The Hobbit (2012)

Started by Txur’Itan, April 14, 2011, 12:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Kamean on July 22, 2011, 02:28:27 PM
Ma Ftxavanga Txe'lan, come here. See post 620. ;)
Wou, irayo fìtxan fì'uteri, ma Kamean! :D

Kamean

This thread сontains many interesting and beautiful photos. ;) :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Kamean

Ftiafpi

HRH!

Not sure if someone posted this or whatever but the Hobbit is being shot in 3D (using RED cameras, sorry Cameron) but is also being shot in 48 frames per second!!! YAY!!!!! SO HAPPY!!! No more blurry 3D and less headaches. I'm so, so, so happy that this is happening. It's about time, too. You're only 30 years behind home video movie industry. :P

Kamean

Quote from: Ftiafpi on July 29, 2011, 04:49:14 PM
HRH!

Not sure if someone posted this or whatever but the Hobbit is being shot in 3D (using RED cameras, sorry Cameron) but is also being shot in 48 frames per second!!! YAY!!!!! SO HAPPY!!! No more blurry 3D and less headaches. I'm so, so, so happy that this is happening. It's about time, too. You're only 30 years behind home video movie industry. :P
48 fps! Txantsan! :D

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

HRHRHRH Such a cool "comic"! ;D Love it. :)

That 3D shooting is going to be some pure awesomeness, that's for sure! :o

Kamean

Сameron want shoot Avatar II & III at fantastic speed 100 or 120 shots per second. 50 - 60 per eye! :o :D
Avatar in 2D at 50 shots per second, I already looked. Seems cool! But only last theatrical version, no Collectors Cut. And in 720 no 1080.

archaic

That's going to mean some serious investment, especially in rendering and in theaters.

Kamean

Of course. Maybe it's because Cameron decided to wait until 2014.

Le'eylan

I found it interesting that they will be speaking Dwarvish, Khuzdul I think (?), in the movie :D

I better watch myself so I don't go learn it.
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Kamean

It's interesting, who is the author of Khuzdul and how it is full. :)

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Le'eylan on July 31, 2011, 10:55:00 AM
I found it interesting that they will be speaking Dwarvish, Khuzdul I think (?), in the movie :D

AHAH Oh my god, same for me! :P I'm already feeling an impulse to do that, but I must repeat to myself "You're already learning French, English, German, Na'vi and Quenya, do you really need to add some more to that?!" ;D It would be fascinating though, and I'm sure the release of the movies will make general interest towards Dwarves and Khuzdul expand. :)

Quote from: Kamean on July 31, 2011, 01:25:38 PM
It's interesting, who is the author of Khuzdul and how it is full. :)
Ma Kamean, was that a question? :) Well, Khuzdul was created by Tolkien also (just like all Middle-earth languages, for that matter). :D As far as I'm concerned it isn't very developed, unfortunately, particularly in terms of the corpus. :( You can learn more about it on this trustworthy source. :)

archaic

Quote from: Le'eylan on July 31, 2011, 10:55:00 AM

Nothing wrong with learning a conlang, so long as it doesn't interfere with your Na'vi.

Kamean

Irayo ma Ftxawanga Txe'lan. :)
I thought that on a few words of Tolkien did not go.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Kamean on July 31, 2011, 03:44:12 PM
Irayo ma Ftxawanga Txe'lan. :)
I thought that on a few words of Tolkien did not go.

No problem! :D Do you mean you thought the amount of words created by Tolkien wouldn't be enough so that the language could be used in the movie or something? For my part, I think they'll be able use Khuzdul without having to stretch the grammar and/or invent stuff too much - or, at least, I'm pretty sure they'll do everything they can to avoid that. Because they said in PJ's third videoblog that Khuzdul was mostly going to be used for battle cries and swearing in the movies (if I remember correctly); and if you look at the corpus given on the website I showed you, you'll see that some words could be used for that. We also already have entire sentences which will most probably be used completely, like:

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu! Axes of the Dwarves! The Dwarves are upon you!

:)

Kamean

Tslolam. And I know dwarfs war cry. :)

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Kamean on July 31, 2011, 04:12:59 PM
Tslolam. And I know dwarfs war cry. :)

:D :D It's so awesome! I can only imagine how epic it would sound/look on screen. :)

Kamean

Mllte ngahu. It would be great. :D