The Lord of the Rings trilogy

Started by Ftxavanga Txe′lan, December 01, 2010, 07:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinatZranin

Many people compare Avatar and Lotr, but I think Lotr is a story which is uncomparable :)
It's, as Ftxavanga Txe′lan already said, timeless.
I mean: Tolkien invented about 4000 years of history with names, places and languages.
And he knew when who died (and a lot people die in the book D:).
His creation has so much depth in it, nobody will ever reach that again.
In addition, he was the first (or at least one of the first) men, who ever wrote a fantasybook like this.

Btw, did you notice that the Dementores from Harry Potter are VERY similar to the Nazgul?

Tolkien was such a creativ head, he was made up of creativity.
And I like Peter Jackson ;D

My favourite charackters are Eowyn, Legolas, Aragorn, Arwen and Faramir (Legolas/Faramir= pure hotness :D)
:D
Far, far above the clouds, silent as the wind, a falcon flies alone, silent as the sky. I hear his lonely cry, never can he rest.

by Aoi Teshima

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on January 08, 2011, 08:01:09 AM
Ash nazg durbatulûk
Ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk
Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

;D

This is TOO epic :D You're my hero for knowing this. ;D Black Speech really looks/sounds as bad and evil as the creatures who speak it! That's also one thing I love about Tolkien : he had such a sensible and just sense of language and culture (and of both of them together) that he achieved creating peoples who would absolutely be perfect to speak the languages he invented. It's fascinating!

Quote from: NinatZranin on January 08, 2011, 08:16:58 AM
Many people compare Avatar and Lotr, but I think Lotr is a story which is uncomparable :)
I mean: Tolkien invented about 4000 years of history with names, places and languages.
In addition, he was the first (or at least one of the first) men, who ever wrote a fantasybook like this.

Btw, did you notice that the Dementores from Harry Potter are VERY similar to the Nazgul?

My favourite charackters are Eowyn, Legolas, Aragorn, Arwen and Faramir (Legolas/Faramir= pure hotness :D)

I totally agree with you, ma Zranin! :) Apart from being about fictional/alien worlds, cultures and languages and being great (obviously hehe), I also believe no comparison can really be made between Avatar and LotR. For me, the fact that Tolkien spent his whole life working on Middle-earth is the major differentiating point. He began at twenty and wasn't even finished when he died.. One can hardly be more authentic and passionate than that. And more genius, too ;D Although this doesn't take anything from Avatar's greatness, either :)

I think Jackson is awesome because he understands the epicness of Middle-earth, and he also wants and knows how to depict it in the best way. That's why I think he made such a nice job. :)

Between, am I the only fan of Haldir and Glorfindel here? ;D

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on January 08, 2011, 03:18:36 PM
Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on January 08, 2011, 08:01:09 AM
Ash nazg durbatulûk
Ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk
Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

;D

This is TOO epic :D You're my hero for knowing this. ;D Black Speech really looks/sounds as bad and evil as the creatures who speak it! That's also one thing I love about Tolkien : he had such a sensible and just sense of language and culture (and of both of them together) that he achieved creating peoples who would absolutely be perfect to speak the languages he invented. It's fascinating!

Quote from: NinatZranin on January 08, 2011, 08:16:58 AM

I totally agree with you, ma Zranin! :) Apart from being about fictional/alien worlds, cultures and languages and being great (obviously hehe), I also believe no comparison can really be made between Avatar and LotR. For me, the fact that Tolkien spent his whole life working on Middle-earth is the major differentiating point. He began at twenty and wasn't even finished when he died.. One can hardly be more authentic and passionate than that. And more genius, too ;D Although this doesn't take anything from Avatar's greatness, either :)

I think Jackson is awesome because he understands the epicness of Middle-earth, and he also wants and knows how to depict it in the best way. That's why I think he made such a nice job. :)

Between, am I the only fan of Haldir and Glorfindel here? ;D
Black Speech is epic. ;D

I think those two guys are awesome! ;D  But, how about Gil-Galad? :)

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Right you are! Gil-galad is awesome, too :D Talking about him, I'm considering buying this bust (I found it elsewhere for 36$) or that statue (for 65$). :) What do you guys think I should do? ;D

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on January 09, 2011, 07:08:50 AM
Right you are! Gil-galad is awesome, too :D Talking about him, I'm considering buying this bust (I found it elsewhere for 36$) or that statue (for 65$). :) What do you guys think I should do? ;D
Woah, those are both awesome! I like the Gil-Galad one, but Galadriel has the map on her base. Hmm, you decide...I like both too much. HRH ;D

Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato)

I love LoTR :) I was only able to see the triology a few years ago because my family didn't like it, and fell asleep. -.- So I would get them from library, yet, I found The Two Towers and The Return of the King yesterday for 5 bucks each :o I got them, le duh. :3 Next, I will be getting the books, which I sooo desire to read. @...@ And, I have a weird obsession with Smeagol/Gollum. He is just so....adorable. :D

NinatZranin

I like Smeagol, too, when he 'changed' for a short time :)
I love the scene when he hunted the rabbits and brought them to Frodo and then the discussion this Sam xD
Have you watched the Easter Egg? :D epic :D
Far, far above the clouds, silent as the wind, a falcon flies alone, silent as the sky. I hear his lonely cry, never can he rest.

by Aoi Teshima

Srane, that part was funny :P and I is watching The Two Towers right now :3 "Together, my Lord Sauron, we shall rule Middle-Earth." just happened :P And I want to get the Evenstar pendant of Arwen, will save money for it. :P

NinatZranin

Oh my :D
The Evenstar is the most beautiful necklace I've ever seen.
If a guy wanted to marry me, he should not give me a ring, but the Evenstar :D
That would be awesome :)

by Aoi Teshima

Srane, its very beautiful. :) Hrh that would be such a special gift. ::) I was looking on tolkien store online, or something like that, they are expensive. :o

Hufwe Atxur

No, I want Aragorns bow! Maybe I should try to build it myself.

By the way, now I fortunately own the Extended Version of LotR :)
old gallery link?id=1630.jpg[/img]
NEW version of Seed of Language released! Click on the banner to find out more!

Quote from: Hufwe Atxur on January 09, 2011, 02:36:07 PM

I've had the extended for a long time. :D  Have you watched it yet?  It is very awesome! ;D

Amaya

By far the best part of the EE is the actors' commentary.  So totally worth watching with this audio track, all the other commentaries are Zzzzzz....

HRH I've been watching this thread for a bit and maaaaaan does it make me feel old!  All of you younglings who watched this movie "as a kid" *blinks*  I've been a fan of Tolkein and the Lord of the Rings since I was 11 or 12, when I first read the books, and the movies are fun, but...well, yeah, the books still pwn them 100%  But then, isn't that always the case?

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on January 09, 2011, 08:58:37 AM
Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on January 09, 2011, 07:08:50 AM
Woah, those are both awesome! I like the Gil-Galad one, but Galadriel has the map on her base. Hmm, you decide...I like both too much. HRH ;D

It's gonna be a hard decision! But I have time to decide before my birthday, which is in six months ::) *cough*

Omg and Aragorn's sword! It's such a piece of art <3 I find weapons in general very cool, and I think (regarding LotR) that I'd particularly like Andúril, or any Elvish sword for their beautiful aesthetics and curves.

Quote from: Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato) on January 09, 2011, 12:47:20 PMAnd I want to get the Evenstar pendant of Arwen, will save money for it. :P

True, this pendant is really sublime. :o I think it's probably one of the best-seeling LotR products, no wonder why!

Concerning the Extended Edition, I'd agree with you about the actor's commentary, Amaya! :) Although I also like the background parts about Tolkien or his languages. I'm so happy! I had bought the three EE films in Germany and couldn't watch them here, but I've just purchased a new DVD which can read them ;D Soo exciting! But of course, as always the books are much better :D

You have plenty of time to decide then. ::)  Wait...my birthday is in 6 months as well. :o

Sran, the Elvish ones are pretty...I like Legolas' daggers. :D

I like everything on the EE. ::)  HRH, you had a problem with the DVD region? :P  Good you got it fixed though. ;D

Hufwe Atxur

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on January 09, 2011, 03:24:42 PM
Quote from: Hufwe Atxur on January 09, 2011, 02:36:07 PM

I've had the extended for a long time. :D  Have you watched it yet?  It is very awesome! ;D
It is just genious what P.Jackson did with it! It shows more details of the World of Middle Earth and I was quite surprised that several scenes weren't in the initial movie.

But even equal to the films are the soundtracks - has anybody listened to them yet?

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on January 09, 2011, 03:53:27 PMHRH, you had a problem with the DVD region? :P  Good you got it fixed though. ;D
Yes I had! I'm very happy I got it fixed, indeed. :D

Quote from: Hufwe Atxur on January 10, 2011, 09:30:33 AMBut even equal to the films are the soundtracks - has anybody listened to them yet?
Of course! Probably the best soundtracks I've ever heard. :)

Hufwe Atxur

Aye, those are very beautiful songs (especially The Breaking of the Fellowship). Perhaps I should add The Bridge of Khazad-Dûm, The Riders of Rohan and Minas Tirith.

NinatZranin

Oh my :D
The Riders Of Rohan always remind me of Eowyn's beautiful honey-blond hair.
geeez.
*so damn jealous :D*

by Aoi Teshima