The Hunger Games official trailer.

Started by Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite, November 16, 2011, 08:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Txur’Itan

I have not read the books.

What was the narrative like?
私は太った男だ。

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

I found the trailer incredible and can't wait to see the movie! :o

maybe it's my lack of sleep, but what do you mean what is the narrative like? :-\

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on December 05, 2011, 09:52:03 PM
maybe it's my lack of sleep, but what do you mean what is the narrative like? :-\

Narrative Noun: A spoken or written account of connected events; a story: "a bare narrative of the details".

I suppose, I could just have said "story"8)
私は太った男だ。

Syulang

I own and have read all the books, and really liked them. So I can't wait to see the movie! Though, from the trailer, it looks a bit different from what I imagined!
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Txur'Itan on December 05, 2011, 11:53:11 PM

Narrative Noun: A spoken or written account of connected events; a story: "a bare narrative of the details".

I suppose, I could just have said "story"8)

Please correct me if I say anything wrong, but what I understood is this:

Representatives are picked annually to be part of the so-called "Hunger Games," some kind of reality show in which the participants must  fight for survival. I think the gamers must try to be popular among the audience as well, because the "favourites" get some advantages in the game. In the end, only one participant must remain. However, the heroine of the books gets to play the Game, and she stirs a revolution among the other participants.

:)

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Syulang on December 07, 2011, 07:09:23 PM
I own and have read all the books, and really liked them. So I can't wait to see the movie! Tough, from the trailer, it looks a bit different from what I imagined!

Was the writing vague where the reader was meant to fill in all of the visual details, and the character interaction was the primary focus?

Or, are the descriptions from the books not being followed with as much care as you would have preferred?

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on December 10, 2011, 03:03:23 PM
Quote from: Txur'Itan on December 05, 2011, 11:53:11 PM

I suppose, I could just have said "story".  8)

Please correct me if I say anything wrong, but what I understood is this:

Representatives are picked annually to be part of the so-called "Hunger Games," some kind of reality show in which the participants must  fight for survival. I think the gamers must try to be popular among the audience as well, because the "favourites" get some advantages in the game. In the end, only one participant must remain. However, the heroine of the books gets to play the Game, and she stirs a revolution among the other participants.

:)

I have read these synopses and summaries quite some time ago around the time the teaser showed up. But, I was more looking for an opinion from someone who read the books on whether or not it was a good read.  ;D
私は太った男だ。

it is also set in a dystopian future where there are 12 'countries', including 'the Capitol'. the 12 countries- districts, as they call them in the books- are poorer and poorer the higher up the district is. the heroine is from the poorest, district 12. her sister is picked at random to be in the Hunger Games, and she volunteers to take her place. VERY good read, as well as the rest of the books. you should try them out sometime.