Metal Heads

Started by Txuraeyktan, August 09, 2010, 07:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Mìhìl Taronyu on January 26, 2011, 01:32:39 PM
Do I have to shoot it or does everyone have to have seen it? I tried doing this while others were closing barriers, but no song came up.

Maybe there's more meteor rocks than we know of  ????

Or maybe you did it wrong? I'm not trying to accuse you. Actually, it's probably my fault  :P. I've forgot to mention you have to press the action/reload-button while pointing your crosshairs at the meteor rock (action/reload-button being X on Xbox 360 and Square on PS3).
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tiaothi

Quote from: Kelkuyä Eyktan on January 19, 2011, 05:25:01 PM

I IRL HRH'd at "Cookie Monster-style" xD Any examples of this Cookie Monster style? :P

If you like that term "Cookie monster vocals" then you'll love this ...

BRIAN POSEHN - "Metal By Numbers"
"Of everything I've lost, I miss my mind the most"

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Tiaothi on January 29, 2011, 11:50:01 AM
Quote from: Kelkuyä Eyktan on January 19, 2011, 05:25:01 PM

I IRL HRH'd at "Cookie Monster-style" xD Any examples of this Cookie Monster style? :P

If you like that term "Cookie monster vocals" then you'll love this ...

BRIAN POSEHN - "Metal By Numbers"

Lulz  ;D! Loved it  ;D! Particularly at the part where everyone took their shirts off and the singer went like: ``Could you please put your shirts back on? It's kinda gross.´´  ;D.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Ma Kelkuyä Eyktan: Here's some pics. of me. I know i failed at my last attempt to upload  :(. I took these (Well, my dad did  ;D.) especially to show you how i look. I took the opportunity to dress up in the outfit i intend to wear at Metaltown:

FYI: The stain on the shirt is a food stain. I case you might've mistaken it for something else  ::)...

Emtokay

Can I have some of that weed in the big bag under the stairs?
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Yeah, knock yourself out  ;D!

(It's really just hay for my rabbit  ;D.)

Emtokay

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Anyone here heard of Red?

I'm not sure their music really is Metal. To me they sound more Hard Rock. I would classify them as Post-Grunge Alt. Hard Rock, but i do recognize some similarities with NU-Metal . According to Spotify, one of their inspirations is Linkin Park.

Take a listen to this song from their sophomore: Innocence And Instinct (2009): RED - Confession (Lyrics)

IMO the (brutal  ;D) riffs at 0.09-0.25 reminds me of the riffs from the beginning of Godsmack's Straight Out Of Line, which in itself doesn't make them NU-Metal but maybe NU-Metal-ish  :-\?

What do you think  ????

Emtokay

Godsmack is Post Grunge. I'd say they're more Post Grunge then anything.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Emtokay on January 30, 2011, 06:16:36 PM

But aren't the terms ``Grunge´´ and ``Post-Grunge´´ only applied to Hard Rock and not Metal  ????

Cus' i'm 99.99 % sure Godsmack aren't Hard Rock, they're Metal (NU-/Alt. to be precise. They've been refered to as Disturbed's closest contemporary.).

Kelkuyä Eyktan

Awesome pics Palulukan!  8) ;D I see you have longer hair now than in your avatar. ;) I myself will let my somewhat short hair grow as much it can till the summer. :P I've heard D vitamins can be an asset to hair growth. Can anyone confirm that?

Anyone else agree with me that the riff at 0:57 have a very chaos-like feel to it? The way it sounds just makes me think like everything is in chaos and out of control. Tbh, I've never heard a riff deliver this sort of madness in its tune. I was actually shocked the first time I heard it, and now I love it! :D

Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibition

Anyone heard of Legion of the Damned? They're a Thrash metal band from Holland. They have a very old school feel. Fast riffs, fast pace, lots of double bass and a solid beat to all their songs. :)

Legion of the damned - Death's head march

And aside from the new stuff above, here's an old classic!  ;D Absolutely love the awesome vocals Rob does in the chorus! "Here comes the metal meltdown, RUN, for your life!" *goosebumps" LOVE IT! ^_^ And then the break at 2:41, with the scream, is pure killer! Best part in song IMO  ;D

Judas Priest- Metal Meltdown with lyrics

Emtokay

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on January 31, 2011, 05:41:12 AM
Quote from: Emtokay on January 30, 2011, 06:16:36 PM

But aren't the terms ``Grunge´´ and ``Post-Grunge´´ only applied to Hard Rock and not Metal  ????

Cus' i'm 99.99 % sure Godsmack aren't Hard Rock, they're Metal (NU-/Alt. to be precise. They've been refered to as Disturbed's closest contemporary.).

Alter Bridge have the same style as them and they've got metal songs and non metal songs just like Godsmack which makes them fall into the category of Post-Grunge.

Emtokay

Bands that cross that area where they're Post Grunge also have the feel of Nu-Metal and all of that other e...err.er stuff.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Kelkuyä Eyktan on January 31, 2011, 10:43:02 AM
Awesome pics Palulukan!  8) ;D I see you have longer hair now than in your avatar. ;) I myself will let my somewhat short hair grow as much it can till the summer. :P I've heard D vitamins can be an asset to hair growth. Can anyone confirm that?

Anyone else agree with me that the riff at 0:57 have a very chaos-like feel to it? The way it sounds just makes me think like everything is in chaos and out of control. Tbh, I've never heard a riff deliver this sort of madness in its tune. I was actually shocked the first time I heard it, and now I love it! :D

Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibition

Dang long song, that is  :o! Are they Thrash, by any chance  :-\?

About my hair: The makeup prototype pics was taken last summer, so there has obviously been some time for it to grow  ;D! That doesn't mean i never cut it. Every now and then, i go to a barber to trim my hair so it doesn't grow to an uneven length and to ``refresh´´ the damaged tips of hairs. I hope i'll have cornrows (or something similar) one day  ;D!

Kelkuyä Eyktan

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on February 01, 2011, 03:12:22 PM

Dang long song, that is  :o! Are they Thrash, by any chance  :-\?

About my hair: The makeup prototype pics was taken last summer, so there has obviously been some time for it to grow  ;D! That doesn't mean i never cut it. Every now and then, i go to a barber to trim my hair so it doesn't grow to an uneven length and to ``refresh´´ the damaged tips of hairs. I hope i'll have cornrows (or something similar) one day  ;D!

I see you are not too used with long songs :P That tends to happen around the newer genres of metal which I get you are listening to. (Korn, Limp Bizkit, Alternative metal, Nu Metal etc.) I would say long songs is nothing more but normal to me now :) Here the other day I listened to Waters of Ain by Watain. 14:29 min long. Had no problem listening to it, and it is a great song! ;D But that song I posted isn't thaaat special in length. As much as I have listened to Metallica, I am VERY used to their +7 min songs. I just can't really see how people can think length as a problem sometimes. (not saying you are.) But I have seen people despising Metallica for having too long songs :/

And yes, they are Thrash. I don't understand what else they could be O_o Supposedly you haven't listened to Thrash metal as much as me. I know Thrash when I hear it.

Well I'm gonna make damn sure that I don't get an haircut in the last year or two. (Perhaps one exception if I need to thin it out. My hair tends to get really thick and fatty -_-) I'm sure cornrows would look great, but not on me ;) I want traditional long thrash metal headbanging hair! ;D ;D

One of the top most brutal songs I've heard! The main riff is sick! ... no really, it sounds mental O.o

Hate Eternal - "I, Monarch"

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Kelkuyä Eyktan on February 01, 2011, 03:33:36 PM
Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on February 01, 2011, 03:12:22 PM

Dang long song, that is  :o! Are they Thrash, by any chance  :-\?

About my hair: The makeup prototype pics was taken last summer, so there has obviously been some time for it to grow  ;D! That doesn't mean i never cut it. Every now and then, i go to a barber to trim my hair so it doesn't grow to an uneven length and to ``refresh´´ the damaged tips of hairs. I hope i'll have cornrows (or something similar) one day  ;D!

I see you are not too used with long songs :P That tends to happen around the newer genres of metal which I get you are listening to. (Korn, Limp Bizkit, Alternative metal, Nu Metal etc.) I would say long songs is nothing more but normal to me now :) Here the other day I listened to Waters of Ain by Watain. 14:29 min long. Had no problem listening to it, and it is a great song! ;D But that song I posted isn't thaaat special in length. As much as I have listened to Metallica, I am VERY used to their +7 min songs. I just can't really see how people can think length as a problem sometimes. (not saying you are.) But I have seen people despising Metallica for having too long songs :/

And yes, they are Thrash. I don't understand what else they could be O_o Supposedly you haven't listened to Thrash metal as much as me. I know Thrash when I hear it.

Well I'm gonna make damn sure that I don't get an haircut in the last year or two. (Perhaps one exception if I need to thin it out. My hair tends to get really thick and fatty -_-) I'm sure cornrows would look great, but not on me ;) I want traditional long thrash metal headbanging hair! ;D ;D

One of the top most brutal songs I've heard! The main riff is sick! ... no really, it sounds mental O.o

Hate Eternal - "I, Monarch"

Oh, i am used to long songs (although not usually that long. Probably medium long, 5.30-7.00 min.). The longest song i've heard is Everything by Limp Bizkit on their debut Three Dollar Bill Y'all (1997): 16.27 min. long  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They had a lot of inspiration from White Noise Music (disturbance-on-the-radio, transmission-static kinda music) on that album. In just about every song they had distorted instruments (mostly guitars) and sorta popping, buzzing noices in the background sometimes. Well, in Everything, it was like that the entire song  :o! Fred Durst only sang about three sentences, and the it was just static... FOR THIRTEEN MINUTES  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boring as hell  >:(! If there's one song they've that sucked then it's (IMO) that one  >:(. I think i even figured i had time to go the bathroom to pee while the song was still playing, lol  :P. One long (Metallica-long) song i like, however, is My Gift To You by KoRn on Follow The Leader (1998). That song is 7.15 mins. long but i don't consider it boring. It's pretty good IMO. There's always something going on there, despite the length  ;D. One of my (kinda) favourite bands, the CCM Post-Grunge Alt. Hard Rock band Red, have IMO quite long songs. The so far only album i've listened to by them, their debut End Of Silence (2006), had most of it's song going over 5 mins. Coming to think of it, i think all songs that are over 4.20 mins. are long lol  :P! That doesn't necessarily mean they're boring. I don't mind long songs, as long as their length doesn't come with a sideorder of boredom  ;D.

About the hair: I too like to thin out my hair, 'cus my hair is quite thick and can be hard to brush and clean. And, about the dreads: Two main things have inspired me to want having freads: KoRn (a tiny bit) but mostly: The Na'vi  ;D! Although in the latter case, i'd like to just have a couple of cornrow hanging down here and there (like Jake did to his hair), 'cus otherwise i'd look like a girl  :P  ;D!

Emtokay

If you want long songs check out A Change of Seasons by Dream Theatre which clocks inat 23 minutes

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Emtokay on February 03, 2011, 07:15:43 PM
If you want long songs check out A Change of Seasons by Dream Theatre which clocks inat 23 minutes

WTF  :o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelkuyä Eyktan

Korven Kunigas by Korpiklaani is at 24 minutes ;) But the length is fooling you. The last 18 minutes are just a repeated drum pattern playing, over and over again.

I by Meshuggah is at 21 minuters. You will seriously s**t you pants by this song.

Meshuggah - I

The second part is blocked by WMG copyright. -__- Here's a guy covering the two other parts anyway...

In an interview with their drummer, Tomas Hakke, the interviewer asked if they would ever play I live. He answered with:"No, because no one knows how it goes." With that said, this song is the mother of random patterned songs :D I mean, try remembering that intro... any luck?