Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales[7 July 2017]

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, February 03, 2013, 09:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

So, there is coming a new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and it is coming in about 2 years.
Johnny Depp will return to star in the latest installment in Disney's blockbuster franchise
Making a number of major additions to its release calendar, Disney said Monday it will open the fifth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise on July 10, 2015. No director is attached, but Johnny Depp will return as Captain Jack Sparrow.
The move comes a week after word broke that Jeff Nathanson has come aboard to pen the script for Pirates 5.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pirates-caribbean-5-will-hit-412267

Tìtstewan

Yay! The 5th Pirates of the Caribbean is coming nice! :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Niri Te

I saw One, Two, and Three, and never bothered with Four, as soon as I learned that the two characters that the entire "love story" revolved around would NOT be in the fourth installment. I won't bother with five, either.
The SAME fate awaits Avatar 2, IF:

1) Quaritch, or Grace are in it, (they are D-E-A-D)
2) Eywa is made out to be a creation of some "foundation species" that also created the Na'vi
3) Eywa turns out to be some Super Computer

Ateyo and I will wait and talk to some of our friends who see it as soon as it opens, and if they report to us that any of the above three are true, than she and I will cherish the original, and not bother with the sequels.
Niri Tawa
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Stranger Come Knocking

1 was fantastic, returning pirates to a great center stage.

2 and 3 expanded this, though the love story was too Disney (but it was Disney, so what do you expect)?

4 was clearly for fun, a nice little side adventure featuring another great legend without any real sort of super-complex sub-plots.  Almost like a fan-fic was brought to life.

5...I dread.
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

2 film directors from Norway has been chosen to start the production of the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Those who are behind the movie Kon-Tiki, Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg are the directors.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/kon-tiki-helmer-joachim-ronning-and-espen-sandberg-land-pirates-of-the-caribbean-5/

As Deadline Hollywood predicted last month, the Kon-Tiki directing team of Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg have landed the job directing Pirates Of The Caribbean 5. Disney, Johnny Depp and producer Jerry Bruckheimer have all signed off on the choice, and negotiations are underway on a deal that will make quickly. The duo will come aboard to prep the massive movie for a late year or early January start.

The studio is getting the script ship-shape, and they are bullish after getting a rewrite from Jeff Nathanson. This is an enormous coup for the Norwegian directing team who just fell out of the Legendary Pictures film Spectral. I'd written recently about Disney's short list, and the fact these guys were atop it. Fredrik Bond, who helmed The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman, was also on the list as was Snow White And The Huntsman helmer Rupert Sanders.This is a game-changing job for a director or directing team, and it's a case of these guys getting hot at exactly the right time. All of the momentum for Rønning and Sandberg came from their remarkable Best Foreign Language Oscar-nominated film Kon-Tiki, a dramatization of Thor Heyerdal's epic 4,300-mile crossing of the Pacific on a balsa wood raft in 1947, in an effort prove it was possible for South Americans to settle in Polynesia in pre-Columbian times. They made a lot of movie with a little money and showed they knew how to shoot on the water. As for Disney, the studio made an unexpected choice for the last film, Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, with Rob Marshall, and that grossed over $1 billion. The directors are repped by UTA, which also reps Depp and Jeff Nathanson, so this is a pretty big piece of business for that agency. They are managed by Brillstein Entertainment Partners.

Tìtstewan

Very interesting! :D

I saw that movie Kon-Tiki.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 have got a title.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/pirates-of-the-caribbean-5-gets-a-title

Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp are raising the anchor and setting sail on another Pirates of the Caribbean adventure, this time with Kon Tiki directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg at the helm. And now, the filmmakers have reportedly revealed that the title of Pirates 5 will be Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.

The news comes from an interview This Is Infamous did with Rønning and Sandberg.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales will begin production early next year and is scheduled to hit theaters on July 15, 2015.

archaic

I will watch it, probably not at the theater, but wait for it to show on TV.
I don't have great hopes for this movie, however, you never know!

Quote from: Niri Te on February 03, 2013, 09:53:35 AM
The SAME fate awaits Avatar 2, IF:

1) Quaritch, or Grace are in it, (they are D-E-A-D)
. :'( .

Quote from: Niri Te on February 03, 2013, 09:53:35 AM
2) Eywa is made out to be a creation of some "foundation species" that also created the Na'vi
3) Eywa turns out to be some Super Computer

Unless it is awesomely well done, I'd hope to all goodness that these plot options are disregarded out of hand too.
That said, with very great care and skill they could potentially make the basis of a good 'fic.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 has been delayed. Not likely to be seen in the theaters in the summer of 2015. More likely around the time in 2016.
This is due to issues with the script, says producer Jerry Bruckheimer. But hopefully, Jerry Bruckheimer have got the Kon-Tiki directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sanberg on his team, so they will help to lower the cost of the film.

"Disney now hopes to keep the cost of the fifth Pirates movie under $200 million — a goal the studio is unlikely to meet. But bringing in Kon-Tiki directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, who made their film on the water for a price, should help keep costs down. Nonetheless, industry observers have anticipated a tough negotiation between Disney and Bruckheimer, given the size of the Lone Ranger write down."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pirates-caribbean-5-delayed-beyond-625570

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Another delay for the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie. The release day is now official. The premiere date has been set to July 7 in 2017. So no premiere in 2015 or 2016.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pirates-caribbean-5-set-summer-720582?utm_expid=19303748-91.59ndjqkBRqKDTQHiW_fm_w.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hollywoodreporter.com%2Fmovies%2Fnews%3Flatest_news%3D2

The Disney tentpole will open six years after the last installment in the blockbuster franchise played at the multiplex.
Pirates of Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales -- set to return Johnny Depp to the Capt. Jack Sparrow role -- finally has a release date: July 7, 2017.
The fifth installment in Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean franchise was to have been released in summer 2015, but was delayed in order to work on the script.
Disney and producer Jerry Bruckheimer hired Kon-Tiki directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg to direct Pirates 5.
The last Pirates movie, 2011's On Stranger Tides, grossed $1.04 billion. All told, the franchise has racked up north of $3.7 billion in ticket sales.
So far, Pirates 5 has the July 7-July 9 weekend to itself.