Techno/Trance/Hardcore/etc

Started by Étienne, January 16, 2010, 01:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Étienne

Time for another thread that people might read!  ;D

Just in case anyone is curious on what techno genre is, known as electronic dance music by Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_dance_music

So now on to the topic at hand! Discuss your love of the synthetic and rave your hearts out!

Lurk

Hardcore United from Australia~ Hardstyle as well.

Evil Activities, Donkey Rollers, Frontliner and DJ Paul Elstak~

Edit: I somehow forgot Showtek.
Munge futa nga tsun, Tìng ke'uti ne'ìm.
Software Dev - x86 Assembly / native C - 10 years.
Efficiency is everything to do with Performance~

Étienne

Uniltirea Txurtíngay

my friend was one day hearing hardstyle all the time and the day after he was hearing all what remains and it have never changed.
i hear metal/techno mixed together (at the same time)
if you see me not spelling words correct, its because im learning to write without looking at the keyboard.
(Tawtute) Lattergassen Aka. Uniltirea Txurtíngay.
Gimme a cookie. or a cake. or a pie. or a LOLCAKE.
Official Joe Satrani fan.

Reronsem Si

Used to listen to Happy Hardcore, then got stuck on Trance. Been loving trance since High School. Last massive I went to was Nocturnal Wonderland and Paul Van Dyk was the headliner. Just awesome!!

Been getting into Drum and Bass as well as Chill Out. Hardstyle sounds great too, was thinking of learning the Melbourne Shuffle just so I have an alternative to running for cardio. When it's rainy and no treadmill, dance!!

Quote from: (Tawtute) Lattergassen on January 18, 2010, 01:10:29 AM
my friend was one day hearing hardstyle all the time and the day after he was hearing all what remains and it have never changed.
i hear metal/techno mixed together (at the same time)

A cool metal/alt/techno mix is Enter Shikari. Saw those guys live as well, some British Firecrackers! Definitely get you moving and moshing while twirling glow sticks.

Night Raider

I only listen to:

Uplifting Trance
Progressive Trance / House
Deep House
Chillout
Ambient / Lounge
Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?

Étienne

Never heard of "chill out" before and I've seen quite a lot of different genres. Care to explain or link I would love to discover another form of awesome. 

Night Raider

Quote from: Étienne on January 21, 2010, 06:02:21 AM
Never heard of "chill out" before and I've seen quite a lot of different genres. Care to explain or link I would love to discover another form of awesome. 

Sure-o, here ya go:

Above & Beyond - Home
Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?

d5ive

:O Got my own copy of Avatar on Blu Ray now!

Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men - Jean Rostand

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Zalorticus

So many types...: hardstyle, hardcore, house, dance, j-core, dubstep (kinda counts I suppose), speedcore, chillout, whatever Aphex Twin is, and some others I'm sure that are missing.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

IlccEyren

anybody listen to industrial? i dabble in it. in some aspects its better then techno because it doesnt repeat a thousand times but alot of the bands tend to go screamo so thats where i find it less apealing
kaltxì aysute. I am a beginner but not by choice or time spent. simply because languages are hard for me

Ezy Ryder

I don't understand why do You call it music. Music is the effect of using instruments, not signal generators and other stuff connected to a speaker, which stop playing when the battery is too low or when they're plugged off. Generators are good but not in music... in electronics...

IlccEyren

well if you think about it in that way you can break it down even further. sound is an oscillating pressure wave created by vibrating a solid object. the more pressure waves a second the higher the pitch becomes. this is sound. music is technically only sound matched up to a beat or time signature. this now is music. music is only sound that its set to a rythym and so for instance the creation of the blueman group. incredible music all from sound that arent matched up to true instruments. most of the music you can listen to is played through speakers which changes it from instrumental to electronic if your picky. plus most instruments have gone electronic so music played is transferred to an amplifier before becoming a pressure wave. this is music so it counts
kaltxì aysute. I am a beginner but not by choice or time spent. simply because languages are hard for me

Étienne

Quote from: Ezy Ryder on February 19, 2010, 12:01:02 PM
I don't understand why do You call it music. Music is the effect of using instruments, not signal generators and other stuff connected to a speaker, which stop playing when the battery is too low or when they're plugged off. Generators are good but not in music... in electronics...

Music is organized sound that someone enjoys. So yes it's music.

Ezy Ryder

Not always organized. Look at Jimi Hendrix's playing style... The feedback is not always fully controllable. People can enjoy more thinks, which still aren't music...

Étienne

Quote from: Ezy Ryder on February 20, 2010, 04:31:00 AM
Not always organized. Look at Jimi Hendrix's playing style... The feedback is not always fully controllable. People can enjoy more thinks, which still aren't music...

So your saying that someone that's played by accident is good? Kinda sounds like he doesn't know how to play. Now don't get me wrong Jimi is one if not the greatest player alive but your comment says otherwise.

Ezy Ryder

Firstly Jimi is dead so he was the greatest, but nobody will be better.
Secondly feedback of Jimi Hendrix wasn't unwanted, it wasn't a mistake. It's not fully controllable but also not uncontrollable.
For example listen to the intro of Foxy Lady, it's not fully controlled but sounding as much as he wanted as needed.
1970 Jimi Hendrix - Foxy Lady

Étienne

Damn I had like ten typos on the other post...

EDIT:  What the poster under me says.

IlccEyren

My apologies Ezy Ryder but declaring something, which the world denotes is music, is not music is similar to saying that your right and everyone else on the planet is wrong. Im sorry but that is terribly small minded and pitiful. To declare billions upon billions of people are wrong and your the only one with an answer doesnt give you a good rap. I know its been done before by many genii, Columbus and Galileo for example, but we arent discussing something that can be scientifically proven wrong because its not something that is fact based its a preference differing between every human being that lives. Music cannot be told its not music because it is and even if you dont like it someone does and because of that it is music.   

Ezy Ryder

And someone likes racism. I didn't said that I'm right, just that I can't understand why do You call it music. By the way, You really think that as many people like techno? I can say that almost nobody listens to Rock or Blues today (I'm not saying that I'm proud 'bout it) but  it's nothing bad 'bout it (almost).