Metal Heads

Started by Txuraeyktan, August 09, 2010, 07:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Nope, band names for me to collect and add to my music list. 40,2Gb's now :/ trying to fill my hard drive.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Ok  :). Here's a couple that i like (You've probably heard about some of them before.): Linkin Park, Disturbed, Red, Evanescence, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Ektomorf, Lamb Of God, Bullet For My Valentine, Kiana, KoRn, Soilwork, Sepultura, Soulfly, Divine Heresy.

Hope that's helpful for ya'  :)!
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

I've heard of all of em before. Heheh, I have LP, Disturbed, Evenescense, Limp bizkit, Slipknot, BFMV, and Korn. I'll see what the others have, thanks. :)

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Nightwish
Epica
Within Temptation
Sonata Arctica
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan) on May 14, 2012, 06:23:36 PM
Nightwish
Epica
Within Temptation
Sonata Arctica

Was it perhaps intentional that all of the bands you mentioned above are Symphonic Metal  ???? Just curious  ;).

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä on May 14, 2012, 03:40:11 PM
I've heard of all of em before. Heheh, I have LP, Disturbed, Evenescense, Limp bizkit, Slipknot, BFMV, and Korn. I'll see what the others have, thanks. :)

Nìprrte, ma tsmukan  :)! I'd just like to point out that one of the bands i mentioned, Red, are IMO not Metal. The way i see it, they're more Hard Rock than Metal, with a sort of Linkin Park-ish sound. Just a FYI  ;).

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

I know Red isn't that heavy, and I also noticed, that the bands you mentioned, are the most generaly known bands, at least in my eyes. Do you have any folk metal/melodic death metal?

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on May 15, 2012, 02:18:07 PM
Quote from: Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan) on May 14, 2012, 06:23:36 PM
Nightwish
Epica
Within Temptation
Sonata Arctica

Was it perhaps intentional that all of the bands you mentioned above are Symphonic Metal  ???? Just curious  ;).

well, that is what i listen too so i guess  yea

sidenote...

WWWEEEEE ARRREEEE BBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Emtokay

*inhale*

Accecpt
AC/DC
Alter Bridge
Avantasia
Blind Guardian
Behemoth
Black Stone Cherry
Cacophony
Cradle of Filth
Children of Bodom
Amon Amarth
Visions of Atlantis
Ensiferum
Wintersun
METALLICA
DREAM THEATER
ICED EARTH
NEVERMORE
SLAYER
RHAPSODY OF FIRE
EPICA
Kamelot
Primal Fear
Soundgarden
Derdian
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Emtokay

That's all I could think off top of head, I'll revise the list when I find my iPod

Emtokay

Quote from: Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä on May 15, 2012, 03:25:44 PM
I know Red isn't that heavy, and I also noticed, that the bands you mentioned, are the most generaly known bands, at least in my eyes. Do you have any folk metal/melodic death metal?

Folk metal
Alestorm, Rhapsody off fire (have folk in them )
Finntroll, Eluveitie, Turisas, Tyr

MDM
Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
Carcass
Children of Bodom
Dark tranquility
Dethklok
Divine Heresy
Soilwork
Wintersun

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

I have alot of new stuff now, I got to 8274 songs, 53.8 GB's and 559 hours of music. Heheh, I really like this.

Human No More

Who's listening to Manowar's new album? ;D \m/

Manowar - The Lord Of Steel
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä on May 15, 2012, 03:25:44 PM

Oe omum, oe omum, i could've picked out some more unknown bands  :P. And Linkin Park aren't entirely Metal either IMO  :-\. More like 50/50 between Metal and Hard Rock.

I'm not that good when it comes to Folk Metal; I'm sure Emtokay is way more educated in that genre than i am, as you may have noticed  :P. However, here's some MeloDeath for ya'  :):

Hypocrisy, At The Gates, Skitarg, Scarpoint, Feared (All of these are Swedish. The last two bands feature to same guitarist, the musical mastermind Ola Englund, who recently became a full-time member of the American Death Metal band Six Feet Under, FYI  :D. I'd say that both Scarpoint and Feared are not entirely MeloDeath, but more of a 70/30 mix of MeloDeath and Groove Metal, with Scarpoint being musically similar to Meshuggah with their Djent-y sound.).

Quote from: Emtokay*inhale*

Accecpt
AC/DC
Alter Bridge
Avantasia
Blind Guardian
Behemoth
Black Stone Cherry
Cacophony
Cradle of Filth
Children of Bodom
Amon Amarth
Visions of Atlantis
Ensiferum
Wintersun
METALLICA
DREAM THEATER
ICED EARTH
NEVERMORE
SLAYER
RHAPSODY OF FIRE
EPICA
Kamelot
Primal Fear
Soundgarden
Derdian

Not all of these are Folk Metal/ MeloDeath, right  ???? I'm guessing you just posted the names of a random bunch of bands  ????

Quote from: Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)well, that is what i listen too so i guess  yea

sidenote...

WWWEEEEE ARRREEEE BBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Hmm, makes sense, i guess  :-\...

Hell yeah, we're back \nn/ >:( \nn/  :)!

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

So i was at Metaltown on June 15th, which was the first day of the festival's two days. I was planning on writing ``reviews´´ on the band's performances like i did last year but i won't for the following reason: The couple of days before i went to Metaltown i got a bugging cold (I believe that my possibly weak immune system in combination with my probable pollen allergy triggered this.) which i just couldn't get rid of, despite extensive use of herbal medication, ``nose drops´´ and lemon (which is rich with the immune system-boosting vitamin C). Nevertheless, i went to Metaltown that Friday with a couple of friends, and i was able to enjoy myself somewhat (although not nearly as much as last year), with my vocal-, headbanging- and moshing powers were severely limited by my infection. Still, i headbanged and moshed occasionally ``in mild doses´´ and i went home that night to come back to next morning. When i woke up i felt as if my face was burning, which made me suspect that i'd developed a fever and i decided to stay home, just in case (to my friends' disappointment), and since i didn't feel ``on top´´ the day i was there i feel that my reviews wouldn't be able to do the bands i saw perform justice.

Sorry, guys  :(. This may just sound like pretentious whining to you, but i say this to those that may have hoped for reviews in the way i wrote last year, plus i believe that as Metalheads you'll understand  :(.

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Had a 3day festival this weekend, and really enjoyed it, front row is best row!

I think this was taken at Powerwolf or Adrenaline Mob.

I'm the one with the GMM sweater and the hat. :)

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

ordered my dark moor cd a week and a half ago... still waiting

Human No More

Nice, Powerwolf \m/

Currently listening to some Amon Amarth again.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä on June 25, 2012, 04:37:54 AM

Awesome  :o :)! It occasionally looked like that at Metaltown when bands performed. The fence design, too, is reminiscent of the fences at Metaltown. And, boy, does that guy to the right of the center-most person in the photo look excited  :P ;D!

BTW: What's ``GMM´´  ????

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on June 25, 2012, 04:17:39 PM
Quote from: Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä on June 25, 2012, 04:37:54 AM

*snip*

Awesome  :o :)! It occasionally looked like that at Metaltown when bands performed. The fence design, too, is reminiscent of the fences at Metaltown. And, boy, does that guy to the right of the center-most person in the photo look excited  :P ;D!

BTW: What's ``GMM´´  ????

GMM is graspop metal meeting, a 3 day metal festival in Belgium, with 4 stages and plenty of bands.
People from all around the world visit this festival.
I even saw some Norwegians and Swedes on the camping.

These were the bands of this year http://www.graspop.be/nl/bands/days/index.html