Main Menu

Stargate

Started by Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan), April 07, 2010, 09:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

well, I know that we all like stargate, but I would like to hear your guys' thoughts on atlantis and Universe.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Tsa'räni

Well, first about SG-1.  While I didn't think the show was as good once O'Neill left as a main character, it was still good.  And that's impressive, because he was a big loss to replace.  It brings to mind how well MASH did at replacing cast members.

Anyway, I enjoyed Atlantis, but never got into it quite as much as SG-1.  McKay was always straying a little too frequently into the "too annoying to tolerate" zone.  Still it was well worth watching.  I was disappointed in Tapping deciding to stick with the new studio and show over a main role in Atlantis.  I understand her reasons for doing it, but damn, that new show is horrible.  And Woolsey taking over was pretty bad, too.

The jury is still out on Universe, at least for me.  It's got potential, but they need to be careful not to stray too far into the bogged down, melodramatic crap style that was the new BSG. Sorry, I know a lot of people like that show, but it was trash.  If Universe can find its stride and walk the line between SG-1/Atlantis and BSG, then it'll end up being a good show.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

yea, SG-1 wasn't the same after O'neill,  Still kicked butt though.

I loved the wraith, but I hated like season 3 when they moved to much away fromt he wraith.  I love the wraith as an Enemy, they are awesome IMO.

I like what i've seen from Stargate Universe.  I'm glad that its not just offworld trips that only really puts the team in danger.  I liek the fact that they are having to figure out how to survive.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Txur’Itan

I saw the original Movie in the theater.

I loved it.

Watched nearly every episode of SG-1.

I saw a large portion of Atlantis, but essentially missed the last season.

I have seen two episodes of Universe on Hulu.

I think that for the most part, I have spent 90% of my adult life in front of a TV... I think I am trying to kick the habit.  I have been without a TV for two years, and I think the cold shakes are finally over.

But if I were to watch TV more, I would tune into universe, if it is still on by then.
私は太った男だ。

Eana Tanhì

I only watched Universe, and it's great for now, I just don't like Chloe b/c she always cry or have a big dramatic moments... but the rest is great, and I like that they have to figure out how to survive too  ;D
should I watch atlantis and sg-1 too?

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Eana Tanhì on April 08, 2010, 03:30:27 AM
I only watched Universe, and it's great for now, I just don't like Chloe b/c she always cry or have a big dramatic moments... but the rest is great, and I like that they have to figure out how to survive too  ;D
should I watch atlantis and sg-1 too?

That is up to you.

SG-1 ran for 13 years, lots of Episodes to see.
私は太った男だ。

Eana Tanhì

QuoteThat is up to you.

i don't mind that... i'm just asking you is it worth seeing all that episodes?

TesterScot

Quote from: Eana Tanhì on April 08, 2010, 11:34:04 AM
QuoteThat is up to you.

Yes.
Okay, some of the episodes are better than others... but you're going to get that with any series that runs for so many years.  :D

Irayoru 'Awve Tìkameie for the profile pic. Go to http://www.mpandoraln.weebly.com to see his ongoing work.
Brand New Learner - please correct my usage 8-)

Eana Tanhì

ok, than it's better to start watching  :D see ya in about 3 months after I see all seasons  ;)  ;D
jk, i could never leave this site for longer than a day, I'll just watch it when I have time

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

SG-1 and Atlantis are some of my favorite series on television. I too think that Universe holds lots of potential especially now that things seem to really start moving now with the most recent episode.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

zakovirka

Stargate SG-1 is the best part of series i think,Atlantis and Universe are good also but they don`t have something specified as in SG-1
But original movie opened my eyes on this superb world of this series(cos i was too young when it showed in cinema :P)

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

when it comes to SG-1 (its my favorite series) seasons 5-8 are the best IMO.  however, to understand the univers that is stargate, you really need to watch the start.  The original movie isn't necessary to see, but its good to watch.  However, the movie that came after the original is somewhat necessary to see since it opens up the characters.

Tsa'räni

Quote from: Eana Tanhì on April 08, 2010, 11:34:04 AM
QuoteThat is up to you.

Just keep in mind Universe's style is pretty different than SG-1 or Atlantis.  As long as you're not expecting the same style of show, I think you'll be pleased.

One of my favorite eps from SG-1 happens early, where O'Neill and Teal'c get stuck in the repeating time loop.  So many great lines and ideas in that ep.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

longest golf drive in the galaxy ftw
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

TesterScot

Irayoru 'Awve Tìkameie for the profile pic. Go to http://www.mpandoraln.weebly.com to see his ongoing work.

Emtokay

i got confused with SG-1 where Daniel Jackson died, the a season or two later hes back again
Atlantis and Universe have one thing missing Teal'c
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

MrGoodbytes

Ronon Dex is the Atlantis version of Teal'c

TesterScot

Quote from: MrGoodbytes on April 12, 2010, 08:48:52 AM
Ronon Dex is the Atlantis version of Teal'c

With a lot more hair!  ;D

MrGoodbytes

And a cooler gun lol

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Ronin Dex FTW!

I like both of them, they are unique and kickass in their own ways.