Main Menu

Tron Legacy

Started by Seze, December 17, 2010, 01:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekirä

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on January 07, 2011, 06:25:49 PM
As of the 3D, well. Most of the movie wasn't in 3D at all so I would say that it doesn't matter that much which version you see.

What? Mine had a couple minutes that wasn't 3D, they said that in the beginning, but the rest was all in 3D...

ExLibrisMortis

As of the 3D, well. Most of the movie wasn't in 3D at all so I would say that it doesn't matter that much which version you see.

The Sound system of an IMAX theatre makes this move. MAKES IT!

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on January 08, 2011, 11:45:18 AM

The Sound system of an IMAX theatre makes this move. MAKES IT!

There isn't a single IMAX theater in Sweden :(

archaic

I have big problem with this movie.

I have not seen it, I found the hype a big turn off, the trailers don't appeal to me. Plus I usually find big budget sfx heavy / story weak movies ultimately disappointing. Original Tron included.

Now here's my problem:-
I felt exactly the same about Avatar before I watched it, and I nearly didn't. When I did go in to see it I fully expected to hate it, still I would have seen it and could rubbish it with the benefit of knowing exactly what I was rubbishing.
To my surprised I didn't hate Avatar, quite the opposite.
So, should I try Tron Legacy?  :-\

Archaic = Failed Avatar hater.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Ekirä

Quote from: archaic on January 11, 2011, 03:09:52 PM
I have big problem with this movie.

I have not seen it, I found the hype a big turn off, the trailers don't appeal to me. Plus I usually find big budget sfx heavy / story weak movies ultimately disappointing. Original Tron included.

No here's my problem:-
I felt exactly the same about Avatar before I watched it, and I nearly didn't. When I did go in to see it I fully expected to hate it, still I would have seen it and could rubbish it with the benefit of knowing exactly what I was rubbishing.
To my surprised I didn't hate Avatar, quite the opposite.
So, should I try Tron Legacy?  :-\

Archaic = Failed Avatar hater.

It's not Avatar, definitely not....but if you're the kind of person that's willing to overlook plot and just see a movie for graphics, I think you should see it.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Txur’Itan

I am not sure why the plot of TRON Legacy has been getting bashed, comparatively this is a pretty decently dramatic story as far as how it was conveyed.  A good deal more character depth than most movies in this vein.  

However, father son relationships have been rather thinly conveyed historically, and relegated to sports, hunting, camping, or fishing together.  In TRON, they hack together, or would have been hacking together, if the events of the story had not transpired the way they had.

As far as the special effects are concerned, they are present, and intriguing, but they are nothing more than an artistically conveyed stage for the moments in the story that take place.

It comes down to the types of stories that interest you.  

私は太った男だ。