TOOTHLESS 1, 2, & 3 - How to Train your Dragon.

Started by Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe, March 28, 2010, 02:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

archaic

Oh wow! Thank you for sharing this.

:o  :D

On a side note, Thirty Seconds to Mars - on an HtTYD trailer ..... I could get paranoid.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

archaic

Sorry for the double post.

I'm a bit slow today, the Thirty Seconds to Mars track is called Kings and Queens.

Excuse me for a while, I'm just going to see if I can buy an aluminum foil hat anyplace on line.
:o  ;)

archaic

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

archaic

OK, so here's the thing, I've watched a lot of movies, some I've enjoyed, some I haven't .
Then in 2009 this James Cameron guy releases a movie that cost crazy amounts, his first since Titanic, he'd basically blown hundreds of millions on special effects. I confidently predicted it would suck, but was unsure how hard it would bomb.
But Avatar didn't suck, it didn't bomb either and easily became my favorite movie of all time.

Then, three months later, there was a totally irrelevant kid flick that I barely even noticed, but everyone who saw it raved about how truly awesome it was, I went and ..... WOW!!!
HtTYD is my second favorite movie of all time, just barely behind Avatar.
My two favorite movies like ever, three months apart, nothing as good before or since.

I'm hoping for some deeply amazing sequels.

In an atypical move, I've added to this post rather than double post.

OK, so this isn't new news, more kinda HtTYD archeology.
QuoteThe story's central dragon, Toothless, also grew exponentially, from a small and cuddly pet into a formidable, flyable beast. (Rather than dispatch the original incarnations to the animation scrap heap, Sanders and DeBlois instead gave the three characters as first animated a couple of cameos. Toothless as he was initially envisioned is now a small dragon who appears early in the film, trying to steal food from the new Toothless, only to be sent away with a blast of fire.

The first Hiccup and Astrid are now small children in a woman's arms who turn up late in the film as Toothless leaves in a boat.)
Found here .....

archaic

Found here .....

Review from Cannes Film Festival, by Drew McWeeny (Friday, May 16, 2014 6:00am) pretty spoiler free.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/review-how-to-train-your-dragon-2-soars-above-most-hollywood-franchise-films

Txur’Itan

Just saw it Thursday Evening, 6/12/2014.

It was good.

HTTYD 3 is already on the slate for 2016.

私は太った男だ。

archaic

The release date for How To Train Your Dragon 3 has now been pushed back to June 9, 2017.
Found here .....

archaic

archaic

How To Train Your Dragon 2 Composer John Powell Nominated for 2 Hollywood Music in Media Awards

Found on IMDBhttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt2386490/news?ref_=tt_nwr_2#ni57882610 here .....

archaic

Sorry for the double post, found some HtTYD3 stuff.

Dean DeBlois says he's talked Jeffrey Katzenberg out of doing How to Train Your Dragon 4 .....
It was announced shortly after the first film's release that there would be a trilogy of Dragon films, and when I spoke with composer John Powell this summer he said that Katzenberg had recently brought up the prospect of a How to Train Your Dragon 4.  I recently spoke with DeBlois in anticipation of the Blu-ray release of Dragon 2, and he took some time to talk about the story for How to Train Your Dragon 3, saying it will be more Tootheless-centric, and he said he thinks he's talked Katzenberg down from expanding the franchise to a fourth film, though he doesn't rule out the possibility of spinoffs.

..... and .....

"I'm also playing with the idea of what happened to the dragons and why they are no more, as suggested by Cressida Cowell's books.  So the whole mystery of where did they go?  Did they come back?  What transpired?  I think it's all compelling stuff and it's definitely a story that's gonna have a lot more Toothless emphasis in it.  We continue to get more insight into the dragon world and shed light on their intelligence and all the aspects that we've been slowly cooking over the last two films."
Found here .....

archaic

Me again.

HtTYD collected several awards at this years Annies, including Best Animated Feature.
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/how-to-train-your-dragon-2-wins-annie-award-for-animated-feature-1201420335/#

Found the 'Here's How It Should Eave Ended' of HtTYD2 .....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktAT6JCWCr0

Txur’Itan

DreamWorks had Layoffs recently, we may be waiting a while for another Toothless movie.  :'(

私は太った男だ。

Eana Tanhì

Quote from: Txur'Itan on February 03, 2015, 05:25:16 PM
DreamWorks had Layoffs recently, we may be waiting a while for another Toothless movie.  :'(
we have to wait for Avatar 2 for so long and now the HtTYD also?  :-X :(

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

archaic

If you hunted around the net a while, I expect there's maybe some fanfic/art you could read/look at whilst you wait.

Hontor

Quote from: Eana Tanhì on February 18, 2015, 08:02:19 AM
Quote from: Txur'Itan on February 03, 2015, 05:25:16 PM
we have to wait for Avatar 2 for so long and now the HtTYD also?  :-X :(

Yes, it's torture... I LOVE Avatar and i really like HTTYD, so cool dragons and good story.
In the second movie dragons are more lively and agile. So cute plays on the background :) And new epic dragons (Bewilderbeast and Cloujumper) are really great. I also like the dragon-beetle by Hiccup's father...