Marvel Cinematic Universe (Avengers et al. 2012 - 2019)

Started by Txur’Itan, May 11, 2011, 02:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

This thread is the culmination of events from the movies for the Marvel Avengers Cinematic Universe. There are a few separate threads for specific movies, but it probably all can be discussed here. Below is a list of relevant links for movies or TV shows which are completed, released, upcoming, announced, or planned.

Movies Wiki
TV Wiki

PHASE 1:
Iron Man (2008) - IMDB.COM
Iron Man 2 (2010) - LN Forum Thread for Iron Man 2 and IM2 on IMDB
The Incredible Hulk (2008) - HULK on IMDB
THOR (2011) - LN Forum Thread for Thor and THOR on IMDB
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) - LN Forum Thread for Captain America and CAP on IMDB

Marvel's The Avengers (2012) - Avengers 1 on IMDB

PHASE 2:
Iron Man 3 (2013) - IM 3 on IMDB
Thor: The Dark World (2013) - THOR: TDW on IMDB
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) - CAP2 on IMDB
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - GotG on IMDB
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (TV SHOW S1 - 2014) - S.H.I.E.L.D. on IMDB *** S.H.I.E.L.D. on Wikipedia

Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1, 2015) - Avengers 2 on IMDB

PHASE 3:
Ant-Man (July 17, 2015) - Ant-Man on IMDB - Ant-man in comics
Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016) - Cap 3 on IMDB - Civil War source in comics
Doctor Strange (November 4, 2016) - Doc Strange on IMDB - Dr. Strange in comics
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (May 5, 2017) - GOTG 2 on IMDB
Thor: Ragnarok (July 28, 2017) - Thor 3 on IMDB - Origional mythology - Depiction in source comics
Black Panther (November 3, 2017) - BP on IMDB - Depiction in comics

Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 (May 4, 2018) - Ininity War Part 1 - IMDB Depiction in comics

Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 6, 2018) AM&W IMDB AM&W Wiki
Captain Marvel (March 8, 2019) - Cap Marvel IMDB - Comic Version of the character being used.

Untitled Avengers Movie ??? {WHY FOR KEEP SECRET!} Part 2 (May 3, 2019) Infinity War Part 2 - IMDB

**** ON TV/Streaming ****

(ABC TV SHOW) ABC wiki
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Season 1 - 5 On TV) AoS Wiki
Agent Carter (Season 1 - 2 canceled :( ) AC Wiki
Inhumans (September 1, 2017) - Inhumans IMDB Inhumans comics

(NETFLIX TV SHOW) Netflix Wiki
Daredevil (Season 1 - 2) DD Wiki
Jessica Jones (Season 1 - ) Jessica Jones Wiki
Luke Cage (Season 1 - ) Luke Cage Wiki
Iron Fist (Season 1 - ) Iron Fist Wiki
Punisher (Season 1 - ) Punisher Wiki
DEFENDERS (Season 1 - ) DEFENDERS Wiki

(HULU TV SHOW) Hulu Wiki
Runaways (Season 1 - ) Runaways Wiki

(FREEFORM TV SHOW) Freeform_(TV_channel) Wiki
Cloak & Dagger C&D Wiki

(??? TV SHOW)
New Warriors (TBD)
Damage Control (TBD)
Most Wanted (on hiatus / canceled)

私は太った男だ。

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Txantslusam Skxawng

Cool! Definitively going to see it, too bad I got to wait until 2012!
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Le'eylan

Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Txur’Itan

Watching a midnight showing this week in the U.S.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

It has been out in India and Australia.
私は太った男だ。

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Were on cinema 2 days ago, it was a pretty good movie

Of course saw it in 3D :)

Nyx

Saw it last night. Hilarious! It's the only one in this "series" that I'll end up buying on dvd. Okay, I haven't seen Captain America, but after what I saw of him in The Avengers, I don't think I want to :P Oh and I think Black Widow was very underpowered compared to the others, or maybe she just wasn't given enough space. Anyways, if you haven't seen it, do it!

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Nyx on May 03, 2012, 12:46:01 PM
Saw it last night. Hilarious! It's the only one in this "series" that I'll end up buying on dvd. Okay, I haven't seen Captain America, but after what I saw of him in The Avengers, I don't think I want to :P Oh and I think Black Widow was very underpowered compared to the others, or maybe she just wasn't given enough space. Anyways, if you haven't seen it, do it!

Some characters in the Marvel universe are just well trained and intelligent humans, like Tony Stark without his Iron Man suits.
私は太った男だ。

Txur’Itan

Wow that was a fun movie!

Joss Whedon really knows his Marvel Comics Heroes!
私は太った男だ。

Txantslusam Skxawng

I saw a few weeks back and I like the movie! Especially when Hulk smashed Loki around the room xD
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Takmeyalan te Tsu'erak 'Ewfwefpìkxap'itan

Pure white would be disturbing. :)
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on June 15, 2012, 01:36:02 PM
I saw a few weeks back and I like the movie! Especially when Hulk smashed Loki around the room xD

AHAH Yes, best part! ;D

I should really stop spending money on that movie. XD I saw it six times until now (in English, German and French) and have to restrain myself really hard not to go again. :D It's just SO good.. <3 Loki is my absolute favourite, oh my god.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on June 27, 2012, 03:01:54 PM
Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on June 15, 2012, 01:36:02 PM

AHAH Yes, best part! ;D

I should really stop spending money on that movie. XD I saw it six times until now (in English, German and French) and have to restrain myself really hard not to go again. :D It's just SO good.. <3 Loki is my absolute favourite, oh my god.

I saw it five times and had to stop there. I was enjoying it, but I needed to see other things, and do other things.

On an interesting note, I found someone who is easily disappointed. He actually said he liked the movie, but for some reason, he was not enjoying it enough to avoid being derisive and critical of things that were not really problems, just limitations of his exposure to the source material and the previous films. I would hazard to say, he actually did not like the movie...
私は太った男だ。

Lance R. Casey

// Lance R. Casey

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

The Avengers 2 is coming out in 2015, says the director:
http://screenrant.com/the-avengers-2-release-date-2015/

That's gonna be a while to wait for
We have waited for Avatar 2 for 2-3 years, and still we need to wait at least 3 or 4 years

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on August 09, 2012, 02:24:05 PM

That's gonna be a while to wait for
We have waited for Avatar 2 for 2-3 years, and still we need to wait at least 3 or 4 years

There are expected to be several movies between now and then that are going to be building up to it. Their stories are going to have some direction from Joss Whedon to tie into Avengers 2. Technically, these are all part of the same cinematic universe, so they are all Avengers movies.

Iron Man 3
Thor 2:The Dark World
Captain America 2:The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man (Unconfirmed)
私は太った男だ。

'Onatxan te Skxawng Tìrey'itan

i went with my friends. i told 'em we shoulda stayed til the end for a possible second post-credits scene. but we didn't, and missed them eating shawarma.  >:( :'(

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on August 09, 2012, 02:24:05 PM
awwwwww... i thought it was gonna be 2014. now i sad :(
Quote from: Txur'Itan on August 12, 2012, 05:58:15 PM
There are expected to be several movies between now and then that are going to be building up to it. Their stories are going to have some direction from Joss Whedon to tie into Avengers 2. Technically, these are all part of the same cinematic universe, so they are all Avengers movies.

Iron Man 3
Thor 2:The Dark World
Captain America 2:The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man (Unconfirmed)
technically it's called the Marvel Cinematic Universe. though i do just call them the avengers movies.
i really hope they make a second Incredible Hulk movie. I mean, the movie was practically irrelevant to the avengers (which angered me), but there's still that loose end of what happened to mr. blue (i forget his name  :-[) after the explosion in the first.

also, anyone hear of "Avengers Assembled: Phase 1"? 10-disc DVD set of the first 6 movies in the MCU in blu-ray and blu-ray 3D (when applicable), plus bonus collectors content. i'd be really excited for it, but i don't have a blu-ray player
Nga txo ke flä nìsngä'i, rä'ä kivä Eywa'evengne! ;)

Txur’Itan

The story so far.

Movies
I Enjoyed

I Enjoyed

I am stoked about Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier. This movie is where I think Cap will truly shine.

Guardians of the Galaxy looks like it will be nuts space opera. Here's hoping it is half as awesome as the comics.

Avengers 2 has its cast, but there probably won't be more clues until Guardians of the Galaxy is completed and close to release.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
As for the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Show. It is taking its time with these characters. I feel that it is far too early to praise or condemn the show, but I am optimistic that it will have a solid wow factor comparable to the escalation of peril from last episode. It is hard to take them seriously as heroes if things remain too easy without challenging the whole team.
私は太った男だ。

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。