The Hobbit (2012)

Started by Txur’Itan, April 14, 2011, 12:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

There is only one other series besides Avatar that I am anxious waiting for its continuation. The Hobbit...

Hobbit 1: An Unexpected Journey
THE HOBBIT Trailer HD

Hobbit 2: The Desolation of Smaug
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Sneak Peek [HD]

Hobbit 3: The Battle of the Five Armies.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - Official Teaser Trailer [HD]
私は太った男だ。

Plumps

My God, I almost didn't recognise Peter Jackson... He lost so much weight :o
Looks promising. Looking forward to seeing it.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Plumps on April 14, 2011, 12:34:10 PM
Looks promising. Looking forward to seeing it.

Before he lost 200 lbs, I looked just like him.

Quote from: Ikranari on April 14, 2011, 12:17:18 PM
Quote from: Txur'Itan on April 14, 2011, 12:05:33 PM
There is only one other series besides Avatar that I am anxious waiting for its continuation.  You will have to see this on Facebook for now, since it was posted there.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150223186041807&oid=141884481557#w400-h224&comments
OMG can't wait until it's finished :D
I love the book and probably gonna love the movie  ;D

I like how he did the Extended version of LOTR.  I hope he does that with the HOBBIT, there is so much to that story.

It makes me wonder if he will do The Silmarillion after all.
私は太った男だ。

Kamean

Quote from: Plumps on April 14, 2011, 12:34:10 PM

And his glasses. ;)

I hope that the movie will be great. :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Oh my god, I was so excited when watching the video! ;D It's going to be totally out of mind, I can't wait! ;D

Also, there is a very nice weekly video series on YouTube made by TheOneRing.net, called "Hobbit in 5". It's really interesting and keeps up to date concerning the film news, information about characters and stuff. :) Here is the most recent episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJNYYWZRoSg#ws

Nyx

Awesome stuff. I've been waiting for this for so long. And thanks for the links ^^

Kamean

archaic

I hear Toothless was turned down for the part of Smaug. ;)
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Txur’Itan

These types of False trailers, some of them are pretty well done, and it is almost a game to see where they got all their clips from.  The better they do on them, the harder it is.

The first one was 90% Lord of the rings, and a clip of the preview clips from Harry Potter 7/8 to insert the dragon clip.  10% is my uncertainty of the LOTOR clips, but most of them were familiar, and the ones that weren't, were more because of overt effects layers and myriad jump-cuts that were, unfortunately, aggravating my headache.

The second one took clips from multiple sources to really confuse viewers like me, but I believe I saw Eragon, LOTOR, Dungeon Siege, The Golden Compas, and Season of the Witch in there.
私は太った男だ。

Kamean

Yes, first almost LotR.
But second - dragon confused me, because I don't see Eragon.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Thanks a lot for those two trailers, ma Kamean. :D

Yes, the first one is quite easy to figure out! I found it nicely edited and pretty great, although of course some dwarves were missing in there, especially when Bilbo sets on his journey at the beginning. ;) In the second trailer, I wasn't able to recognize anything non-LotR, which is cool because it looked fairly new to me. :) I found it overall super well done, it looks like a real trailer!

Txur’Itan

Quote from: archaic on April 18, 2011, 11:32:01 AM

I think that is because Toothless was too nice to play a villain, and he has been unfortunately typecast.

Quote from: Kamean on April 18, 2011, 02:22:58 PM
Yes, first almost LotR.
But second - dragon confused me, because I don't see Eragon.

I tend not to pay attention to critics and suffer through bad movies a ton, but it is worth the risk quite often, as panned movies, frequently turn out to be very entertaining for me.

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on April 18, 2011, 02:26:34 PM
Thanks a lot for those two trailers, ma Kamean. :D

Yes, the first one is quite easy to figure out! I found it nicely edited and pretty great, although of course some dwarves were missing in there, especially when Bilbo sets on his journey at the beginning. ;) In the second trailer, I wasn't able to recognize anything non-LotR, which is cool because it looked fairly new to me. :) I found it overall super well done, it looks like a real trailer!

It definitely has the qualities of an experienced editor.

私は太った男だ。

Seseni

Last I heard, Leonard Nimoy (Spock from Star Trek) was playing the voice of Smaug. I'll fully admit I had a fangirl attack when I heard that. I hope that it's true!

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Seseni on April 19, 2011, 08:01:47 PM

Last I heard, Leonard Nimoy (Spock from Star Trek) was playing the voice of Smaug. I'll fully admit I had a fangirl attack when I heard that. I hope that it's true!

Ultimately, I also hope Leonard is a solid pick soon.

Leonard Simon Nimoy is definitely a favorite when it comes to Gravitas in voice acting, it is a brilliant choice if it turns out to be true.  For the moment at least, Smaug (rumored).

The dragon will be there, and it will be cast.

However, Leonard might back out at the last minute, or he could pass-away before production completes.  Either event occurring would be tragic, as this could be an award winning performance.  He is an aging actor, and there is much at risk for banking two films on an 81 year old playing a critical character for the story. 

----------------------------------------

By the way: This HOBBIT 2 Part 2 IMDB Thread is hilarious.
私は太った男だ。

Eyawng te Klltepayu

Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

I never saw that on any website that I check for Hobbit news! :o Thanks for the info, it's cool. ;D

Concerning casting news, here are some interesting articles:
- Freeman (Bilbo Baggins) Goes on Hobbit Hiatus
- Ian McKellen Confirms Elrond & Lindir/Figwit Casting
- Orlando Bloom (Legolas Greenleaf) In The Hobbit: A Done Deal?

:)

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Sorry for the double post and necropost, but I forgot to share an important info earlier last week. :) Warner Bros./Peter Jackson have announced the titles and release dates for the two movies. :D

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on December 14, 2012
The Hobbit: There and Back Again on December 13, 2013

Here are two articles written about the matter: 1 & 2, plus a short local news video.

The Hobbit - Official Titles Revealed
Also, Peter Jackson had promised to answer 20 fan questions, and some time ago he answered the first one here. ;) His post even contains an epic picture! hrh ;D I'm very glad about his answer and am really looking forward to the next ones! :)

Can't wait to know who's been cast as Smaug! :o There are rumors that Benedict Cumberbatch might be the one to do the dragon's voice, but it seems like nothing's sure yet. I'm glad to know Legolas, Galadriel, Gandalf, Frodo and Elrond are gonna be back - but I'm wondering what Legolas' part is going to be, for instance, since he isn't in the book. Probably something related to his father Thranduil? :) And having Frodo included as a narrator seems like a good idea to me. :D

Syaron

OMG! OMG!!!! I LOVE this! When I was 15 I found The Hobbit and then all the others quickly followed. I read them back to back to back for at least four times each...all four books! That was 42 years ago and it has never left my heart! I CAN'T WAIT!!

Irayo for sharing!

Syaron :o :-* :)
Shara

Kamean

Lance R. Casey

// Lance R. Casey