M2K's Music Theory Thread

Started by Emtokay, October 04, 2010, 12:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emtokay

I thought that I'd start a music theory thread.
So if anyone has any music theory related questions etc. post it here and I'm sure that I or other musicaly trained people could be able to give an answer
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Elektrolurch

Okay. :D

Me and a friend want to start a biiiig music project in which every single instrument we can get should be used.. and the styles shall be everything from classical music to death metal. with jazz, blues and rock in between.
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Emtokay

That would sound like a great fusion project to do. Let me know if you get any recordings done

Elektrolurch

We will. :) But it might take a while.. we don't have any hardware now.
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato)

Ahh Txantsan!!! I am a Music Major, just started in August. I'm in Music Theory 1 at the moment....I had never had much knowledge in MUT before, and so far, I like it :) We are working on interval inversions now, well, today.

Emtokay

I found out my marks from this years Music course at school. I'm sitting on a HA-2 (which is the equivalent to an A)

My highest mark was in music analysis, and lowest in composition.

Ahh thats good you know your grade....My Professor never EVER updates stuff, changed the syllabus like 5 times, keeps all the papers we turn in, and doesnt grade them, and its just chaos :l BUT, I learn a lot by asking people :P

Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake

Studying music really sounds fun.
And i just started learning the guitar two weeks ago, so i'm slowly getting there. ^_^

Quote from: Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake on December 02, 2010, 05:42:40 PM
Studying music really sounds fun.
And i just started learning the guitar two weeks ago, so i'm slowly getting there. ^_^
Txantsan. :D I remember when I played my guitar often...I miss it. Have fun though, and make that fingers' skin get tough lol :D

Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake

Txantsan. :D I remember when I played my guitar often...I miss it. Have fun though, and make that fingers' skin get tough lol :D
[/quote]
lol, when i start practising chords! lol xD
You should start playing again. :)

I have the s*** guitar in the world that i bought a few years back from Target, and it has a big neck which is terrible for my small hands- small for a female too, lol.

Quote from: Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake on December 02, 2010, 05:57:23 PM

lol, when i start practising chords! lol xD
You should start playing again. :)

I have the s***test guitar in the world that i bought a few years back from Target, and it has a big neck which is terrible for my small hands- small for a female too, lol.

[/quote]
Ahh yes, the chords hrh :D And I will after this semester is over, I *need* to hrh And oh noes, you should get a new one if you are planning to stick with it. :D

Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake

[/quote]
Ahh yes, the chords hrh :D And I will after this semester is over, I *need* to hrh And oh noes, you should get a new one if you are planning to stick with it. :D
[/quote]

Cool. :D
I definitely will when i have the cash, and i'm saving for a weighted keyboard too.

Ohh txantsan. :D Are you taking private lessons, or school? Ome, recently in my campus, for piano class, we got a new piano studio. It sounds aaaaaaamazing lol

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake

Quote from: Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato) on December 02, 2010, 06:26:34 PM
Ohh txantsan. :D Are you taking private lessons, or school? Ome, recently in my campus, for piano class, we got a new piano studio. It sounds aaaaaaamazing lol

I decided to go with private lessons coz they're better and not slack.
Oh, awesome, i wish i had a piano like that, lol.

Eyamsiyu

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Quote from: Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake on December 03, 2010, 12:08:19 AM
Quote from: Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato) on December 02, 2010, 06:26:34 PM

Yes, when they are private its better, since it one on one. :) And me too lol It feel like an ear massage with sound bahaha :P And I had my first College recital today.....that was so nerve wrecking hrh And all my friends and classmates did so awesome, I love studying music, even though it can be a pain in the txìm. Speaking of such.....I have a lot of music theory hw to do this weekend....THATS not fun. -.-

Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake

Quote from: Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato) on December 03, 2010, 02:36:24 PM

Yes, when they are private its better, since it one on one. :) And me too lol It feel like an ear massage with sound bahaha :P And I had my first College recital today.....that was so nerve wrecking hrh And all my friends and classmates did so awesome, I love studying music, even though it can be a pain in the txìm. Speaking of such.....I have a lot of music theory hw to do this weekend....THATS not fun. -.-

lol, nice way to put it. xD
I'm sure you did well! Sounds like good fun. I would love to study music in America for some reason, seems really inviting and enthusiastic.
Yeah homework can be a massive pain in the txim. lol

Quote from: Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake on December 04, 2010, 01:18:57 AM
Quote from: Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato) on December 03, 2010, 02:36:24 PM

I'm sure you did well! Sounds like good fun. I would love to study music in America for some reason, seems really inviting and enthusiastic.
Ah txantsan! What Country do you live in, if you donnt mind me asking? :D And I would love to study music in Europe, I have friends who have done it there, and they like it. :D And I did well in the recital, I thought I was going to pass out haha XD

Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake

Quote from: Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato) on December 04, 2010, 09:56:22 AM
Quote from: Oel_Ngati_Kameie_Jake on December 04, 2010, 01:18:57 AM

Ah txantsan! What Country do you live in, if you donnt mind me asking? :D And I would love to study music in Europe, I have friends who have done it there, and they like it. :D And I did well in the recital, I thought I was going to pass out haha XD

Australia. :D
Good thing you didn't pass out! haha