Metal Heads

Started by Txuraeyktan, August 09, 2010, 07:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelkuyä Eyktan

Quote from: Emtokay on April 24, 2011, 01:05:52 AM
I don't like BMTH at all, I hate them but Jona is a cool person, I know him, have a chat every now and then.

I can say the very same. I might just go and listen to them at metaltown, but I don't expect much. You can either say that I honestly don't care a thing about them or that I with love despise them. Most of times I don't like putting too much effort and energy on something I hate/dislike, I just... ignore it.

BLOODBATH!!! Swedish musical skillz demonstrated once again!  ;D

Bloodbath - Eaten

Bloodbath - Outnumbering The Day

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Kelkuyä Eyktan on April 24, 2011, 03:59:38 AM
I don't like BMTH at all, I hate them but Jona is a cool person, I know him, have a chat every now and then.

I can say the very same. I might just go and listen to them at metaltown, but I don't expect much. You can either say that I honestly don't care a thing about them or that I with love despise them. Most of times I don't like putting too much effort and energy on something I hate/dislike, I just... ignore it.

Not to be rude, ma Emtokay, but no one asked for your opinion. To me it just seems worthless to state that you hate something someone else likes because it's simply being brought up. It's like what happens all the time on Youtube  >:(! I.E: If you look at a clip of music from Disturbed and look at the comments section, you'll probably find at least one person saying it sucks. Completely, utterly pointless  >:(!

Speaking of Disturbed:

Disturbed - Sickened (lyrics)

This song is called Sickened and it's not officially featured on any of their albums. I do, however, recognize some traces of the Ten Thousand Fists-sound, so i'm guessing this song is a B-Side on that album. The lyrics are IMO very cryptic and complicated (in a good way.). Really love the symbolism of it all  ;D
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kelkuyä Eyktan

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on April 24, 2011, 03:02:52 PM
Quote from: Kelkuyä Eyktan on April 24, 2011, 03:59:38 AM

Not to be rude, ma Emtokay, but no one asked for your opinion. To me it just seems worthless to state that you hate something someone else likes because it's simply being brought up. It's like what happens all the time on Youtube  >:(! I.E: If you look at a clip of music from Disturbed and look at the comments section, you'll probably find at least one person saying it sucks. Completely, utterly pointless  >:(!

Everyone are entitled to their own opinion and to mention them as they like. It's not a worthless statement, he's simply giving his own opinion. I said myself that I'm not so fond of them either. Just because ones opinion isn't as positive as others doesn't give it any less worth. And look, Disturbed aren't the only ones on youtube. ;) This here aren't that kind of posts. Those are very obviously disrespecting, it's not that hard to notice if one is trolling or not.

To finalize all this: Just because someone state something non-positive about *something*, doesn't mean that they disrespect it. I respect others opinion, but in the same time, others should respect my opinion as well, even though it may not be of their liking. Think about that.

Emtokay

I said I don't like the band but Jona from the band is a cool guy, how is that spamming?

And I come to say that because I live in Australia which is a country which is full of scene and core bands. That's why I hate the bands like BMTH and August Burns Red. I'm jealous that you get to live in Europe and be able to experience and hear all those different types of metal.
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Sorry if i acted a bit agressive before  :(. It's just that i hate it when people barge into a discussion which they aren't part of and give comments unasked for  >:(. Like when you said this:

Quote from: Teylar Ta PalulukankelkuPosting here to get the thread going. And, also:

The Rapcore band Limp Bizkit, if you've heard their music, would you consider some of their drum beats blastbeats? I remember Eyamsiyu (Can't remember which thread.) saying blastbeats are common in Hardcore. One of my friends, who consider Limp Bizkit one of his favourite bands, claims some of their drum beats are blastbeats. I'm uncertain about this, since what he defines as a ``Hardcore-blastbeat´´ sounds very different from the blastbeats of Death Metal.

Could someone enlighten me about this? If you need Youtube vids. as reference, just ask  ;D.

Quote from: Kelkuyä EyktanSo far I've heard Blast Beats stay Blast Beats Oo But go ahead and post a vid as example :p

Quote from: EmtokayAccording to the Metal Archives
Limp Biskit and that genre are not counted as Metal

following bands are not accepted as Metal

Mallcore, also known as "nu-metal" by some (ex: Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Drowning Pool, Slipknot)
Metalcore, unless it's clearly more metal than core (e.g Shadows Fall, The Red Chord, Killswitch Engage are OK: Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Bullet For My Valentine are NOT). If you are uncertain, best avoid metalcore bands altogether.
Glam rock (ex: Poison, Whitesnake, KISS)
Classic rock (ex: Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep)
Progressive rock (ex: Yes, King Crimson, The Flower Kings, Spock's Beard)
Hard rock (ex: Guns 'N Roses, AC/DC, Alice Cooper)
Hardcore (ex: Earth Crisis, Converge)
Grindcore (and all its variants; noise, crust, etc) with little to zero metal influence (ex: Anal c***, Libido Airbag)
Punk (ex: The Misfits, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols)
Gothic rock (ex: Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Fields of Nephilim)
Industrial (ex: Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein, KMFDM, N17)
Cover/tribute/gimmick bands (ex: The Iron Maidens, Catch the Rainbow), unless they start as such and eventually write their own music

You basicly trashed said band, saying it wasn't ``real´´ Metal when Kelkuyä and me where discussing it in a Metal-thread, and so i feel a bit distrustful to you. Felt like you just barged in. Sorry to say this, but to me you seemed like a Besserwisser at that point, and i hate Besserwissers, thinking they always know best, condemning every opinion different from their own  >:(!

Or maybe my Besserwisser-detector is a bit too senitive  :P!

Back to the ``Fngap´´:

A song i heard on the radio a few days ago: Cryin' Like A b****! by Godsmack. This song gave me a good first impression.

Enjoy  ;D!

godsmack-cryin like a b**** with lyrics

I bet our beloved moderator Ftiafpi likes this  ;D!

Emtokay

If you read that it shows that I'm wrong by saying Excluding bands a b c etc. I contradicted myself in my own post.

Moving on. I'm watching this awsome piece of dvd I picked up today.

The Big 4 - trailer - from the DVD coming November 2nd!

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

You contradicted yourself? How  ???? Sorry to say this, but i thought you seemed dead serious because you seemed like a purist to me  :(.

Txur’Itan

It seems a bit out of synch, but this was cool to listen to, some of it was very nostalgic sounding.

10 Genres of Metal in 3 Minutes
私は太った男だ。

Emtokay

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on April 30, 2011, 03:27:17 PM
You contradicted yourself? How  ???? Sorry to say this, but i thought you seemed dead serious because you seemed like a purist to me  :(.

I am a purist, but I contradicted cause I read the quote wrong, I thought back the ex meant by example and I wasn't thinking at all.

I still go by Core being more then punk less then metal and the linkin park stuff being more mainstream hard rock or whatever. Let's not do a Dave Mustaine on this forum and just move on with this thread.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Emtokay on May 01, 2011, 12:14:27 AM
Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on April 30, 2011, 03:27:17 PM
You contradicted yourself? How  ???? Sorry to say this, but i thought you seemed dead serious because you seemed like a purist to me  :(.

I am a purist, but I contradicted cause I read the quote wrong, I thought back the ex meant by example and I wasn't thinking at all.

I still go by Core being more then punk less then metal and the linkin park stuff being more mainstream hard rock or whatever. Let's not do a Dave Mustaine on this forum and just move on with this thread.

Ah, now i understand  :P  ;D! Everything is NU-Metal exept Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Drowning Pool and Slipknot  :P  ;D! Seriously though, i'm still a little annoyed by your lack of acceptance. I mean, i don't like all types of Metal but i still consider them Metal, just not Metal sub-genres that i like. Me not liking something doesn't mean don't think it should be allowed to exist.

BTW: Who is Dave Mustaine and what did he do  ????

Emtokay

Dave Mustaine was the FIRST Lead Guitarist for Metallica. He got the sack so they got Kirk Hammett. Mustaine was pissed and started Megadeth. He then had feuds with Metallicas Lars Ulrich (drummer) James Hetfield (Singer, rhythm guitars) Kirk Hammett. Also with Kerry King (Slayer) and numerous others. You can read some here. He also had feuds with people in his band.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Mustaine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Mustaine_feuds_and_rivalries

That's what I mean by doing a Dave Mustaine and just being childish over bands and metal. He has now gone on to do the Big 4 tour with Slayer, Metallica and Anthrax. All he had to say was, "I don't want to fix the relationships with the other bands, I wish that we can forget it and start all over again."

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Emtokay on May 01, 2011, 02:33:14 AM
Dave Mustaine was the FIRST Lead Guitarist for Metallica. He got the sack so they got Kirk Hammett. Mustaine was pissed and started Megadeth. He then had feuds with Metallicas Lars Ulrich (drummer) James Hetfield (Singer, rhythm guitars) Kirk Hammett. Also with Kerry King (Slayer) and numerous others. You can read some here. He also had feuds with people in his band.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Mustaine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Mustaine_feuds_and_rivalries

That's what I mean by doing a Dave Mustaine and just being childish over bands and metal. He has now gone on to do the Big 4 tour with Slayer, Metallica and Anthrax. All he had to say was, "I don't want to fix the relationships with the other bands, I wish that we can forget it and start all over again."

Really  ????! Lol, he must have been some hatemongerer  :P  ;D!

And: I'm sorry for all of this ranting  :(. You're right, we should move on  :).

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Txur'Itan on April 30, 2011, 09:44:07 PM
It seems a bit out of synch, but this was cool to listen to, some of it was very nostalgic sounding.

Cool video and cool riffs  ;D! Thanks for posting this interesting analysis, ma Txur  ;D!

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

I saw that before, about a year ago I think, I liked it kinda.
Been to a hardcore party yesterday, and going to heavy metal party today, it's in preperation of our province's Vlamrock festival, there's a Hardcore stage and a Metal stage, this is where 10 hardcore and metalbands get the chance to be on that stage on the festival.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Txur'Itan on April 30, 2011, 09:44:07 PM

I'm a little surprised, however, that this guy calls the first genre, Glam Rock, Metal  ???.

Emtokay

Glam Metal is correct, it's like extremely early Pantera and Van Halen. Also Motley Crue

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

So it isn't Metal, right  ????

Human No More

You could argue that, although as bad as it may be, I would argue it is more deserving of the title than some.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

I never said it was bad. I only said that it isn't Metal. ``Glam Rock´´, you know  ???.

Emtokay

Glam Metal is also known as Hair Metal. I has acts such as Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, Steel Panther, Twisted Sister, W.A.S.P. Pretty much the Pop Metal bands with the outfits, spandex and hair. Guns N Roses can fit in here as well.