Piano song help?

Started by Maweyatan, May 12, 2010, 09:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maweyatan

I am trying to learn the song "Knowing" Theme by Alex Wurman from the movie "The Nines". There are no sheets for it, nor any video lessons. If any of you could learn it by ear then atleast tell me the notes, I would appreciate it greatly.

Alex Wurman - "Knowing Theme"

That is the video with the song.

Irayo!

~Maweyatan.

Eyamsiyu

Well, I know the method of doing so.  I'm out of practice, so I can give a few pointers.

First you absolutely have to find the tonic/root.  Nothing else can really happen very quickly unless you take this first crucial step.

From there, every note you want to figure out is based off of that tonic, so finding the interval between the tonic and the note in question will help.  It helps to figure out the key it is in as well.

It also helps a little to be able to recognize chords upon playing, both together and separate.  This will make it extremely easy of a string of notes happens to be an arpeggio of some sort.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato)

Have you actually looked in every online site possible for it? If there isn't any, and it hs happened to me, I do it by ear. I am currently learning how to read music and play it in piano, I know how to read but for vocals, but by ear it is sometimes easier. This is a good song because the tempo is not too fast, so if you actually sit next to a piano or keyboard and listen to the song, you might be able to find the notes in the piano and continue from there :) Good Luck! :D