Main Menu

The Karate Kid

Started by Eyamsiyu, June 23, 2010, 06:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyamsiyu

A bit long, but I can tell you this much: it worth going to see.

Jackie Chan hardly fights at all, but he did a great performance.

Like all remakes, it will never be the original.  However, this one definitely meets the expectations that I had for it.

Finally, I learned that all kung fu is is picking up a jacket, putting it on, taking it off, hanging it up, taking it down, and throwing it on the ground.  Now I'm going to go practice my jacket skills.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Emtokay

Did Jackie Chan play the part of Mr. Miagi?
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Eyamsiyu

In this one he is called Mr. Han, but yes, he is the teacher.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I saw it, it was good but I consider it more of a rentable.  :)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on June 24, 2010, 08:32:47 PM
I saw it, it was good but I consider it more of a rentable.  :)

Here's what I can say: I agree.  It's worth the money for one viewing, but after that, just rent it on DVD.  Only movies I could think of that are out that I thought was worth seeing again was Prince if Persia, and even that may be a bit of a stretch.

MaTe

well, the karate part is interesting, kid is "not useful". One time movie/rental.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

I just can't accept an asian man to teach a black kid karate.  i'm sorry, but it just doesn't seem like it would work out.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

when I think of a black kid, I think of gang banger (yes i know i'm stereotyping) and when I think of an Asian karate master, I think of zen.  the two just don't mix.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan) on June 25, 2010, 06:21:24 PM
when I think of a black kid, I think of gang banger (yes i know i'm stereotyping) and when I think of an Asian karate master, I think of zen.  the two just don't mix.

You definitely need to get out more then: one of my best friends, who happens to be African American, is quite the metal head.  And does no gang-banging.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

oh no, don't get me wrong, I have lots of Black friends (is that racist to call them black?)  ok my good friends don't do that kinda stuff either.  its just that way in cinema usually.

Tsa'räni

I haven't seen the movie, but here's what I don't get...  If the kid is taught kung fu, why is it called Karate Kid?

Edit - nm, I read a summary.  So he knows a little karate at the start.  Still...

MaTe

it's the same as in "kick ass" - the acting/story/school part is boring, though necessary.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...