The Lord of the Rings trilogy

Started by Ftxavanga Txe′lan, December 01, 2010, 07:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

I've gone through this entire section and was really surprised not to find any topic about the Lord of the Rings - so I thought I should create one. :)

Personally, these are my favourite movies ever (with Avatar). Since I'm 9 years old, I've watched each movie somewhere between 20 and 40 times. I've actually lost the exact count. :P If we say each film lasts about 2h30, this means I have spent up to now from 150 to 300 hours watching the Lord of the Rings. ;D Quite a lot! ahah

Anyways, what do you guys think about it? Are you also big fans? :D

Kxamtxon Tsamsiyu

I'm also a huge LOTR fan. I fell in love with the Hobbit and then the trilogy. Books and movies. Avatar is my all time favorite but LOTR comes in second  :)

"First it was just orders, then everything changed.." ~Jake Sully
Neytiri & Jake

Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake

Definitely an epic cinema experience!
I remember watching my first LOTR film (Two Towers) at a drive-in as a kid, and that was definitely a night i will always cherish.
Makes me wanna go to a drive-in right now, lol.

Nyx

I love the books, the movies, the whole world they're set in :D LotR extended edition marathon is a great way to spend a night (and a bit of the morning :P)

Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake

All i've heard is good things about the books, so i'm gonna have to read them!
As well as the HP series (yes, i didn't read much in my childhood...or now...but that's because i watch some really decent films, lol)
Looking forward to the new Hobbit films? :D

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake on December 02, 2010, 05:36:19 PMLooking forward to the new Hobbit films? :D

Of course ;D I heard it's going to be in 3D, that's awesome! *-* And it's going to be directed by Peter Jackson again, if I'm not mistaken, right? (Well, this matter has been such a big deal, so maybe I missed something - but that's actually what I understood. ahah) Then I'm not worried at all, and I'm also totally looking forward to the new wonders the team is surely going to achieve.

Anyways, I think the Lord of the Rings is one of these few exceptions where the films do no insult the books that they're about. :) I don't see how anything could have been done better in this case, considering the HUGE amount of work this adaptation represented. Not to talk about the expectations that were just as huge, if not more! :o

Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake

Yeah, Mr. Jackson does a superb job with these kinds of films.
Can't wait!  :D

Hufwe Atxur

Yes. Finally a LotR-Topic! I really like Tolkiens work (Silmarillion, Hobbit, etc..), thus it's better for me than HP or similar. The only think I wonder about is why the second film focuses on the Battle of Helms Deep, since it's very different in the book(s).

Quote from: Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake on December 02, 2010, 05:36:19 PM
All i've heard is good things about the books, so i'm gonna have to read them!
As well as the HP series (yes, i didn't read much in my childhood...or now...but that's because i watch some really decent films, lol)
Looking forward to the new Hobbit films? :D

Good decision :) I hope the Hobbit-film(s) will be made soon, and I'm sure they will be good (since Sir Ian McKellen will play Gandalf)!
old gallery link?id=1630.jpg[/img]
NEW version of Seed of Language released! Click on the banner to find out more!

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

LOTR!!!! I love The Lord of the Rings!!

I name so many of my things after characters from it. (Flame of Udûn)

I can't wait to see Smaug in The Hobbit. ;D

Eana Tanhì

i love LOTR too... and i was wondering when will someone finally make this thread ;D

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on December 05, 2010, 09:51:46 PMI name so many of my things after characters from it. (Flame of Udûn)

Awesome! :D What did you call Flame of Udûn?

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on December 07, 2010, 05:39:25 PM
Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on December 05, 2010, 09:51:46 PMI name so many of my things after characters from it. (Flame of Udûn)

My xbox live account...to bad I never am able to use it. ::)

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on December 07, 2010, 05:55:30 PM
Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on December 07, 2010, 05:39:25 PM

My xbox live account...to bad I never am able to use it. ::)

This is so cool! :) For my part, I have received the One Ring a year ago, and I've named it Andanéya (which means once upon a time or long ago in Quenya). I'm wearing it ALL the time ever since, and I even wrote a story for my Ring. :D ahah I'm so obsessed.

What are you guys' favourite characters? ;D Or the book/movie of the trilogy that you like the most?

Emtokay

For me I have to choose 2 characters. Legolass and Gimmli. Just love how those two are constantly trying to one up each other. As for movies, I like the 3rd one, The Return of the King, favorite part would be when Legolass drops the Elephant, slides of the trunk to have Gimmli say "That still only counts as one"
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Eana Tanhì

It's LOTR on tv here at sunday ;D
First part was two days ago, next part is next sunday, and the last one is week after that :D

I haz the LotR book on my desk now. ;D

NinatZranin

I fell in love with the movies when I was a kid, like 9 years old.
I watched it with my mom.
I read the book when I was 14, and it's awesome.
So much detail, so many languages (though many are unknown today :( )
I've grown up with the story :3
Far, far above the clouds, silent as the wind, a falcon flies alone, silent as the sky. I hear his lonely cry, never can he rest.

by Aoi Teshima

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: NinatZranin on January 08, 2011, 04:40:20 AM
I fell in love with the movies when I was a kid, like 9 years old.
I watched it with my mom.
I read the book when I was 14, and it's awesome.
So much detail, so many languages (though many are unknown today :( )
I've grown up with the story :3

Yes, that was also pretty much my case! :) And the incredible thing is that other generations grew up with the books, too.. Between, it was Tolkien's 119th birthday this week (on January 3rd) :D Can't believe he would have been that old. The world he created is truly timeless, and I'm sure it's going to be just as much of a classic in a hundred years!

For my part, my favourite characters would definitely be Galadriel and Samwise ;D And I like The Return of the King the best, because it's really the book/movie which gets to my soul the most (although the two others do, too).

Eana Tanhì

I first saw LOTR 2, then 3, and then 1 :D
I was young and I haven't got any idea what is it about, I loved it because others loved it :D but then after I saw all 3 parts together (in a right order :P) I thought that it's really awesome movie ;D

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk
Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

;D