The Last Samurai

Started by Txantslusam Skxawng, February 11, 2011, 09:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txantslusam Skxawng

Its on Film1 here and I watched it a few times again. I actually am watching it now as I post this. This is one of my favorite movies.
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Kekerusey

Yes ... very enjoyable, but then I liked things like "Dances With Wolves" because they're "culture" films.

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

TLS is also kind of a culture movie, it shows how we western people destroy other people's cultures, yet, there's people in the West, who practice this culture, like martial arts, some sorts of yoga and stuff...

Kì'eyawn

Well, Avatar has sometimes been derided as "The Last Fern Gully Samurai Dances with Wolves in Space"  ;D

But (and i think i've said this somewhere else on the forum) for a person to so change his perception of people and the world around him that his enemies become his friends and his friends his enemies...  That's pretty powerful stuff, so i expect we as human beings will never tire of that kind of story.  So, to the people who think that Avatar is just a rehash of old ideas, i can only say that apparently they've never had their worldview altered in so profound a way.  Which is very sad only.

That being said, i love Last Samurai.  The music, the cinematography, the dialogue...  Katsumoto's SPOILER and satori moment:

*shiver*  What a great movie.  Of course, Ken Watanabe is awesome in everything he does.  I even really liked Tom Cruise in this film, and he's usually not my cup of tea.
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

Emtokay

One of Tom Cruise's decent movies. His other would be Top Gun imo. Not much of a fan but I really did enjoy this movie.
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Txantslusam Skxawng

I liked movies like Mission Impossible, but that is just for action. But on the other hand, I'm no movie expert either. I like Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, while it kinda are all B-movies.... But I just like those 'no-nonsense action movies' :P

I watched the Last Samurai again yesterday. Seen it like 3 times now this week, 2 times I fell in half way through the movie.
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF