I'm Not Okay, Ever Again

Started by guest2859, March 03, 2010, 09:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2859

My Chemical Romance is the band that saved my life. Now the drummer quit and my life is over.

Thought you should know.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

You still have your new life to look forward to.  :)
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Étienne

I love that band but I would never admit it.

This post never happened.

Ezy Ryder

I almost hate that band. Because of that kind of bands real, good music like Band of Gypsys, The Who, Led Zeppelin or The Beatles are almost forgotten today.

B.B. King - Let the good times roll

Étienne

Quote from: Ezy Ryder on March 04, 2010, 07:49:35 AM
I almost hate that band. Because of that kind of bands real, good music like Band of Gypsys, The Who, Led Zeppelin or The Beatles are almost forgotten today.

Yeah that's completely untrue. I think if I ever heard so many bands say that they where inspired by the Beatles I'm pretty sure they are far from forgotten. "real good music" is kinda unfair to those who enjoy this type of music and is kinda..well closed minded.

Ezy Ryder

Firstly, what I name forgotten is when You almost can't listen to the band in radio, tv or anything else. And also, when nobody write's talk's 'bout the band.

And secondly, being close minded is good as long, as Your mind is closed for evil and DISCO-THE SATAN'S MUSIC

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on March 03, 2010, 09:19:08 PM
My Chemical Romance is the band that saved my life. Now the drummer quit and my life is over.

Thought you should know.

Don't feel bad, man: I was in the same boat when Dave Douglas left Relient K and was replaced with Ethan Luck.

Things will get better man.  Don't think much of it, especially since you still have the music that the ex-drummer played on.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Étienne

Quote from: Ezy Ryder on March 05, 2010, 07:57:05 AM
Firstly, what I name forgotten is when You almost can't listen to the band in radio, tv or anything else. And also, when nobody write's talk's 'bout the band.

And secondly, being close minded is good as long, as Your mind is closed for evil and DISCO-THE SATAN"S MUSIC

Evil is always the other side and I like Disco...

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Étienne on March 06, 2010, 04:37:25 AM
Quote from: Ezy Ryder on March 05, 2010, 07:57:05 AM

And secondly, being close minded is good as long, as Your mind is closed for evil and DISCO-THE SATAN"S MUSIC

Evil is always the other side and I like Disco...

I used to dance to Disco, during its heyday...

Then there was break dancing...

Then there was Pecan Pie, chocolate, and Starbucks...

Now I don't dance, I type...
私は太った男だ。

Eyamsiyu

even though Disco is, well, disco, as a musician, I have to respect it as music.  It was specifically made to dance to, and even in a lot of rock songs, the classic disco beat is there.  And without disco, there would not be techno.

And I don't dance, but type, and also the guy creating the beats.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Disco isn't that bad its just not for every day use.

Music is a lot like candy, there's tons of different flavors all of which are sweet but in the end you have to throw away the rappers.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on March 10, 2010, 03:50:42 PM
Disco isn't that bad its just not for every day use.

Music is a lot like candy, there's tons of different flavors all of which are sweet but in the end you have to throw away the rappers.

Dude, even rap music has it's place.  It's honestly a much better medium for telling stories and giving messages: it's just that the corporate people who choose what to promote choose the guys with the bad messages (AKA, "it's all about money and sex).  The ones with positive messages are repressed and don't get what their music and message deserves.  And that is the cold truth.

Funny thing is, though, that people think it's "black" music, when 70% of people who listen to it are, in fact, Caucasian (white).

Ezy Ryder

Music should not be used as a "message". Music is more like a Direction. You know... to express not what but how You think.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

I agree whole heartedly. Everyone interprets everything differently. You cannot say there IS a message because to someone else it isn't. I do not really know how to word it...

'Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Ezy Ryder on March 11, 2010, 06:54:51 AM
Music should not be used as a "message". Music is more like a Direction. You know... to express not what but how You think.

Why not both? Everyone is entitled to think what they want. Why can't it be a Message pointing to different Directions?
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Everyone interprets everything differently.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Ezy Ryder on March 04, 2010, 07:49:35 AM

How are The Who, Led Zepplin or the Beatles forgotton?!?!?!

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Ezy Ryder

Think 'bout it, there were times when You was able to listen almost only to that type of music in most of media receivers. Now through them, all You can listen is music which is impossible to make if the battery level is too low.

Étienne

Quote from: Ezy Ryder on March 15, 2010, 04:01:36 PM
Think 'bout it, there were times when You was able to listen almost only to that type of music in most of media receivers. Now through them, all You can listen is music which is impossible to make if the battery level is too low.

Culture has to move forward. Nowadays we ride metal horses. And those you can't ride with low battery either.

'Itan Atxur

The beautiful thing about music is that theirs so much of it out there everybody gets what they want.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE