Breaking Wind" parts 1 and 2) although the two seem similar there's a fair bit more action and blood in "Vampire Diaries" which naturally I approve of but I suspect I mostly watch it because it's relatively easy watching and has some funny but corny lines. Curiously it fits the mold of many US TV series in which they seem to have an entire community without fat or ugly people ... suits me :)

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Have now started on the episode 7 of Terra Nova, "Proof"
This is when Ken Horton arrives at Terra Nova. What you probably now, he is not the real Ken Horton

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Kekerusey on October 03, 2012, 02:23:21 PM
Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on October 03, 2012, 12:45:33 PMEpisode 3 has dinosaurs, if you saw the beginning of Episode 3, that dinosaur who ate up that man that has lost his mind, and forgot where he was.

It's a program about traveling back to and forming a community in a kind of Jurassic Park of the past the big draw of which is (work with me here) ... it begins with "d"! Just trust me on this man, given the scenario there aren't anywhere near enough dinosaurs and it's bitterly disappointing.

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on October 03, 2012, 12:45:33 PMBut I gotta say, there were too many dinosaurs in the season.

Say wha?

Keke

Well, it was not me who said there were too many dinosaurs, I don't complaining on it

Kekerusey

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on October 04, 2012, 11:07:38 AMWell, it was not me who said there were too many dinosaurs, I don't complaining on it

Yeah it was ... second post from the top of this page mate :)

Keke

Emtokay

Just finished season 1 of The Walking Dead. Should be getting season 2 soon.
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Takmeyalan te Tsu'erak 'Ewfwefpìkxap'itan

Pure white would be disturbing. :)
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.

Kekerusey

Just finished "The Vampire Diaries" Season 3.

Txantsan ... txampxì Txantsan ;D

Keke

moonbeam

I'm watching the first episode of "Mockingbird Lane". It's a little bit darker the other Munsters shows but it's okay so far.

Click the dragons to give them love!

Kekerusey

True Blood (just watched episode 7) is so brilliant!!!

Keke

Kekerusey

Been watching "Continuum" (just watched ep 4)  ... I'm not going to go as far as saying it's really good (nowhere near in the class of "True Blood" or "Dexter") but I'm intrigued enough to keep watching.

I'm also continuing to watch "Vampire Diaries" now on Season 4. I'm recording "Elementary" and I still have "Falling Skies" and quite a few "Nikita's" (both S2) to watch ... ah, happy days ;D

Keke

'Itan Atxur

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 8

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Niri Te

Ateyo and I saw both "In search of Noah's Ark", and then "The Dead Sea Scrolls" back on the National Geographic Channel two days ago when were in a Motel in El Paso for the night.
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

The Big Bang Theory
latest season, Season 6

Stranger Come Knocking

Currently watching Criminal Minds.  Not a huge fan of crime shows (with exception to Law & Order) but this one's all right. :-\
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Kekerusey

"Arrow" episode 7 ... it's really good fun :)

Keke

Takmeyalan te Tsu'erak 'Ewfwefpìkxap'itan

The Joy of Painting. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Favorite thing ever: Bob Ross.
Pure white would be disturbing. :)
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.

Niri Te

Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Emtokay

If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng