The Hobbit (2012)

Started by Txur’Itan, April 14, 2011, 12:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Lance R. Casey on July 15, 2011, 12:07:15 PM
Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on July 15, 2011, 06:45:46 AM
Quote from: Lance R. Casey on July 15, 2011, 05:50:00 AM
Today's khazâd:

Does that mean Dwarf/Dwarves? It's what I can think of, from Khazad-dûm. :)

"Dwarves". It's the plural form of khuzd, which itself comes from the triconsonantal root (radicals) Kh-Z-D which carries the general notion of Dwarves and Dwarvishness. Khuzdul, the name of the Dwarven language, is constructed from the same radicals and is, evidently, an adjectival derivation ("Dwarvish"). The Semitic influence/basis is clear, and has also been explicitly confirmed by Tolkien.

Very interesting, thank you! :)
It seems like you can answer all of my linguistic interrogations related to Middle-earth, and you always have great explanations. :D

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Lance R. Casey

And here, completing the company, is Thorin Oakenshield:

For the accompanying description, as well as a gallery of all the other Dwarves, head here.

// Lance R. Casey

Kamean

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Awesome! :D Orcrist looks simply.. wonderful! :o And we now have all the pictures in HD, wow! I just couldn't be happier. :)

I can't decide what Dwarf look I like the best so far. :P I particularly like the clothing of Balin and Kili, but I find Fili and Bofur nice-looking, and Nori and Oin are epic. ;D Oh well! ;)

Kamean

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on July 17, 2011, 02:22:51 PM
Awesome! :D Orcrist looks simply.. wonderful! :o And we now have all the pictures in HD, wow! I just couldn't be happier. :)

I can't decide what Dwarf look I like the best so far. :P I particularly like the clothing of Balin and Kili, but I find Fili and Bofur nice-looking, and Nori and Oin are epic. ;D Oh well! ;)
Mllte ngahu nìwotx. :D

Lance R. Casey

So, did anyone else notice Bifur's... uh, battle memento? :o

// Lance R. Casey

Kamean

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

O_O

Also, I must say his weapon is quite impressive, too. :o

Plumps

Kamean

Plumps

"... who is that odd little fellow?" ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for keeping us up to date. They seem to have a lot of fun... makes me want to see the movie this year already. Can't believe we have to wait almost 1 1/2 year for this :(

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Plumps on July 21, 2011, 02:42:54 AM
"... who is that odd little fellow?" ;D ;D ;D

Just the awesomest surprise ever, like that at the end! hrh :D

Quote from: Plumps on July 21, 2011, 02:42:54 AMThanks for keeping us up to date. They seem to have a lot of fun... makes me want to see the movie this year already. Can't believe we have to wait almost 1 1/2 year for this :(

Yes, that's also precisely the feeling that I got from the video. :) It's so wonderful to have those great videos to watch in the meantime but, as you say, it just makes the yearning for the movie even worse at the same time. :P

Kamean

Lance R. Casey

...and here's the official composite of The Company:

// Lance R. Casey

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Oh my god, hadn't seen that! :o Thanks so much, ma Lance. :) We get to see a different shot of Thorin, yay! :D

Kamean

Ma Ftxavanga Txe'lan, come here. See post 620. ;)

Txur’Itan

Big anticipation on the Hobbit.

私は太った男だ。

Kamean