Metallica

Started by Emtokay, July 19, 2010, 07:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emtokay

Now I've seen a few people list that they're listening to Metallica or like Metallica, but have not seen a thread.

So heres to those people that are Metallica fans so basicaly general discussion on the band their albums music equipment etc.

And I'm lucky too, get to see them in 85 days Uber excited
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Pohnon

Metallica is amazing they were my fist band to start listening to. James Hetfield is like the god of metal now.

Eyamsiyu

Lars Ulrich uses Easton Ahead drumsticks.  Possibly the best stick ever.  Besides Promark

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Emtokay

That's the only reason why I bought a pair of Ahead Ulrich Signature sticks :P

Kelkuyä Eyktan

F***en awesome that there even is a Tallica thread here on the forum  ;D

I started listening to them after I played One on Guitar hero like... 2,5 years ago?  ??? Anyway... it still is my number one fav song by them and ever since then I've expanded my metal knowledge and listening by x1000  8)

Also, metallica is (of all the band I listen to) the most musicaly-developing band I listen to :)
And don't you think I'm just a ordinary day life tallica fan that've listened to a couple of songs and know the albums but not much more...
I'm a hardcore tallica fan, for sure! Not to boast or anything ( ;D) I can rabble up ALL of the songs (in order too) from Kill em All to the Black album + Death Magnetic  :P

I own KeA,RtL,MoP,Ajfa,black and load + 5-6 live dvd's and 5 posters + AND some books  :D

Don't mess with me about Metallica xD

Emtokay

This calls for a Metallica of one day between us to, you have Stanger or ReLoad? They are both good albums as well.

Kelkuyä Eyktan

Quote from: Emtokay on August 30, 2010, 08:10:07 AM
This calls for a Metallica of one day between us to, you have Stanger or ReLoad? They are both good albums as well.

Nope. I haven't had the money to buy them :( I've been buying other cd's from other artists that I support  :D But I'll try to get atleast DM or St Anger next time :P

They are EXCELLENT albums!  :) I've listened to all the songs (ofc!)

Favs. from Reload: Fuel, Devils Dance, Bad Seed, Where the wild things are and Prince Charming ;)
Favs. from St Anger: Frantic, Some kind of Monster, Dirty WInow, Invisible Kid, Shoot me again, Sweet Amber, The Unnamed feeling and ALl withing my hand! HRH! I almost like every song Stanger  :o ;D

Emtokay

St Anger is a god album, it's nothing compared to Justice which I would claim to be their best album. Despite the fact is had no bass in it

Rangtsulfätu

I used to like Metallica, but as it is with most bands, as soon as they could smell the money it went downhill.
Oe skxawng lu!

Suteo plltxe san po tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi ulte peyä ta'leng ean lu sìk. Ayoel omum nì'aw futa por syaw fko stìkx.

Kelkuyä Eyktan

Quote from: Rangkaryu on August 31, 2010, 08:23:18 AM
I used to like Metallica, but as it is with most bands, as soon as they could smell the money it went downhill.

Sooo... what you mean is that, just because they experimented in the 90's (as all other metal bands) and you didn't like what they came up with... you have tonot like their earlier music, or the music that you liked before? Also, why dislike (negative feeling) and not just Not Like. (natural feeling). Dislike and neither liking or disliking are NOT the same thing. Why so much hate?  :-[

Rangtsulfätu

Hate? What hate? And what do you mean with the 90's?

I don't like the music they made in the last 10 years, St. Anger and Death Magnetic. Everthing before that is awesome! I love the old Metallica, I'm just not a die-hard Metallica fanboy who will love them even if they just keep hitting garbage cans for an hour.
Oe skxawng lu!

Suteo plltxe san po tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi ulte peyä ta'leng ean lu sìk. Ayoel omum nì'aw futa por syaw fko stìkx.

Emtokay

With the 90's from a musicians point of view,
Metallica - They attempted to spread their music to more people, it worked, people got turned off, many more got turned on and the true fans just stayed there, as for the music itself, solid songwriting and Hammster's guitar solos were spot on

Load and ReLoad - Is what seemed like Metallice playing more as a band trying new things

S&M - Was a risk that paid off for them, some songs didnt go with the orchestra while others did, and Michael Kamen had written up scores for Metallica's songs from Black Album right up until he died (David Cambell did the stuff of DM)

I Disappear - Simply one of the best of there more modern songs

St. Anger - Is Metallica attempting something new, it's a good album with the songwriting as they did a Metalcore thing and wrote about personal issues not pollitcal and cool concept things, and it rescued the guitar solo. Due to this album not being popular and guitarists world wide not hearing a solo they thought it'd be an idea to start playing them again

Death Magnetic - A solid effort to get back to their 80's sound, but being Thrash Metal creators and at the age of 45 what could you expect besides what happened, Lars can't execute blast beats like he did, they don't have Cliff and Flemming Rasmussen wasnt helping with this album