Contrabass Saxophone

Started by Txur’Itan, June 23, 2011, 02:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

I wonder if anyone plays this that has something interesting to listen to besides marching band standards?

Contrabass Saxophone
私は太った男だ。

Txantslusam Skxawng

How big lounges do you need to play that!
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Cantrabass Saxophones are not marching instruments :/  Only Altos, Tenors and Baris march. (And on veeeeeeeeeeery rare occasions altos)

Kamean

Interesting video and interesting instrument. But so-o-o big. :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaats what she said ;)

guest2859

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on June 23, 2011, 05:46:04 PM
Cantrabass Saxophones are not marching instruments :/  Only Altos, Tenors and Baris march. (And on veeeeeeeeeeery rare occasions altos)

Really? A about 6/8 saxophones in our school's band march altos...

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Naruga Kuruga on June 24, 2011, 12:52:55 AM

Wow!  Thats incredibly rare!  High school or college?  and do y'all compete or is it just for fun?  And is that consecutive or just because a show called for it?

Txantslusam Skxawng

WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Kamean

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on June 24, 2011, 11:47:21 PM
Biggest sax I've ever seen :o
And I.
I did not think there are such. If it is not played, I would have thought that this is not a real instrument, but the clown device. ;D

Tsufätu Ayioangä

It is also known as the Tubax, or 'tuba sax'

Kamean

guest2859

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on June 24, 2011, 01:00:30 AM

Wow!  Thats incredibly rare!  High school or college?  and do y'all compete or is it just for fun?  And is that consecutive or just because a show called for it?

It's High school, I think the last lineup was 6 altos, 1 tenor, and 1 baritone sax. The tenor and bari switched to pit percussion, but all 6 altos marched.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Naruga Kuruga on June 26, 2011, 12:22:09 AM
Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on June 24, 2011, 01:00:30 AM

It's High school, I think the last lineup was 6 altos, 1 tenor, and 1 baritone sax. The tenor and bari switched to pit percussion, but all 6 altos marched.

AAAAAA I got confused and tooootaly read yer post wrong!  For some reason I thought you said you had six marching SAPRANO saxes :/  I've got no idea were that came from XD

guest2859

Soprano? I don't think our band was remotely big enough to see a soprano come through. Our band has been doing so bad that in 20 years the size was cut in half twice. But yeah, we don't have sopranos anywhere that I know of.

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Kamean

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quote from: Naruga Kuruga on June 26, 2011, 04:44:38 PM
Soprano? I don't think our band was remotely big enough to see a soprano come through. Our band has been doing so bad that in 20 years the size was cut in half twice. But yeah, we don't have sopranos anywhere that I know of.

Oh ok XD  That makes more sence.  i was like freaking out hrh