Dragonforce...

Started by Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu, February 24, 2010, 11:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Who here likes Dragonforce?
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Étienne

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

My favorite song is Trail of Broken Hearts.

ExLibrisMortis

I like their music, defeinitely suits my ADD'ness. The one I like alot is heroes of our time.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

That would be my second favorite. Tied with Starfire. Herman Lee is amazing (that is how you spell his last name right?)

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Is anyone else crazy enough to believe that Dragonforce's songs might be prophecizing the future?

Étienne

Winter Storm is freakin beast!

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

(Sorry about the double post) Heck YES!!!

Tsamsiyu92

Yeah, I like Dragonforce.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Eyamsiyu

See, I would definitely be a fan if it wasn't for the fact that the solo in "Through the Fire And The Flames" was recorded measure by measure (individual separate files, basically), and then strung together.  It's good to listen to for sure, but I honestly can't be too much of a fan if they can't replicate the main elements of the songs live.

Somewhat on topic: TTFATF on Marching Tenor Pad

That was recorded a year ago.  This is the result of hours upon hours of mindless practice, boredom, and about 150 fl oz of Mountain Dew.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Tsamsiyu92

^Why blame DF for that horrible TTFAF, I need a canon source for that "measure by measure"-thing you claim that they did there. They can play it live now, but have to get a "break" between the intro and the insane part, because Herman uses a accostic guitar on the intro. 2006 videos on youtube ARE NOT canon sources. Also keep in mind that studio recordings have higher requirements of precision than live shows have.

DragonForce is as little understood as we are by the majority. 2006 is long ago and TTFaF is actually feasable when considering the time Herman Li has been playing guitar. (10-20 years). The pacman thing can be done with the pic to, it doesn't have to be the vibrato arm.

And, it doesn't have to be 100 notes per second to be great, Freedom Call is a great band that express what they want with at least 10 times less notes.

Eywa ngahu.

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on April 12, 2010, 03:36:58 AM
^Why blame DF for that horrible TTFAF, I need a canon source for that "measure by measure"-thing you claim that they did there. They can play it live now, but have to get a "break" between the intro and the insane part, because Herman uses a accostic guitar on the intro. 2006 videos on youtube ARE NOT canon sources. Also keep in mind that studio recordings have higher requirements of precision than live shows have.

DragonForce is as little understood as we are by the majority. 2006 is long ago and TTFaF is actually feasable when considering the time Herman Li has been playing guitar. (10-20 years). The pacman thing can be done with the pic to, it doesn't have to be the vibrato arm.

And, it doesn't have to be 100 notes per second to be great, Freedom Call is a great band that express what they want with at least 10 times less notes.

Eywa ngahu.

Unfortunately, my source is a good friend and fellow musician who works in studio recording, so no websites (I trust his word though).  If they can play iyt live now, then my respect for them skyrockets.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

ShadowMainZERO

DragonFrepic

I need to get more of their songs on my iPod. I only have TtFaF.

Come join the adventure in Strange Lands: A Pandoran RP!

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Tsamsiyu92

Quote from: Zelenal on April 13, 2010, 06:43:47 AM
DragonFrepic

In my opinion, all DragonForce's songs beat TtFaF.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

I love them all equally.

ShadowMainZERO

While I do like all of their songs (at least the ones I have heard) I prefer TtFaF simply because I LOVE making fight scenes to it.

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Étienne

Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on April 29, 2010, 04:57:00 AM
Quote from: Zelenal on April 13, 2010, 06:43:47 AM
DragonFrepic

In my opinion, all DragonForce's songs beat TtFaF.

Srane

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Zelenal on April 29, 2010, 01:44:37 PM
While I do like all of their songs (at least the ones I have heard) I prefer TtFaF simply because I LOVE making fight scenes to it.

Have you seen the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children TtFatF music video? It is AWESOME!

ShadowMainZERO

After listening to them more I have decided that my favorite is Disciples of Babylon.