Titanic 3D Release Date

Started by Swoka Ikran, May 20, 2011, 12:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoka Ikran

Just found this on my local news site: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8140469

Titanic 3D officially has a release date of April 6, 2012 :) April 6, 2012 is 4 days shy of the 100th anniversary of the ship's first (and only) departure.

This is probably the only film in the near future that could give Avatar a run for its money. If the 2D version made $1.8 billion in 1997...just think what a 3D version will make.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Thank you for the news! :) I don't know if I'm going to watch it, but I'm sure it's going to be a total success. hrh :D

Txantslusam Skxawng

I read it on teletext today ^^
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

'Itan Atxur

I cant wait for it :D. But i cant see a rerelease (not even a remake) breaking 1 billion. How do you make a 2D movie into a 3D w/o reshooting?

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 20, 2011, 01:05:30 PM
I cant wait for it :D. But i cant see a rerelease (not even a remake) breaking 1 billion. How do you make a 2D movie into a 3D w/o reshooting?
Not easily, but google suggests it can be done with time, labor, software, and very powerful computers.

I wouldn't be surprised if something like Weta's server farm got used for this.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Kamean

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 20, 2011, 01:05:30 PM
There is a special program. Clash of the Titans, and Alice in Wonderland was transferred to 3D after the shooting. But Pirates of the Caribbean IV were filmed as Avatar, just in 3D.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Txantslusam Skxawng

Maybe they got some of them NASA computers xD
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF