New movie fashion - 3D

Started by TorukMakto!, February 14, 2010, 12:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TorukMakto!

I just read an article in my native language about the movies that are expected to come out as 3D, for instance: Clash of the Titans (Sam Worthington is there), Spiderman (with new producer, cast, crew etc), and more. Some movies that started to film regularly, will also be changed into a 3D format. It was mentioned that even old movies are going to be remade in 3D (We already heard about Lucas's vision of perhaps remaking SW), such as Jaws and yes, Titanic.
3D was used prior to Avatar's appearance but it seems that there is more interest in 3D since Avatar has been on the screens.
Do you have any articles talked about such things in English or in your native language (those who English isn't their native one)? Except the one about SW.

What are your opinions about this?

tìngay mungeyu

I also read such articles in my native language (hungarian) nowadays. One of them says that since Avatar a 3D craze has started all over the world, more people want to see movies in 3D, even if these tickets are a bit more expensive than 2D tickets, and the Dreamworks Animation makes all the movies in 3D in 2010. We have a lot of 3D threaters in Hungary and we need more because more and more poeple are interested in this experience.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I think that without Avatar, SF would never start their 3D upgrade campaign. They're building one 3D Auditorium in each City (which have a SF theater).

This makes an Epic win for me, soon I will be able to see avatar in 3D without traveling 300km ;D

Frawkxe

I've heard there's gonna be a 3D version of the first part of the last Harry Potter movie too... But they haven't exactly filmed it especially for 3D, so I'm not sure the effect would be as awesome.

'Itan Atxur

Now that they're starting to use 3D as a form of immersion and not a gimmick, I'm all for it.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tsa'räni

3D was rapidly gaining popularity prior to Avatar, so I think attributing so much to Avatar is a bit of a reach.  Avatar's contribution is to introduce some new tech and show people what 3D done right looks like.  In other words, it has set the bar (very high) for what 3D can accomplish if you really commit to it, but the 3D craze was already well underway beforehand.

'Itan Atxur

What Avatar has done is put 3D smack dab in the center of the spotlight. Now now only do Avid Movie-goers know about 3D, but so do the people who don't go.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

TorukMakto!

Quote from: Tsa'räni on March 02, 2010, 11:25:05 PM
3D was rapidly gaining popularity prior to Avatar, so I think attributing so much to Avatar is a bit of a reach.  Avatar's contribution is to introduce some new tech and show people what 3D done right looks like.  In other words, it has set the bar (very high) for what 3D can accomplish if you really commit to it, but the 3D craze was already well underway beforehand.

Yes, read my opening post, it's basically the same idea.

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 03, 2010, 01:33:55 AM
What Avatar has done is put 3D smack dab in the center of the spotlight. Now now only do Avid Movie-goers know about 3D, but so do the people who don't go.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

:D well said.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

I heard/read about the new 3D tv's that are going to come out later this year. I think its awesome.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.