My Chemical Romance question

Started by Tsteu nantang, January 27, 2011, 09:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you refer to My Chemical Romance as?

MCR
My Chem.
My Chemical Romance
Other (please comment)

Tsteu nantang

Just a question of preference, and those are the three most common I've heard.

I thought I'd find out what LN.org thinks. :D
http://livenavi.forumotion.com/ HELP US OUT
Quote from: archaic
Plus she's hot, in a 'nine feet tall, skinny, blue, stripy, with a tail' kind of way.
old gallery link?id=2029[/img]

Kekerusey

Not my favourite group ever but neither do I consider them without talent ... indeed I am going to see them at Wembley in February, accompanying my daughter (Ska'ayu). As such I've made an MCR mix and will listen to very little else in the car for the two weeks (on my way to work) before we go :)

And that, of course, answers the question ... MCR (I think Ska'ayu refers to them as "My Chem")

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Hm.. Since I'm not a big fan of them, I've actually never wondered about that! :o But now that you ask, I'd probably say My Chem. - just because it sounds good, and because it's different from common abbreviations (first letter of each words). :)

Eanikran

usually just MCR cause it's faster. :P

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Love singing teenagers on Singstar  :P, I can really "act" while I'm singing ^^

Kekerusey

Have to say I think they're not a bad band ... not brilliant or anything but on the odd occasion they do come out with some good stuff ... current favourite is "Mama"

Keke

guest2859

I typically refer to them as all 3 things you posted. It's usually Emsì'ar or Meykim. (<<Haha Na'vi syllables.)

Tsteu nantang

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on February 10, 2011, 04:21:21 PM
It's usually Emsì'ar or Meykim. (<<Haha Na'vi syllables.)
Hrh now i get to show that to my NARFs and see the confused looks. Irayo
Plus she's hot, in a 'nine feet tall, skinny, blue, stripy, with a tail' kind of way.

Kekerusey

So yeah ... saw them on Saturday.

Not at all bad IMO (London, Wembley) ... they concentrated a bit too much on their most recent album (which I'm not that keen on) but not as much as some groups, gave some of their classics a good thrashing (my favourite was probably "Mama"). I enjoyed it so much that I was quite disappointed we had to leave about 15 mins before the end because of our trains.

Two support bands, the first were basically rubbish and I honestly can't remember who they were, the second were "The Blackout" who not only did an awesome job of promoting the headliners but were excellent in their own right, arguably as good as MCR in some ways.

Keke

Eanikran

I was planning on seeing them when they were in Detroit back in October I think it was. Parents said no because there were no adults going. I was 17 at the time, I would turn 18 2 months after.
-__________________________________-

Tsteu nantang

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on February 15, 2011, 06:30:29 AM
I was planning on seeing them when they were in Detroit back in October I think it was. Parents said no because there were no adults going. I was 17 at the time, I would turn 18 2 months after.
-__________________________________-
*hugs
your face said you needed one ^^

Eanikran

Hrh irayo,
Idk when they're tour will bring them here again, parents can reallllly suck sometimes T____T

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Sran, oe omum, I'm going to Graspop Metal Meeting :-) at first I wasnt very exited, but now there more names I like and I really want to go.

And the best thing is, my parents want to pay for food and drinks for camping there =D

Kekerusey

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on February 15, 2011, 06:30:29 AMI was planning on seeing them when they were in Detroit back in October I think it was. Parents said no because there were no adults going. I was 17 at the time, I would turn 18 2 months after.

I'm a parent and I don't think I'd be that strict ... in fact I know I wouldn't be that strict coz my 15 year old has been up to London with a friend to stand outside the stage door hoping to see her idol (Nick Jonas) who was in "Les Miserables" at the time ... it was also easy for my other daughter to see some of her favourite groups before she was 18 (Lostprophets, Taking Back Sunday, Aiden and others) on account of I liked them too so I'd go with her :)

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on February 15, 2011, 06:54:30 AMIdk when they're tour will bring them here again, parents can reallllly suck sometimes T____T

But not always ... depends on the parent, HRH! Not that I like all the stuff she likes, that would sad but I like enough of it to go to concerts with her ...  I'm guessing your parents can't quite identify with your taste in music?

Keke

Kekerusey

Quote from: Mìhìl Taronyu on February 15, 2011, 10:02:16 AMSran, oe omum, I'm going to Graspop Metal Meeting :-) at first I wasnt very exited, but now there more names I like and I really want to go.

I'd like to see Korn, Bullet & Avenged, the rest I've never listened to apart from Slipknot who I like the music of but not (really, really not) the image of.

Keke

Eanikran

Quote from: Kekerusey on February 15, 2011, 03:03:49 PM
Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on February 15, 2011, 06:30:29 AMI was planning on seeing them when they were in Detroit back in October I think it was. Parents said no because there were no adults going. I was 17 at the time, I would turn 18 2 months after.

I'm a parent and I don't think I'd be that strict ... in fact I know I wouldn't be that strict coz my 15 year old has been up to London with a friend to stand outside the stage door hoping to see her idol (Nick Jonas) who was in "Les Miserables" at the time ... it was also easy for my other daughter to see some of her favourite groups before she was 18 (Lostprophets, Taking Back Sunday, Aiden and others) on account of I liked them too so I'd go with her :)

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on February 15, 2011, 06:54:30 AMIdk when they're tour will bring them here again, parents can reallllly suck sometimes T____T

But not always ... depends on the parent, HRH! Not that I like all the stuff she likes, that would sad but I like enough of it to go to concerts with her ...  I'm guessing your parents can't quite identify with your taste in music?

Keke
well, my dad took me and my friend to see Green Day 2 years in a row, so it's not as much that, they're just over protective. ::)

also TBS F*** YEAH!!!11! ;D

Kekerusey

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on February 15, 2011, 03:09:13 PMwell, my dad took me and my friend to see Green Day 2 years in a row, so it's not as much that, they're just over protective. ::)

A word to parents: Kids have to grow up ... they can't do that if you "over-protect"! Still, could be worse ... your parents could try and teach you a fictional language because THEY think it's cool!!! >:(

Keke

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

MCR or just My Chemical Romance.

haven't listened to them in a while, I should today. :P
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Quote from: Kekerusey on February 17, 2011, 10:12:13 AM
Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on February 15, 2011, 03:09:13 PMwell, my dad took me and my friend to see Green Day 2 years in a row, so it's not as much that, they're just over protective. ::)

A word to parents: Kids have to grow up ... they can't do that if you "over-protect"! Still, could be worse ... your parents could try and teach you a fictional language because THEY think it's cool!!! >:(

Keke

Damn, then I'll be a bad parent, if I ever get kids that is. O.O

Kekerusey