Marvel Cinematic Universe (Avengers et al. 2012 - 2019)

Started by Txur’Itan, May 11, 2011, 02:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on April 13, 2015, 01:36:49 PM
Something is puzzling me that here in Norway, the release date of Avengers: AoU is 22nd of April. USA has the premiere on 1st of May.

Bigger market, stronger focus on early release for those customers.

私は太った男だ。

uniltiranyu aean

*MARVEL FAAAN*
oh gosh can' wait for captian america!! I love him soo much!
I watched also Agent Carter and of course agent of shield but AoS i should watch on...there was a time where they filmed again...so break for me.
Buuut Marvel's Daredevil, the trailer is awesome can't wait to watch it :D
You can write me in Italian, French, German and of course in English.

Eywa ngahu

Txur’Itan

Quote from: uniltiranyu aean on April 17, 2015, 12:17:33 PM
*MARVEL FAAAN*
oh gosh can' wait for captian america!! I love him soo much!
I watched also Agent Carter and of course agent of shield but AoS i should watch on...there was a time where they filmed again...so break for me.
Buuut Marvel's Daredevil, the trailer is awesome can't wait to watch it :D

Daredevil has me hooked, I binge-watched the 1st season on Netflix, oh man, what a show.

In Other news, new Ant-Man trailer.

Marvel's Ant-Man - Trailer 1
私は太った男だ。

uniltiranyu aean

Jup i watched the first 3 episodes. Damn. Really good

Eywa ngahu

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on April 22, 2015, 05:33:04 PM
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is getting more excited. The next episode next week will have a link with Avengers Age of Ultron
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/04/20/agents-of-shield-avengers-age-of-ultron-crossover/26079675/

I have enjoyed the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D show since the beginning, I hope that it lasts all the way through the Infinity War at least.
私は太った男だ。

uniltiranyu aean

Eywa ngahu

Txur’Itan

Avengers: Age of Ultron interviews - Downey Jr, Hemsworth, Evans, Spader, Ruffalo, Johansson, Renner

----------------------

ARTICLE: Why Joss Whedon Is Done Directing 'Avengers' Movies For Marvel

-------------------

Joss Whedon on Life After Marvel and Avengers: Age of Ultron

It's hard to believe that it's been three years since Marvel's Avengers opened in theaters, breaking box office records and forever changing the way Hollywood plans and builds blockbuster film franchises. Its highly anticipated sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron, is now beginning to open in theaters in international markets where moviegoers can finally see what writer and director Joss Whedon has put together as his farewell to Marvel Studios.

And it's important to note that this is what this is. Joss Whedon is done and it's been a long time coming. After he finishes his press tour for Age of Ultron, he's no longer the guy in charge of The Avengers and he's no longer going to be an overseer for the direction of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

With Joss Whedon in particular, I like his approach to character driven stories that balance every character evenly. I do not doubt the people taking over can do the same, I just have not seen as much of it beyond the Winter Soldier, so we shall see how they handle what is to come from Phase 3.

私は太った男だ。

Txur’Itan

The Agents of SHIELD season 2 is officially a prequel to the Inhumans and Avengers 2!  That last episode, a real payoff for everything that happened up to that point.

私は太った男だ。

Txur’Itan

CNET released this awesome viewing time line that orders the MCU in chronological order.

MCU Timeline

私は太った男だ。

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Marvel's Agent Carter get's renewed for a new season. A 3rd season for AoS and 2nd season for Agent Carter. AoS will take place after the events of Avengers: AoU.
http://comicbook.com/2015/05/08/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-officially-renewed-for-season-3/

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/08/marvels-agent-carter-what-we-hope-see-season-two

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on May 08, 2015, 02:12:41 PM
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Marvel's Agent Carter get's renewed for a new season. A 3rd season for AoS and 2nd season for Agent Carter. AoS will take place after the events of Avengers: AoU.
http://comicbook.com/2015/05/08/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-officially-renewed-for-season-3/

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/08/marvels-agent-carter-what-we-hope-see-season-two

I am so stoked, these shows are feeding my MCU addiction.

Here are additional articles.

Agent Carter

Agent Carter & Agents of SHIELD

Daredevil season 2

More Netflix MCU shows!

私は太った男だ。

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on May 15, 2015, 09:52:44 AM
What you all think about that Asa Butterfield is gonna be the next Spider-Man? I think it is great.
http://comicbook.com/2015/05/14/asa-butterfield-reportedly-cast-as-spider-man/

I hope Asa surprises me, but I have my doubts about him, in particular him in the role of Peter Parker more than Spider-Man.

The new Spider-Man flick comes together in 2017 after Civil War, Doctor Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. So, maybe we will know more about what is happening with the character by then, with references, cameos, or after credits scenes.

My gut reaction is that things are a bit of a well intentioned mess with how Spider-Man was handled being integrated with the MCU.

I think it would have been better for the franchise, and for the continuity arch involved, to incorporate the last Spider-Man character. With clever writing, the timelines could turn out to place the Spider-Man stories as before the first Avengers movie. The last two flicks were decent, and audiences were getting attached to Andrew Garfield in that role. Alas, that continuity is dead along with its predecessor.

Out side of that, I remember Asa's performances from several of his previous movies.

As an actor, I repeatedly get the impression of Asa as inexperienced. He should not be such after so many flicks, but he still does give that impression. There comes a point where child actors need acting lessons, and in this case, I strongly think it needs to be before he plays Spider-Man. He is 18 now, so no more excuses, he needs training on how to emote. This is mostly because he comes across as quite drab and non versatile on an emotional spectrum in all of his roles.

Much of the strength of his films comes from being surrounded by master class actors. But, Spider-Man is a character that needs to have weight on his own.

Spider-Man is like Sisyphus in most of the character arcs about him, rolling his boulder uphill indefinitely as punishment for his selfishness early in his days as a novice hero. We need to believe in his internal struggles, his psychological pain, his redemption.

Since this is the second Sony pictures reboot, it has a great deal to overcome to gather audience interest yet again. People are going into this installment with frustration and disappointment already at the top of their list of reactions before he was cast. They ultimately should have taken the casting switch as an opportunity to cast a first Miles Morales Spider-Man instead of a third Peter Parker Spider-Man, but for some reason Hollywood has 0% confidence in that.

Asa would have to convey that emotional depth from the beginning, with audiences assuming Uncle Ben is already dead, accepting his attachments to Aunt May, understanding his motivation for stopping criminals. Newcomer audiences would be totally lost, but the last reboot was  not that long ago. It is still a great deal of disbelief to suspend even for a veteran actor who is adept at strong characterizations. I have my doubts about Asa's ability to pull it off.

It would take a masterful effort to bring that much into focus as a part of an Ensemble in the Civil War flick. I suspect his presence there will be exceedingly superficial if he shows up there at all. Spider-Man was supposed to be important to that story arc in the comics, but if him showing up never happened for the movie, I am unsure how they intend to portray the over arching conflict and its ultimate resolutions in a way that truly connects with everyone. Spider-Man was the most grounded superhero character in that story, and he is not on the cast list for the MCU film.

I know they want him involved in the Avengers Infinity War 1&2 movies. Which is the main reason for the arrangement, so we will probably see him in full swing there in 2018 no matter what happens with the Spider-Man reboot.
私は太った男だ。

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Jon Bernthal, who potrayed as Grady in Fury and Shane in The Walking Dead has got the role to be The Punisher. He will appear in the next season of Daredevil, as it has been announced that The Punisher will appear in it.
http://comicbook.com/2015/06/09/jon-bernthal-poses-with-punisher-comic-to-celebrate-daredevil-ca/

June 9, 2015: Jon Bernthal is The Punisher, Fillion in Halo 5, & More!

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

So what did Marvel do? They ditched Asa Butterfield to be the next Spider-Man instead chose another one. Marvel chose Tom Holland to be the next Spider-Man. Tom Holland was casting in previous movies such as The Impossible, How I Live Now, Locke and In the Heart of the Sea.
http://comicbook.com/2015/06/13/tom-holland-cast-as-spider-man/

Meet Marvel's Spider-Man: Tom Holland

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on June 24, 2015, 11:59:43 AM
So what did Marvel do? They ditched Asa Butterfield to be the next Spider-Man instead chose another one. Marvel chose Tom Holland to be the next Spider-Man. Tom Holland was casting in previous movies such as The Impossible, How I Live Now, Locke and In the Heart of the Sea.

I still think they should have stuck with the original casting if they planned to stick with Peter Parker. A better writer could have merged the two continuities. But, I guess we will see if his appearance in Captain America: Civil War (2016) makes the current Sony/MCU collaboration worth the change.
私は太った男だ。

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Txur'Itan on June 26, 2015, 02:19:29 PM
Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on June 24, 2015, 11:59:43 AM

I still think they should have stuck with the original casting if they planned to stick with Peter Parker. A better writer could have merged the two continuities. But, I guess we will see if his appearance in Captain America: Civil War (2016) makes the current Sony/MCU collaboration worth the change.

I saw Ant-Man (2015) It was hilarious, and fun. Stay past the end of the credits to get the next tease.
私は太った男だ。