STAR TREK, my newest obsession

Started by Rain, July 27, 2010, 11:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

Q almost didn't happen. Gene wanted the pilot episode to be normal length but the studio  told him to do a double

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Nyx

I'm all for letting the creators decide, but in this case I'm glad because Q did happen ^^

'Itan Atxur

Couldn't agree more. Q is right up there with Data and company. I spotted the actor in "The Hand that Rocks the Cradle". He's the doctor.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Gonna watch it now on Film1, at 01.25 in the morning
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Nyx

"The Hand that Rocks the Cradle" is great :D

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on August 03, 2010, 06:16:08 PM
Gonna watch it now on Film1, at 01.25 in the morning
Good idea :P

Txantslusam Skxawng

Its just ended and I agree that the last part was a bit overkill
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

'Itan Atxur

You know, I loved tha movie the first time I saw it. It lost a LOT of luster the second time, but I still like it.

Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato)

Sweet! a Star Trek Post! :D I am a noob at star trek still  >:( ...but recently got Star Trek Vulcan's Heart :D can someone tell me where I could start with the star trek books? I dont want to get it all messed up but want to get more into it  :o :D

Ekirä

I've been reading Vonda Mcintyre's books which are all written about the movie series. I've read The Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock and The Voyage Home. They're all quite good, in my opinion. Basically, Vonda just wrote the same thing as what happened in the movies but added more scenes to it.

Rain

Yes, yes, tell me more about the books!
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Ekirä

Well, what I really, really like about the ones I have read is McIntyre basically keeps everything that happened in the movie. But of course it would be too short of a book if he (she?) only wrote what happened in the movie, so it's embellished with other scenes and you learn a lot more about the characters.

For instance, in Search for Spock, Saavik is in a pretty close relationship with David, which makes his death more dramatic. She is much more of a main character in the book than she is in the movie, you get more of a feel for her. I actually read the book before I watched the movie, and was pretty surprised at how short the movie seemed because it felt like it was missing so much!

What I also thought was interesting is in The Voyage Home, McIntyre talked about the probe's intentions almost from it's point of view. I've always liked the mysticism around the probe so I'm not completely sold on McIntyre's idea, but he did think up an interesting scenario.

I was quite wary of reading the books because I was worried it would ruin how I saw the characters, but I think they're pretty well done.

Quote from: Ekirä on August 04, 2010, 02:49:25 PM
I've been reading Vonda Mcintyre's books which are all written about the movie series. I've read The Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock and The Voyage Home. They're all quite good, in my opinion. Basically, Vonda just wrote the same thing as what happened in the movies but added more scenes to it.

I will get them from the library now  ;D

Ekirä

There's a great 3-in-1 that has all the ones I talked about in one book. It's called Duty, Honor, Redemption. Stupid title in my opinion, but hey, I'm not judging a book by it's title. ;)

:OOOO I saw redemption at my library but bought Vulcan's heart instead hrh I will still get them!! :D

Rain

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD STAR TREK SEQUEL 2012 OH MY GOD
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1408101/

Okay, I'm better now. I just had one of my little Rain's Classic FreakoutTM episodes.

Yaaaaaay!!! I get to see Zachary Quinto again! And maybe Spock Prime?? Oh wow I hope so...

Wou, Avatar sequels AND Star Trek sequels?? There IS an Eywa! And she loves me!
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Lance R. Casey

Quote from: Ekirä on July 28, 2010, 08:32:24 PMI'm really surprised that there aren't more posts here yet! We can't be the ONLY LearnNa'vi/Star Trek fans, right?  ???

No. :D

// Lance R. Casey

Payä Tìrol

On a completely unrelated note, I recently watched ST/TNG: First Contact. I'm confused as to why they didn't just start replicating 20th century firearms. Considering the scene where Picard kills a couple of drones with a holographic tommy gun, you'd think something like a m16 would be more useful than a phaser rifle that turns into a melee weapon after 4 shots.

Back on topic: I still need to go watch the recent ST movie.
Oeyä atanìl mì sìvawm, mipa tìreyä tìsìlpeyur yat terìng

'Itan Atxur

The new star trek movie is hit and miss (mostly hit IMO) for true Trekkies. Also, it felt a tad rushed and "actiony".

Can't wait to see where the movies go. New TV series anyone?

Oh, and Uhuras (did I spell that right) new name is officially Neytiri and any other character Zoe ever plays will be known as "Neytiri". Sorry Uhura, as awesome as you are, you don't hold a candle to Neytiri.

Tsa'räni

Quote from: Payä Tìrol on August 10, 2010, 07:39:26 PM
On a completely unrelated note, I recently watched ST/TNG: First Contact. I'm confused as to why they didn't just start replicating 20th century firearms. Considering the scene where Picard kills a couple of drones with a holographic tommy gun, you'd think something like a m16 would be more useful than a phaser rifle that turns into a melee weapon after 4 shots.

Yeah, the problem is you're attempting to apply logic to a TNG movie.  You shouldn't, as they are fundamentally incompatible.

'Itan Atxur

I do not like the Star Trek movies. Some of the originals are OKAY (including the new original). The problem with movies based on a tv series is that they feel they need to up the anty. So it's almost always a "end of the universe" story.