Spartacus: I Am So Looking Forward To This!

Started by Kekerusey, May 17, 2010, 12:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kekerusey

Trailer:
Spartacus: Blood and Sand - Official HD Trailer

The Women:
Spartacus: Blood and Sand - The Women

What is it with Aussie actors dominating our film and TV these days? Whatever, it looks blinding :)

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Lance R. Casey

A heads-up for those who have not seen it already: Andy Whitfield, the actor portraying Spartacus, has died of cancer.

// Lance R. Casey

'Itan Atxur

That's really sad. He was a great actor :(

Liam McIntyre will take over his role.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Kamean

Quote from: Lance R. Casey on September 13, 2011, 12:17:04 PM
A heads-up for those who have not seen it already: Andy Whitfield, the actor portraying Spartacus, has died of cancer.
Ne Nawma Sa'nokìl sivalew ngeyä tìrea... :(
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Kaltxì, ma frapo  :)! I'd like to add my opinion on Spartacus:

I watched Spartacus: Blood And Sand in fall 2010, in a censored version, with much of the harsh language, sexual and graphic content removed or reduced. I thought it was quite good and interesting in general. That winter the ``mini-season´´ Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena premiered on Swedish television and i was motivated to see it. I watched the first episode and was very put off by the extensive use of words like ``c***´´, ``cock´´ and ``f**k´´ (Which i thought was very inappropriate for a TV show taking place in ancient Rome, where i believe such swears didn't exist.), sex scenes and gore, and thus, i didn't continue watching the rest of the season. When Spartacus: Vengeance premiered on Swedish television last winter, i decided to watch the first episode for some reason (Maybe because i was bored and didn't have anything else to do.) and, yes, the harsh language, the sex and the gore was there, but at that point i had gotten used to it being in the series. I now saw the swears as plausible in ancient Rome, considering there was no church around to tell you to stop swearing unless you wanted to go to hell  ;D, the sex scenes as a demonstration of the Romans' general sexual promiscuity and (sometimes) decadence and sometimes for mere erotic effect intended to invoke emotion, and the gore as an artistic representation of the general brutality of life in ancient Rome. I thought Spartacus: Vengeance was quite good, too, although i missed Andy Whitfield as Spartacus. I thought Liam McIntyre was pretty good, too, but he lacked that little extra that Andy had. Overall, i can't decide which season i thought was better; Blood And Sand or Vengeance. IMO, Blood And Sand had a more intriguing Spartacus in the form of Andy Whitfield, while Vengeance had a more interesting and exciting plot. And i still haven't watched Gods Of The Arena yet (Wish i think is a real shame.)!

That's all i have to say. Feel free to share your thoughts on this  :).
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

By the way; Did any of you guys know that the guy that plays Doctore/Oenomaus in Spartacus is the guys who portrays the Olo'eyktan of the Pa'li clan of the planes? His name is Peter Mensah:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Mensah

Just a little FYI  ;).
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D