Metal Heads

Started by Txuraeyktan, August 09, 2010, 07:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Then what is such drum beats called  ????
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on December 11, 2010, 07:34:24 AM
Then what is such drum beats called  ????

Well, the very first example you gave is actually nothing more than a "polka-beat" gone rock.  Which is VERY common amongst punk music.

The other examples, frankly, are not much more than just a groove.

A blast beat in it's raw form is something like in this video, starting at about 1:50 and going to 1:56
August Burns Red - "The Escape Artist"

Another variation is in this video at about 3:01:
August Burns Red - Matt Greiner - Composure live (audio synced) [HQ]

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Elektrolurch

I'm listening to every song you posted, ma tsmukan Eyamsiyu. ;D
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Kelkuyä Eyktan

What the man in the intro says  8)

Origin - INHUMAN

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Kelkuyä Eyktan

A polish metalhead guy on youtube, that I think every metalhead should check out, Infidelamsterdam! :) He has become like my one and all mighty metal guru :P He has awesome vids, awesome personality, awesome recommendation, awesome ideas... awesome opinions... long story made short: HE IS AWESOME! :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/Infidelamsterdam

A good example of some of his many opinions about metal... that are AWESOME! :)

And then a vid from a Origin concert he have  ;D

Seriously, check him out! :)

...... casue he is awesome ;D

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote``Anyone who isn't dead or from another plane of existence would do well to cover their ears... about now.

Nice  :D! lol XD

QuoteI don't listen that much to Death Metal, even if i'd like to. Don't know why  :-.

After i've listened to the music on the YT-links, i know. This isn't my kinda music. IMO, too much growling and nearly no singing to compliment it. Also, IMO, the constant hysterical blastbeats gets tiresome after a while. However, i still like blastbeats, at least the Hardcore and Thrash Metal sort,and i still like Metal. I respect people that like Death Metal. Just saying that i don't think Death Metal is for everyone, nor is any other kind of Metal. Sorry frapo  :(!

One band that i used to listen to (i realised they weren't my type  :P) that have Death Metal influences is Dead By April. When they became a band in (i think) late 2007/early 2008, they had quite a lot of influences of Gothenburg-Death (A Gothenburg spin on Melodic Death Metal). However, when they released their self-titled debut, they had taken more influences of Pop, and are now more appropriately classified as ``Melodic Pop Metal´´ rather than ``Melodic Death Metal´´ or  ``Gothenburg-Death´´

For proof, here's one of their demo songs, Lost, which has appearent traces of Death Metal, and contains blastbeats:

Dead By April - Lost

This demo was somewhat altered and they changed it's name to Stronger, which is featured on their self-titled debut album. It shows that they have more Pop leanings now:

10. Dead By April - Stronger (CD-Q + Lyrics!)

Just wanted to say this, since this is, in fact, a Metal-thread  :P  ;D.

Emtokay

There are blast beats used in here, For anyone still getting it wrong, this contains blast beats with different tempos, time signatures on the drums and broken blast beats

Quote from: Emtokay on December 05, 2010, 06:01:49 AM
One word

Pantera!!!

Pantera - Domination (Live Video)
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Here is some good Holst + Ramses II + Death metal. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFPjMp-uT94

Kelkuyä Eyktan

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on December 11, 2010, 04:34:58 PM
Quote``Anyone who isn't dead or from another plane of existence would do well to cover their ears... about now.

Nice  :D! lol XD

QuoteI don't listen that much to Death Metal, even if i'd like to. Don't know why  :-.

After i've listened to the music on the YT-links, i know. This isn't my kinda music. IMO, too much growling and nearly no singing to compliment it. Also, IMO, the constant hysterical blastbeats gets tiresome after a while. However, i still like blastbeats, at least the Hardcore and Thrash Metal sort,and i still like Metal. I respect people that like Death Metal. Just saying that i don't think Death Metal is for everyone, nor is any other kind of Metal. Sorry frapo  :(!

One band that i used to listen to (i realised they weren't my type  :P) that have Death Metal influences is Dead By April. When they became a band in (i think) late 2007/early 2008, they had quite a lot of influences of Gothenburg-Death (A Gothenburg spin on Melodic Death Metal). However, when they released their self-titled debut, they had taken more influences of Pop, and are now more appropriately classified as ``Melodic Pop Metal´´ rather than ``Melodic Death Metal´´ or  ``Gothenburg-Death´´

For proof, here's one of their demo songs, Lost, which has appearent traces of Death Metal, and contains blastbeats:

This demo was somewhat altered and they changed it's name to Stronger, which is featured on their self-titled debut album. It shows that they have more Pop leanings now:

Just wanted to say this, since this is, in fact, a Metal-thread  :P  ;D.

Tbh, I still wouldn't call that Death Metal :P The sound that they have is a lot more influenced to the Metalcore way   the synth stuff they have. And you wouldn't believe how many -Core subgenres there are in metal! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalcore
Hmm, seems like I can't find the link to the list of -core metal genres... oh well. Ever heard of Nintendocore?...

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

No, it isn't Death Metal. I'm just saying that i think they have Death Metal influences. Mllte, srak?

Human No More

OK, Turisas announced a new tour! \m/ ;D \m/

Is anyone going to see them? I'll be at the one in London (march 17th), would be epic to meet someone from here :)

Also, that guy on youtube is awesome, I agree, first saw his stuff fairly recently.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

QuoteAccording to the Metal Archives
Limp Biskit and that genre are not counted as Metal

I know they're not counted as Metal. They're counted as Hardcore   Rap=Rapcore (Hardcore isn't a Metal sub-genre, Right  ????).

QuoteHmm, seems like I can't find the link to the list of -core metal genres... oh well. Ever heard of Nintendocore?...

I just listened to it. WTF!?

QuoteGlam rock (ex: Poison, Whitesnake, KISS)
Classic rock (ex: Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep)
Progressive rock (ex: Yes, King Crimson, The Flower Kings, Spock's Beard)
Hard rock (ex: Guns 'N Roses, AC/DC, Alice Cooper)
Hardcore (ex: Earth Crisis, Converge)
Grindcore (and all its variants; noise, crust, etc) with little to zero metal influence (ex: Anal c***, Libido Airbag)
Punk (ex: The Misfits, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols)
Gothic rock (ex: Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Fields of Nephilim)

It makes sence to me that these bands aren't classified as Metal.

However:

QuoteMallcore, also known as "nu-metal" by some (ex: Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Drowning Pool, Slipknot)
Metalcore, unless it's clearly more metal than core (e.g Shadows Fall, The Red Chord, Killswitch Engage are OK: Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Bullet For My Valentine are NOT). If you are uncertain, best avoid metalcore bands altogether.
Industrial (ex: Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein, KMFDM, N17)
Cover/tribute/gimmick bands (ex: The Iron Maidens, Catch the Rainbow), unless they start as such and eventually write their own music

Cover/tribute/gimmick bands: I'd understand that they're not classified as Metal if they aren't actually Metal. However, i believe all Metal is Metal, cover or not.
Metalcore: IMO, should always be classified as Metal, since it always have Metal influences, more or less. For me, it's a cross-genre and therefore, IMO, should be classified as both.
Industrial: It's not!? I thought it was a Metal sub-genre. Well, in that case, Disturbed weren't Metal when they started, 'cause they had a lot of Industrial influences back then and, to me, they've always been Metal.
``Mallcore´´/NU-Metal: What!? ``Mallcore´´´!? That's a pejorative term  >:(! What f***ing conservative Metal purist wrote this list  >:(?!

Elektrolurch

Gregorian - High Hopes

Since we're all metal heads, you might love this. I fell in love with it ...
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato)

Quote from: Viritxian on December 18, 2010, 10:07:57 AM
Gregorian - High Hopes

Since we're all metal heads, you might love this. I fell in love with it ...
Oh my Eywa I loved this! Awesome Gregorian chants and the music...just great. :D

Kelkuyä Eyktan

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on December 18, 2010, 05:24:43 AM

I know they're not counted as Metal. They're counted as Hardcore   Rap=Rapcore (Hardcore isn't a Metal sub-genre, Right  ????).

I just listened to it. WTF!?

QuoteGlam rock (ex: Poison, Whitesnake, KISS)
Classic rock (ex: Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep)
Progressive rock (ex: Yes, King Crimson, The Flower Kings, Spock's Beard)
Hard rock (ex: Guns 'N Roses, AC/DC, Alice Cooper)
Hardcore (ex: Earth Crisis, Converge)
Grindcore (and all its variants; noise, crust, etc) with little to zero metal influence (ex: Anal c***, Libido Airbag)
Punk (ex: The Misfits, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols)
Gothic rock (ex: Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Fields of Nephilim)

It makes sence to me that these bands aren't classified as Metal.

However:

QuoteMallcore, also known as "nu-metal" by some (ex: Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Drowning Pool, Slipknot)
Metalcore, unless it's clearly more metal than core (e.g Shadows Fall, The Red Chord, Killswitch Engage are OK: Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu, Bullet For My Valentine are NOT). If you are uncertain, best avoid metalcore bands altogether.
Industrial (ex: Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein, KMFDM, N17)
Cover/tribute/gimmick bands (ex: The Iron Maidens, Catch the Rainbow), unless they start as such and eventually write their own music

Cover/tribute/gimmick bands: I'd understand that they're not classified as Metal if they aren't actually Metal. However, i believe all Metal is Metal, cover or not.
Metalcore: IMO, should always be classified as Metal, since it always have Metal influences, more or less. For me, it's a cross-genre and therefore, IMO, should be classified as both.
Industrial: It's not!? I thought it was a Metal sub-genre. Well, in that case, Disturbed weren't Metal when they started, 'cause they had a lot of Industrial influences back then and, to me, they've always been Metal.
``Mallcore´´/NU-Metal: What!? ``Mallcore´´´!? That's a pejorative term  >:(! What f***ing conservative Metal purist wrote this list  >:(?!

What the hell? Hardcore?... Not Metal!?  ??? Then what is this? THE HAUNTED - No Compromise (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
I know, Hardcore is actually just kind of metal style of punk, but damn does it sound like metal. I'm just gonna go with calling it Hardcore metal  ;D

Grindcore should still be classified as Metal IMO. Napalm Death has been called a Hardcore punk (metal) and Death metal band. Put those together and you basically get = Grindcore :P

Agreed, Metalcore IS Metal! I mean, HELLO, the name?!?! METAL-core?  :-\ And the same with Nu-metal. I mean, all those band has that metal type of sound. Heavy drums, distorted guitars, the vocals... the whole package.

So, do we have any in here that have listened to SOAD;D I've heard they will end their hiatus this summer and perform at a concert  :)
System Of A Down - Virgin Tea

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

QuoteWhat the hell? Hardcore?... Not Metal!?  ???

What i mean, ma Kelkuyä, is that i don't think Limp Bizkit sound that much like metal. But then again, Rapcore is a sub-genre and should probably not be used to judge a genre as a whole. I always thought Hard Rock, Hardcore and Metal where three different genres, with Hardcore leaning slightly more towards Hard Rock than Metal.

QuoteI know, Hardcore is actually just kind of metal style of punk, but damn does it sound like metal. I'm just gonna go with calling it Hardcore metal  ;D

But if Hardcore is a punk take on Metal, and Metalcore is a cross-genre, than what's the different between the two  ????

Also: I just listened to that SOAD song and, i must say, i liked it. Thought the crazy stuff the singer did was really funny  ;D!!!

QuoteI've heard they will end their hiatus this summer and perform at a concert  :)

I read in GP that SOAD, amongst others i.e. KoRn, will perform in Gothenburg at a festival called Metaltown at 17-18 june. I'm definately going (Which i should have done the past two years but have not for some reason  ???.)  ;D!!!

Kelkuyä Eyktan

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on December 20, 2010, 02:28:11 PM

What i mean, ma Kelkuyä, is that i don't think Limp Bizkit sound that much like metal. But then again, Rapcore is a sub-genre and should probably not be used to judge a genre as a whole. I always thought Hard Rock, Hardcore and Metal where three different genres, with Hardcore leaning slightly more towards Hard Rock than Metal.

I basically categorize them as metal because they don't sound like Hard Rock at all, and they are not into the "same" energy as Hardcore is. Limp Bizkit (and Linkin Park for the matter) are both very metal sounding, if you exclude the occasional rap, funk style they have. (and the clothes IMO ^^)

QuoteBut if Hardcore is a punk take on Metal, and Metalcore is a cross-genre, than what's the different between the two

One can either define them from where the music orients from, or by how they sound. Metalcore has Hardcore in its cross-genre genres, yes. But if you add in some Deathcore/Extreme metal in the ingredient, and you got a whole different vulgar sound. I mean, if you really listen to Hardcore; which are going the more Thrash way with lots of energy speed, and aggression, and compare to Metalcore; more death growling/screeching/screamo, basic Grindcore alike drum patterns and guitars that follow the double bass patterns (I SWEAR! I've heard that SOOOOOO many times in Metalcore! It gets monotonous VERY easily :S) Example of this:

QuoteAlso: I just listened to that SOAD song and, i must say, i liked it. Thought the crazy stuff the singer did was really funny  ;D!!!

Great! :D But, you thought that was crazy?  8)

System of a down -f*** the system

Check out some more of them, I think you'll like it :P

I read in GP that SOAD, amongst others i.e. KoRn, will perform in Gothenburg at a festival called Metaltown at 17-18 june. I'm definately going (Which i should have done the past two years but have not for some reason  .)  ;D!!!

Göteborgs posten, jaha jaså :P Where in Sweden is Metaltown held? Would be awesome to finally get an opportunity to watch some live shows ;D Yes, I know... I'm a n00by at that ^^

New input: Have anyone heard of a Swedish band named Rage? (maybe you have Göteborgarn? :P) I've absolutely fallen in love with one of their ballads <3 Right now, they are on a strong position at 2nd place on my list of most musically talented bands. Metallica as 1st ^^

Rage - Fading Hours
I almost cried to this the first time... so beautiful  :'(

You guys have any favorite metal ballads? <:]

Kelkuyä Eyktan

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on December 20, 2010, 09:45:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bidIrp1gZoc

I like this kind of Symphonic Metal as well. :D

Have a listen to Opeth  :D They are great! Try some of this too...

ELUVEITIE - Omnos

Or if you'd like to go harder, with Symphonic Death Metal, consider some Dimmu Borgir ;)

Dimmu Borgir - Gateways