The Simpsons could end over contract disputes

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, October 04, 2011, 03:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Long-running animated television series "The Simpsons" could come to an abrupt end after 23 seasons due to a pay dispute between the main voice actors and broadcast network FOX, Sky News reported Tuesday.

FOX studio executives have previously threatened to replace uncooperative cast members with sound-alike actors, and in 2004 the actors stopped working in a pay dispute involving the renewal of their three-year contracts.

But for the first time in nearly a quarter-century, FOX has insisted that if the cast does not accept a 45 percent pay cut, "The Simpsons" will be canceled.

Newsweek reported that the ultimatum was delivered Monday night as FOX spurned the actors' proposal to take a 30 percent pay cut.

read whole story:
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpps/entertainment/the-simpsons-could-end-over-contract-disputes-dpgonc-20111004-bb_15327152

Quotemy comment:
The Simpsons must not end. I love The Simpsons, it is the best series I have seen!!!

Nyx

Oh I really hope they find some kind of compromise. The Simpsons is a huge show, it probably earns FOX a lot of money, I bet they don't want it off the air.

Come to think of it, it's the only show I watch religiously but haven't seen all episodes of.

Emtokay

I've seen all Simpsons episodes (except new ones) and within first 5 minutes I can tell you want happens in the ep
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Human No More

Very unlikely, it makes them far too much money. This is the voice actors' way of saying they want more of it.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Txantslusam Skxawng

Those main voice actors make 8 million $ a year with the Simpsons.
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Lance R. Casey

// Lance R. Casey

Ricardo

I love the Simpsons, they are my favorite series. But I wish they could find an end soonly. The first 10 seasons were brilliant but the 16+-seasons are ridicolous. There is no really creativity, no more sense of good humour. It's a shame what happened to the Simpsons.

'Itan Atxur

I've never been a big fan of The Simpsons but I would hate to see it end over money. When the show dies it needs to be because people no longer want to watch it or the voice actors and writers have decided to call it quits.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

'Oma Tirea

Never been a fan either.  Saw a story in my local newspaper today....

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Seze Mune

I think it used to be better, but I have to agree, to me it seems like a tired rehash.  Perhaps they just need a time-out for a few years. :P

Human No More

Quote from: Lance R. Casey on October 08, 2011, 10:14:39 AM
Resolved!
See? :P

I've seen a few of the new episodes but not a majority. I think they're actually not as bad as people say - it was in need of an update for a long time, which it has got now.
On the other hand, it does seem to be getting a bit 'South Park-ish' where it has episodes based on bashing random person/thing, although luckily still nowhere near as bad as South Park there, and is still actually funny :P
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Why would FOX cut their pay almost down to half  ???? They're a huge company that makes a lot of money. It's not like they're going broke, right  :-\ ????
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

archaic

They shouldn't be too short of money. One of their semi-recent movies made really quite a bit of profit I hear.  ;)
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.