Metal Heads

Started by Txuraeyktan, August 09, 2010, 07:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Mìhìl Taronyu on March 20, 2011, 03:55:11 AM
I used to be a big fan, but I'm not anymore, they're music atm does not meet my expectations for a rockband.

Ma Mìhìl, i completely agree with you. AFAIH, their sound changed drasticly at their third full-length, Minutes To Midnight (2007), because they wanted to (If everything a music reviewer appearing on Spotify says is true) ``be more mature´´, a very stupid and offensive decision, since that would be them basicly saying that Metal isn't mature and is just meant for angst-filled youth  >:(.

Linkin Park (Their current sound): A good example that originality and evolvment isn't always good.

BTW: I still love their stuff from before Minutes To Midnight, making them one of my favorite bands  ;D
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Human No More

Right now, I'm still listening to Manowar. Best gig ever ;D
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Emtokay

Listening to some riffs for my new Prog Djent Fusion group.
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Human No More

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Blind by KoRn on their self-titled debut (1994). This was how NU-Metal started  :o  ;D!

Korn - Blind

Look at the music video: KoRn's members (old lineup) where completely whacko, jumping around like a couple of monkeys on dope  :o!

Hope y'all enjoyed it  ;D!

Txur’Itan

2008, Opeth in San Francisco...

My boss is an enormous fan, and we went drinking with the band at the Bar next to where they played.

The Bar

Me Before I let my beard grow.

Pics of the Band and my Boss, taken with lousy Phone Camera.

私は太った男だ。

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

A song i heard on the radio in the car this friday: Perfectly Broken by Raisted Fist. Appearently they're swedish and Hardcore. Perhaps something Kelkuyä Eyktan would like  ;D.

Raised Fist - Perfectly broken

I like the punk-energy in this song and the riffs. However, i think the singer strain his voice a little too much, although he does a good job expressing his anger. Judging by the lyrics the song is a rant against our western consuming-oriented society and how many people will do extreme things to get rich and famous.

A new band i've never listened to before: Demon Hunter with the song Driving Nails on The World Is A Thorn (2010):

Demon Hunter- Driving Nails with lyrics

Thanks to Tanhì Mì Ton for making listen to this song. It's very beautiful  :)!

Human No More

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

I take it both Enisferum and Amon Amarth are Death Metal  ???? Although i might add that i think Enisferum also have a Folk Metal edge (Viking-style, that is.) These are the first songs i've heard from both bands respectively and although i'm not much of a Death Metal-fan i listen to it, like i do with all types of Metal, to, if nothing else, at least get a better grasp of what defines the subgenre.

Human No More

Ensiferum are folk metal, Amon Amarth are melodic death metal - usually similar vocals but a less extreme style, particularly in guitars - for some pure death metal, listen to Death or Cannibal Corpse. It was actually a slightly weird lineup, as Children of Bodom were there too although I'm not into them so much, so all the bands were different genres.

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

I figured Amon Amarth were Melodic Death Metal, given the fact that ``normal´´ Death Metal usually has different tempos on different instruments at once, while Melodic Death Metal has a ``Smoother´´ sound. I'm also under the impression that Melodic Death Metal usually has faster drumming.

Just askin': Are Enisferum Folk Metal and Folk Metal only or are they a cross-genre  ???? Cus' i think that, at least by listening to the song you posted, they are also Death Metal  ???.

Emtokay

They label themselves as Super Heroic Folk Metal. You can hear Melo Death, Folk Metal, Viking Metal and Power Metal in their songs.

Emtokay

Kelkuyä Eyktan

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on April 17, 2011, 04:10:12 AM
I figured Amon Amarth were Melodic Death Metal, given the fact that ``normal´´ Death Metal usually has different tempos on different instruments at once, while Melodic Death Metal has a ``Smoother´´ sound. I'm also under the impression that Melodic Death Metal usually has faster drumming.

Just askin': Are Enisferum Folk Metal and Folk Metal only or are they a cross-genre  ???? Cus' i think that, at least by listening to the song you posted, they are also Death Metal  ???.

I would say Amon Amarth are Melodic Viking Death Metal, not death metal, no. If you listen to Amon Amarth you clearly hear the repetitive (in a good way) use of melodical guitar patterns throughout most of their songs. And I have no idea where you've got the fact that Melo. DM has faster drumming  :-\ That is an very incorrect statement, since Death Metal of all kinds and subgenres (which I've listened to) are all using fast drums, even faster and more insane in any melo DM that I've heard. So... no. And I believe you're thinking a bit too academic on the issue. IMO, I think it's wrong to label a genre in specific ways as you do. I can't really explain it, but to justify a metal sub-genre of something you've heard is sort of wrong to me. Listen to it and THEN state your OWN view. Relying on what others say is not a good source (since everyone thinks different.)

And about Ensiferum; I've listened to Ensiferums entire discography and never picked up any strong death metal references in it. Maybe just that the vocalist tend to growl a lot in their songs, but besides that, they sound pretty standard. To me they're an thrash (their speed)/folk (strong references of folklike themes/melodies) /power (melodic lead guitar (in most of their songs)) metal band.  ;) But I can't see why this is so important though.  Korpiklaani is a great example of "pure" Folk/Booze Metal. Finntroll is more a Black/Folk metal band, but with a strong theme of folklike troll tales. 

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

QuoteAnd I believe you're thinking a bit too academic on the issue. IMO, I think it's wrong to label a genre in specific ways as you do. I can't really explain it, but to justify a metal sub-genre of something you've heard is sort of wrong to me. Listen to it and THEN state your OWN view. Relying on what others say is not a good source (since everyone thinks different.)

Well, i don't think i judge things i haven't heard before  :-\. It's just that i sometimes wonder how representative a band is for their sub-genre, and if you can pick up some common things in that sub-genre by listening to said band's music.

And, well... Thanks for the advice  :).

Kelkuyä Eyktan

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on April 20, 2011, 02:52:53 PM

Well, i don't think i judge things i haven't heard before  :-\. It's just that i sometimes wonder how representative a band is for their sub-genre, and if you can pick up some common things in that sub-genre by listening to said band's music.

And, well... Thanks for the advice  :).

Aha, I understand it better now. Don't got much to comment on though. No problem man ;)

Will see these guys at Metaltown this summer  ;D

deicide - the stench of redemption

Emtokay

In metal news. Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have left Nevermore which in simple words means the band is no more. This is a sad day.

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Lmao at the vid. you posted, ma Txur  >:(! There's another vid. i've seen on youtube with a growling pet, only this time it's a Death Metal Kitteh  ;D! Search the words ``death metal kitty´´ or something  :-\. It's hilarious  ;D!

A song i heard on a friends computer a couple of days ago: Crusify Me by Bring Me The Horizon on There Is A Hell, Believe Me, I've Seen It, There Is A Heaven, Let's Keep It A Secret (2010). Said friend of mine thinks they're good and althought i'm not that much into Emo, i must say: I think this song gives me a good first impression  :).

Bring Me The Horizon - Crucify Me [HQ] [Lyrics in description]

I keep wondering what symbolics the album cover stands for. I've listened to this song with lyrics and judging by the lyrics the song has a Christian message. In that case, the split body of the woman could mean the duality of Heaven and Hell, the ``damaged´´ side being Hell and the ``Pure´´ side being Heaven, respectivly. The mask could mean that whatever our destiny may be, Hell or Heaven, it's clouded and invisible and become what we make of it. The dagger could be the torment and pain that Hell brings and the keys could be the key to our salvation, due to the fact that the dagger is held by Hell and the keys are held by Heaven. The lock on the chest could mean that you have to search your soul (hence on the chest, near the heart.) and find your destiny.

What do you guys think  ????

Bring Me The Horizon is coming to Metaltown this year. I hope to explore their music further by watching them play there  :).

BTW: I haz ticketz to Metaltown w00t  ;D!

Emtokay

I don't like BMTH at all, I hate them but Jona is a cool person, I know him, have a chat every now and then.