The Hobbit (2012)

Started by Txur’Itan, April 14, 2011, 12:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricardo

I just watched it, too.
I like it. No boreness in it, a really perfect movie by P. Jackson! Thank you, Sir!
Yes, HFR makes it more realistic. But during close-ups it seemed that not only the frame rate was doubled, it seemed the speed was doubled, too. But this impression became rare in the second part.

To the people who watched it more than one time in HFR 3D: Do you know that effect, too, and does it "disappear" after some times?

Plumps

Quote from: Ricardo on January 05, 2013, 02:23:25 PMTo the people who watched it more than one time in HFR 3D: Do you know that effect, too, and does it "disappear" after some times?

I had the same experience ... I also experience this when Blu-ray players scale up DVDs but not everybody experiences that, my sister for example. Don't know if this is has to do with an eye condition or the brain processing the frames.

At least in the movie the effect disappeared after an hour or so into the movie. Nevertheless, HFR was a rather streneous experience for me. The blurring of pictures during fast movements is also a protection mechanism of the brain not to get too much input. Somehow that is broken in HFR. After nearly 3 hours I was near a headache... Don't know if this development is a good thing and needs to be.  :-\

Zusupa Tanhì

Quote from: Kamean on January 03, 2013, 09:55:16 AM
I also prefer HFR because it makes picture much more realistic. :)

Even if the HFR was left out, I think the great acting and such would have made the movie wonderful :)
Stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent.
Always be discreet.
Do not compromise the Brotherhood.
~The Assassin's Creed

Kamean

Quote from: Zusupa Tanhì on January 06, 2013, 07:13:16 AM
Quote from: Kamean on January 03, 2013, 09:55:16 AM
I also prefer HFR because it makes picture much more realistic. :)

Even if the HFR was left out, I think the great acting and such would have made the movie wonderful :)
Mllte :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

moonbeam

I saw it a few days ago. I liked it a lot and it was a lot of fun.

Click the dragons to give them love!

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I saw it midnight opening night but have not had a chance to go back due to winter break but I will be going again Thursday and Saturday.

I loved it quite a bit.  I'd read The Hobbit about five years ago for school but didn't remember much so I've started reading it again.  I'v gotten about as far as the first film stops so I am excited to watch it again after reading that part.

Zusupa Tanhì

Quote from: Run'ai on January 08, 2013, 06:40:56 PMI'd read The Hobbit about five years ago for school but didn't remember much so I've started reading it again.

Same here, ma tsmukan. I think I still own the school-given copy of the Hobbit, but I might not. These days my bookshelves are sadly abandoned.

Always be discreet.
~The Assassin's Creed

Txantslusam Skxawng

I saw it last year :P In December...

The movie just felt real good, well because of all the music that you already know, the vibe, the LOTR world. Just everything.
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Zusupa Tanhì

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on January 16, 2013, 10:58:11 AM
I saw it last year :P In December...

The movie just felt real good, well because of all the music that you already know, the vibe, the LOTR world. Just everything.

I can't get over Bilbo!!!!! He's so cute :P :P :P I'm gonna rewatch LotR and be like, 'Frodo y u no like Bilbo????'
Always be discreet.
~The Assassin's Creed

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

moonbeam

Click the dragons to give them love!

Kamean

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

And here it is. The first trailer of the next Hobbit movie, The Desolation of Smaug

Amazing. So amazing :)

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug International Trailer (2013) - Lord of the Rings Movie HD

Ftiafpi

Tìtstewan

I can't wait to watch it. :D
...pey ko!

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Mesireatu

Kaltxì ma frapo!
Oel kameie ayngati! Was the film so good as the Lotr? For example, I missed Tom Bombadil in that. And, yes, I know it's impossible to include everything.. I got 'The Hobbit' (the book) when I was 12 for x-mas and liked it very much. I also got 'One flew over the cucu's nest' and that was also very good. Then I saw the movie, also very good. It was on Swedish movies for ten years non-stop, and that's still a reccord. At least, in Sweden. Eywa ayngahu! Kìyevame
Varför minns jag alla dåliga vitsar, men glömmer alla infix i Na'vi?? ???
Why do I remember all bad jokes, but forget all the infixes in Na'vi?? :-[

Jag älskar dig, Sara L!!
Nga yawne lu oer, Sara L!!

Blue Elf

Quote from: Il Sogno Viandante on June 12, 2013, 03:18:17 AM
Kaltxì ma frapo!
Oel kameie ayngati! Was the film so good as the Lotr? For example, I missed Tom Bombadil in that. And, yes, I know it's impossible to include everything.. I got 'The Hobbit' (the book) when I was 12 for x-mas and liked it very much. I also got 'One flew over the cucu's nest' and that was also very good. Then I saw the movie, also very good. It was on Swedish movies for ten years non-stop, and that's still a reccord. At least, in Sweden. Eywa ayngahu! Kìyevame
IMHO it is. I didn't found anything what is missing, or something what shouldn't be there. It's worth to see it.

Trailer is interesting, it has even Czech subtitles! It's something we can look forward to for the Christmas.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Kamean

Wow! Very promising trailer! :D :D :D

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Kamean