Metal Heads

Started by Txuraeyktan, August 09, 2010, 07:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Human No More

Quote from: Tsäroltxe (Tskalepä Tsamsiyu) on November 11, 2010, 08:34:33 PM
Quote from: Human No More on November 11, 2010, 08:01:27 AM
Metalhead here \m/

Gigs I've been to recently: Sabaton (with Alestorm and Thaurorod) - no photos :( , but it was an amazing gig, didn't know Thaurorod before but listen to them now, had seen Sabaton before and they played really well, had been meaning to see Alestorm live for ages.

Korpiklaani (no support, their support band had to cancel so they played a really long set ;D)
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4259/imag0088j.jpg
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/3391/imag0091q.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7537/imag0128vz.jpg

Also been to various local bands where I know at least some of the members of most of them, some of them are really good :)
How was Korpiklaani?  They are awesome. :D :D :D
Amazing gig, they played all the songs you'd expect, there's nothing quite like the crowd managing to headbang, sing AND drink at the same time during 'Beer Beer' ;D
I wanted to make sure I was prepared so I got 3 beers before they came on and got complimented by the guy standing next to me on my ability to hold 3 beers at once while checking my phone :P
Saw them at Bloodstock this year too, where they had possibly the most crowdsurfers I've ever seen at once and I stood right at the front.
Other highlights of Bloodstock were Opeth, Ensiferum, Edguy, Cannibal Corpse, Gorgoroth, Bloodbath and Ross The Boss. Sonata Arctica were a minor disappointment as I prefer their old stuff and they played too much of their new stuff, but they weren't actually bad, and I did catch a pick from them :)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

NaviFreedomFighter

Quote from: Emtokay on November 11, 2010, 07:33:42 AM
I've got pics in a thread in this music board if you want to have a look
cool which thread? Oh and less then on week till Metallica!!!!  :) :) :) *devil horns* rock on!!!!!
Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you
My Na'vi Name is Ka'apeha
Tokx tsa'u uniltìranyu Slä my Ronsem si tirea na'vi
(I have the body of a dreamwalker, but my mind and spirit are Na'vi)

Away from November 3-15th (Final exams)

Emtokay

If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

I've been to a festival yesterday, I have some audiorecords, but they're very very bad. :-( I can get some pics later.

Swokéyan

I just totally love Japanese metal and rock.
Which most of the metal heads seem to hate though ;D
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato)

Ahh J-Rock :D Dir En Grey is one of my favs, and they are definitely metal, J-Rock is more like The Gazette, etc..IMO.

Human No More

So, who is excited for Turisas' new album? ;D

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Quote from: Human No More on November 17, 2010, 04:42:53 PM
They have a new one?! ;D What's it called?

NaviFreedomFighter

Emotkay I saw Metallica this previous Saturday, they were amazing!!!! I loved the colored flames they had, and the fire, it was louder then any other concert I had been to. I checked out your pics you got some pretty good ones especially of James , I windmilled so much that night and I couldnt speak the next day but it was so worth it. Btw I am a chick  :) :D
Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you

Emtokay

I'm jealous of the Melbourne shows. I wanted to see Trapped Under Ice and Shortest Straw. One of the Melbourne shows got both iirc. And you also go Ktulu in it's entirety

NaviFreedomFighter

Quote from: Emtokay on November 24, 2010, 01:42:06 AM
I'm jealous of the Melbourne shows. I wanted to see Trapped Under Ice and Shortest Straw. One of the Melbourne shows got both iirc. And you also go Ktulu in it's entirety
iirc? ktulu? what are they?

Emtokay

iirc = if I remember correctly

and Ktulu is just short for a song of Ride The Lightning called The Call of Ktulu

Human No More

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on November 17, 2010, 06:46:58 PM
Quote from: Human No More on November 17, 2010, 04:42:53 PM
They have a new one?! ;D What's it called?
Stand Up And Fight. It was announced a while ago although I knew it was coming for a couple of months.
It's only out Jan 31st though :( , but if any previews are out or anything gets leaked, I'll let people here know too :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman

Eyamsiyu

Coming it a little bit late, I will say that I love my metal too... but from the artists named here, it seems my tastes are a little bit different.  A video of my favorite metal song, most likely:

August Burns Red - Composure (LIVE HQ)

What I love most about this video is probably the fact that all the guitartists are rockin' it in flippy-floppys. ;)

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Another metalhead here  ;D! I love the fact that there is a thread dedicated to all metal fans here on LN.

I like most forms of metal (even though i haven't really listened to that many bands) but my favorite sub-genre is, absolutely-definately, NU-metal (including bands with NU-metal roots, i.e. Disturbed). And i'm not just talking about the rap-metal hybrid but also the unique riffs (distorted guitars etc.) and the (usually) electronic background music.

Thanks for this awsome thread  ;D
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Welcome to the metal-land. :D

Do you like death metal? ;D

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on November 27, 2010, 12:01:49 AM

Kaltxì, ma Tsäroltxe. If i know correctly what death metal is then, yes, i like it. I've heard it's closely related to both doom metal and thrash metal. I.e: in my hometown, Gothenburg, We have something called ``Göteborgs-döds´´, or in English, ``Gothenburg-death´´, which is a sub-genre of death-metal which has influences from techno and screamo, amongst other things.

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on November 27, 2010, 02:20:56 AM

Kaltxì, ma Tsäroltxe. If i know correctly what death metal is then, yes, i like it. I've heard it's closely related to both doom metal and thrash metal. I.e: in my hometown, Gothenburg, We have something called ``Göteborgs-döds´´, or in English, ``Gothenburg-death´´, which is a sub-genre of death-metal which has influences from techno and screamo, amongst other things.

Oooh, you are from the Melodeath factory!!! Awesome! :D

Emtokay

Over all, I'm a Thrash Metal fan. Hence I will probably see 3/4 of the Thrash Metal Giants, and maybe again all at once if the Big 4 tour kicks off again and comes down under

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on November 27, 2010, 10:57:53 PM
Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on November 27, 2010, 02:20:56 AM

Oooh, you are from the Melodeath factory!!! Awesome! :D

Hahaha! Melodeath factory  :D! Good one  ;D!

I don't listen that much to Death Metal, even if i'd like to. Don't know why  :-\. There was this band, Dead By April, that i used to listen to, but then i realised that their music wasn't my sort of thing. I still think they're talented, though. They write their own lyrics and their instruments blend together nicely. If you like ``Göteborgs-döds´´, than i strongly recommend them for you.