The Hobbit (2012)

Started by Txur’Itan, April 14, 2011, 12:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eana Ketuwong

I am so excited for the second movie! The first came out on my birthday last year, and this year it'll be out the day before. It's an excellent way to spend a birthday!
Tumbling hard until 3 AM on a Wednesday night

Kamean

Journey through Middle-earth, a Chrome Experiment

Google has prepared a great gift for all fans of Tolkien - interactive map of Middle-earth.
Very interesting and entertaining, the main thing to understand how to use it.
You can travel to Rivendell Forest trolls or Dol-Gunduru. Soon the map will open hall of Tranduil, the mountain and the lake city of Erebor Esgarot.
But there is one exception on the map: you can not get into the shelter of evil forces - Mordor. It seems to get in there and get out only by Frodo and Sam.

Enjoy your trip! :D :D :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Blue Elf

Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Clarke

I don't think I've posted this before, but I found it amusing.

(And I read his lines in his voice. ;D )

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Kamean

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Kamean

New locations available on interactive map of Middle-earth (see post 301). :D
I became an Esgarot's archer. Shoot down five targets using three :o arrows and burn the raft with the first shot. :D

Blue Elf

So, what are first feelings from the Hobbit part 2? I've not seen it yet (will do it during Christmas holiday), just read some reviews and seems that part 2 differs from the book. While part 1 was exact copy of the book (including dots at the ends of sentences :)), in part 2 there are characters not used in the book. Is this change good or not? I'd like to know this, but even negative reactions do not prevent me from seeing it.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 14, 2013, 01:01:13 PM
So, what are first feelings from the Hobbit part 2? I've not seen it yet (will do it during Christmas holiday), just read some reviews and seems that part 2 differs from the book. While part 1 was exact copy of the book (including dots at the ends of sentences :)), in part 2 there are characters not used in the book. Is this change good or not? I'd like to know this, but even negative reactions do not prevent me from seeing it.

I caught a double feature Hobbit 1 & 2 in XD, which was great for a fresh comparison. Then saw it again in 2D.

The color correction was vastly improved in TDOS. The story flowed better, it was more action packed, and had some funnier elements in it as well. Over all, I would say that it was much more entertaining than the first.

I would say 8/10 (H1) - 9/10 (H2).
私は太った男だ。

Blue Elf

that sounds well, thanks for the information

Eana Unil

Just watched it today in the cinema, and I'm torn... 8/10, because...

Kamean

I'll watch it tomorrow. :D

Rotobull cz

I'll go to the cinema to watch The Hobbit- The desolation of Smaug. I'm really looking forward to it. :D :)
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

Clarke

Awesome movie. Loved Smaug, the Master and Legolas' cameo.  :)

Rotobull cz

I saw the trailer and the Smaug has (or had :(  ) very cool voice. From the book he's my favourite character. After GANDALF and GOLLUM. :)
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

Kamean

The film is excellent! I liked everything - Tolkien events and additions from Jackson.
And Smaug is just gorgeous! :D :D :D

Rotobull cz

'Come now. Don't be ashamed. Step to the light." :) Whoooosh !!  :D
(From the trailer) this cool voice made me happy (I love cool evil characters).

Kamean

QuoteI love cool evil characters
I too. :)

Rotobull cz

I must to admit something. When I saw Avatar first time I most liked Quaritch. :-[ :-[
He was militaristic skxawng, so he liked the war on Pandora and he had good stamina.
Now I don't like him. >:(

But I really like GANDALF. (best character for me forever !) :)