PREDATORS (2010)

Started by Txur’Itan, July 09, 2010, 01:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Ftiafpi

Gonna see it tonight, it sounds like a great B-movie akin to the original.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

what's really interesting is that the majority of RT reviews give a 2.5/4, which is decent, but they vary on whether they thought it was good or bad.

Personally I liked it when I saw it, it did it's job as a B movie, it wasn't made to be a huge blockbuster. Sometimes that's just what people want to see. It's really the kind of movie where you're going to either like it or hate it, there really is no in between. Probably my favorite character of the movie was Noland, definately a badass. I was a little disappointed that Arnold and Danny didn't make any appearances though. Although my disappointment got canceled out by the joy of them not having Chris Hansen in it XD
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Sіr. Ηaxalot

What is this I haven't even heard of it :o
It's has a decent score at IMDB though.

Now I wan't to see it :(

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Sequel to predator and predator 2. I suggest seeing it, its pretty good.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Ftiafpi

Just saw it, was a good B-movie, the characters are very well thought out and the acting is very good. If you hated Predator, don't see this, if you liked Predator, see this.

Emtokay

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on July 09, 2010, 05:58:28 PM

reading the story about it on interwebz, this story is suppose to happen between 1 and 2 so it's really another sequel to the first movie
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Emtokay on July 10, 2010, 01:23:58 AM
Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on July 09, 2010, 05:58:28 PM

reading the story about it on interwebz, this story is suppose to happen between 1 and 2 so it's really another sequel to the first movie

The second movie acknowledges the first, and so does this one.  So they are sequels, just not necessarily in chronological order.
私は太った男だ。

Emtokay

I saw it tonight. It was way better then what I thought, the intro for the Yaujtas was great as well.

Txantslusam Skxawng

I thought exactly the opposite M2K! But when I see a trailer and I think 'Wow, that looks like an awesome movie!' , I see the movie and I think 'From seeing the trailer, I expected more.'

But also in the trailer, at some point Adrien Brody ( Royce in the movie ) gets like over 10 triangle red dots on him, but in the movie, he only had one triangle red dots on him, from one Predator.

And M2K, that AA-12 sounded kinda strange, like a piano and I didn't think it had a silencer on it, what would you need with a silencer on a planet like that.

And would they replace Arnold with Lawrence Fishburn they can use that image crap with PC, they did it in T4 and The Expendables, so why not in Predators, its not like he is the whole movie in their, just about idk, 20 minutes or so?

But when I reading an Dutch review of the movie, it started like this.

''An American, Russian and a Mexican are standing in a forest..... No this is not a joke, its the beginning of Predators.''
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Emtokay

Arnie was in the Expendables, that wasn't a computer drawn image for T4 it appears, that they took a phot of him, then rendered it to 3D, then stuck it in the movier for 10sec to be blown up

Unilmokri

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on August 13, 2010, 12:30:28 PM
And M2K, that AA-12 sounded kinda strange, like a piano and I didn't think it had a silencer on it, what would you need with a silencer on a planet like that.
The point of a silencer is infact not to completely silence the shot, but just to remove the claning KAPOW! that follows and reverberates around a given area :)
Silencers on shotguns are just to prevent the explosive outgassing from bursting eardrums - and while I can't speak for certain, I have an idea that an AA-12 sounds a lot more like the one fielded by Terry Crews (Hale Caesar) in The Expendables :D Now if that ain't attention-drawing, I don't know what is ^^

And would they replace Arnold with Lawrence Fishburn they can use that image crap with PC, they did it in T4 and The Expendables, so why not in Predators, its not like he is the whole movie in their, just about idk, 20 minutes or so?
1) They didn't replace Arnie. Arnie had allready had his run in with the Predators, they explain it in the Predators movie. A "Major Dutch" survives and lives to give a detailed description of a creature not unlike the predators.
2) You have any idea how time-consuming, not to mention expensive, it would be to have an animation crew model and animate a CGI character and put it into a movie like this? (Hint: Time consumption= loads! Expenses= substantial!) :P Besides, Arnie would be stealing the limelight from the actual purpose and story of the movie.
Everyone would be going "Oh wow, he's gonna kick all their asses again! Go Heman!"  :D
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.       - John Stuart Mill

Emtokay

Quote from: Unilmokri on August 21, 2010, 11:49:34 PM
The point of a silencer is infact not to completely silence the shot, but just to remove the claning KAPOW! that follows and reverberates around a given area :)
Silencers on shotguns are just to prevent the explosive outgassing from bursting eardrums - and while I can't speak for certain, I have an idea that an AA-12 sounds a lot more like the one fielded by Terry Crews (Hale Caesar) in The Expendables :D Now if that ain't attention-drawing, I don't know what is

The shotgun that's used in Predators is the USAS-12, similar in design to the AA-12,
AA-12 is less ummm.. *bulky* looking then then USAS-12

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh16-e.htm
http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh29-e.htm