Favorite decade in music

Started by Ezy Ryder, February 28, 2010, 11:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which 20th century's decades of music, was the best in Your opinion?

'90s
'10s
'20s
'30s
'40s
'50s
'60s
'70s
'80s
'90s

Ezy Ryder

You've got 3 choices. You can also write favorite bands of the decade...
'40s, '50s and '60s.

El Jacko

60s: Pink Floyd, King Crimson
70s: Pink Floyd, Rush, Yes
80s: Pink Floyd, Rush, King Crimson

00's: Liquid Tension Experiment (but I only got 3 choices :P)
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Ezy Ryder

El Jacko

I was assuming 2000-2009. Mebbe both?
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Étienne

Emtokay

70's - Kiss/ACDC
80's - METALLICA
90's - Rhapsody
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

jasgor9

I love the late 20th century:

70's - Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith
80's - The Cure, Daryl Hall & John Oates
90's - Pearl Jam, Nirvana

DJ Makto

The 30's 40's and 60's are fun to listen to. Particularly:

30's: Louis Armstrong, Jelly Roll Morton, Bessie Smith, other early Jazz artists (mmm perhaps 30's is kinda late for some of these names)
40's: Swing era, Glenn Miller, Count Baise, Duke Ellington, Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, et al.
60's: Beatles, The Turtles, The Moody Blues, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Jefferson Airplane, The Zombies, et al.

Na'vi Kxanìa Taronyu

60s - Rolling Stones
70s - The Beatles
80s - Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Pat Benatar,
90s - Weird Al
2000s - Disturbed
I am a Video Producer, Webpage Designer, Na'Vi enthusiast, BMW fanatic, and a Mac OS X Server Certified Server Administrator.

I am The People's Forbidden Hunter
Oel ngati kameie!

I don't know where to turn, as my future is clouded.  The future is a haze, as my path is unclear.  Will my loyalty stick with my Terran race, or will it stick with the Na'vi?

Kelkuyä Eyktan

80's - Thrash Metal is born!!! Metallica/Slayer/Sodom/Kreator/Destruction/Pantera/Sepultura/Testament  ;D

bommel

The first thing that came to my mind: 90's (though there were some "strange" things like Eurodance - but I listened to it anyways ^^)

Dreamlight

I had to go with '50s '60s and '80s.  The Seventies got left out of that span because, well, that was the disco era.  >.<
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

Elektrolurch

Hmm... I love the 50s, because of the King. And all the other rock'n'roll gods...

The 60s are awesome, because the beatles started a revolution. And in the 70s, all the gods born in the 60s became really awesome. ;D
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Lolet

Elektrolurch

s*** happens... ;D

I also do love all the jazz artists before 1950... This is amazing music.
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Tsamsiyu92

late 80s with Blind Guardian
90s with Gamma Ray
00s with Gamma Ray and a lot of other 99ers in power metal, i.e. Freedom Call, Power Quest...

Kekerusey

70's becuase I liked a lot of dance music back then, dub and lovers rock was huge (for me at least) and the late 70's was the punk era (back when punks were actually colourful and in fashion, HRH). And it had Bowie which is never a bad thing.

80's because it was when what I call "white boy dance music" became really popular (new romantics, rockabilly, ska ... also lots of funk, jazz funk, acid jazz and so on). It also had Bowie which remained a good thing.

00's because I love nuMetal which is what I turned to when the 90's became nothing but bilge (acid, the evolution of mysogynistic rap, more boy bands and more rap). Still had some Bowie but, TBH, it was getting a bit tiresome!

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)